Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 13:33   #1891
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Hi, Need advice on my 2013 Polo GT TDI with 70K on Odo. ( I think my GT TDI is one of the first sold in India. Probably bought few days before Gannu_1 bought his GT TDI)

I had sent the car for routine servicing using their pickup and drop facility. It was routine service, other than oil change etc, they changed under bonnet insulation and some greasing to suspension.

When the car was delivered back to me, I accepted the car and acknowledged on the form as I was in the middle of office call. Next day when I took the car out, it started showing Engine Error light and flashing sign of coil. I could also sense the car was not driving like normal, it was behaving quite lethargic. So I called A.S.S. and turned back car and came home.

Today their support team visited. They scanned for the error, checked the engine. Their diagnosis is fault with the injector number two. They took the car back to workshop. The person who checked the car said injector cost is around 24K. He did say that we will first check wiring to rule out any other issue.

He flatly denied any connection between the servicing and this fault. But it is just too much of coincidence. There was absolutely no issue with the car before sending for servicing.

The A.S.S. is B.U. Bhandari Pune. They generally have good reputation. This is the first time I have this experience.

I need advice-
1. Do you think it is injector issue?
2. If yes, do you think it is caused during the servicing?
3. Can they really charge me this amount to me? How can I prove or convince them that this must be caused by their mechanic?
radek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 16:57   #1892
Distinguished - BHPian

You can get a second opinion. Oddly, mine failed when the car was in for service too! But this was an independent garage, not VW. And I knew the guy some years before becoming a customer, so I do trust them.

It may very well not be the fault of the mechanic. It might have died that day if it had not been at the A.S.S.

It seems that these injectors do fail. One of mine failed: I got it replaced with a rebuilt unit, half the price but zero warranty. And, obviously, you have to go outside VW for this.

What could there be about failure at service that is not coincidence or fault? Different driving style maybe. When their guy gave me a lift home in my own car he drove it much harder than I do. Not in a bad way, he drove very well, and I was entirely comfortable with his driving: probably the car should be tested this way and maybe they do. And maybe this might cause the failure of something that is just about to fail.

...just maybe-ing.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th February 2023 at 19:25.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 02:23   #1893

Hello everyone, I'm facing a strange issue with my Polo 1.2 MPI 2014 variant, when I'm putting the car in reverse the beep sound or the parking buzzer is not working. I checked the fuse for parking module and it is absolutely fine but no sound is coming when I'm engaging the reverse gear. The reverse light is getting turned on but no beep/sound. I tried checking the reverse gear switch area for possible rat bite but the wire was intact. Can anyone throw some light on this? If it had reverse switch issue then the reverse light wouldn't have turned on after engaging the reverse gear I guess.

It will be really helpful if someone can throw some light on this issue!
Old 14th April 2023, 16:57   #1894
BHPian

All,

Am giving mid-life facelift to my Polo TDi Highline and looking for suggestions / guidance for the below mentioned issues:

1. The suspension makes squeaking sound while going over the humps (irrespective of the size), since the car is 8yrs old and I dont intend to sell it in near future, Am planning to replace entire suspension kit on my 2015 Polo TDi highline and am considering Bilstein B6. However am not finding any place in Bangalore who can do this work. If anyone has got the above setup done in Bangalore, please guide. Am open to alternate suggestions too.

2. The plastic click-locks of left headlamp have given up and the headlight shakes badly, currently am keeping it together with glue. ASC is quoting ~10k for the part. I'd prefer changing both of them just for the uniformity's sake and 20k seems to be higher side. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Rajesh
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 23:46   #1895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
1. The suspension makes squeaking sound while going over the humps ...
Are you sure it is the suspension? My 2014 GT TDI is squeaking, and it is coming from my seat.

Anyway, anyone know how to treat squeaky car seats?
Old 15th April 2023, 14:10   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Are you sure it is the suspension? My 2014 GT TDI is squeaking, and it is coming from my seat.

Anyway, anyone know how to treat squeaky car seats?
It is indeed front suspension. I took it to the FNG this morning and the tech took for a spin and confirmed the issue. I asked for Bilstein B6 he quoted ~1.1L for all 4 of them which was way over my budget. As an alternative, he suggested Sachs Gas Struts for around 35K all inclusive, online reviews look good and I may go for them.

How to treat squeaky car seats? Sometimes just a basic care like cleaning up the rails and greasing them where required would fix.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 20:43   #1897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How to treat squeaky car seats? Sometimes just a basic care like cleaning up the rails and greasing them where required would fix.
Thanks, that's a good idea. But I feel it is the springs (?) supporting the upholstery.

Suspension overhaul will be on my list soon. But it's holding out except for the rubber covers.

Do report back on yours and its results
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 09:39   #1898
BHPian

Quote:
The plastic click-locks of left headlamp have given up and the headlight shakes badly, currently am keeping it together with glue. ASC is quoting ~10k for the part. I'd prefer changing both of them just for the uniformity's sake and 20k seems to be higher side. Any suggestions would be great.
Yes. One suggestion here. Check out this video, it might be helpful for you.

batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 21:45   #1899
BHPian

My Polo 1.2 TDI idle RPM stays at 1000 most of the times. I checked OBD scan, but nothing reported. However the idle RPM is frequently high and stays at 1000. Anyone facing similar issue? My service person could not find anything abnormal. Request some help and suggestions if anyone had same type of issue.
Old 1st June 2023, 19:19   #1900
BHPian

Hello Guys,

Last day my Polo's key was accidently washed with the clothes. Now, the door lock & unlock buttons are not working but the tailgate button is fine. I thought of replacing the key so that things will be back to normal. I called the showroom guys to check how much it'll cost and OMG they quoted INR 13,000/- for the replacement. I was like

Could you guys please help me out in this matter? I'm thinking of fixing from some outside vendors but just want to get something nice similar to the original one. I don't know if it is possible and I would really really want to know why it is this expensive to replace a key.

Your inputs on the matter would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 11th June 2023, 20:54   #1901
BHPian

Hi Fellows,

I want to get my Polo Petrol (~75K) serviced. I have been availing services from Cartisan etc., for the last couple of years but now want to get my car also scanned for any system error or an ECU patch update (if released by VW). Any reliable centre wherein I can get my car serviced with peace of mind?

I am on Bannerghatta Road (Near IIM-B). However, distance within Bangalore is not a problem (I love driving like all of us ). Please suggest.
Old 12th June 2023, 07:13   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailinder View Post
Hi Fellows,

I am on Bannerghatta Road (Near IIM-B). However, distance within Bangalore is not a problem (I love driving like all of us ). Please suggest.
I would suggest the below two

Engineering exponent in Whitefield

Code6 in Kasavanahalli

Both are well known for handling German Cars.

P.s I'm no way associated with them
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 11:11   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
P.s I'm no way associated with them
Ha ha ha.. I got that, mate.

Just a quick point, would they be able to identify a system error code and address it? I presume that only at the VW workshop one would get this service wherein the ECU or any system-related fault will be addressed (if it has dependency from the OEM/VW side)? Please correct me.

Secondly, do they perform normal/general service?
Old 13th June 2023, 11:32   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailinder View Post
Ha ha ha.. I got that, mate.

Just a quick point, would they be able to identify a system error code and address it? I presume that only at the VW workshop one would get this service wherein the ECU or any system-related fault will be addressed (if it has dependency from the OEM/VW side)? Please correct me.

Secondly, do they perform normal/general service?
Both are well known for tuning ECU so I'm sure they can identify the error code & help in addressing it. Both do carry out normal/general service. In fact I will be sending my vento for its next service to code6 as it's very close to my place. I would suggest call both and talk to them about your requirement and whoever sounds more promising you should take it to them. I know people in my own circle who have used both and none have so far given any negative feedback on either of them.
Old 13th June 2023, 13:10   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
I will be sending my vento for its next service to code6 as it's very close to my place. I would suggest call both and talk to them about your requirement and whoever sounds more promising you should take it to them. I know people in my own circle who have used both and none have so far given any negative feedback on either of them.
Well, that's confidence-inspiring. Sure, I will call and check with them.

How much do they generally charge for a normal service? Or how much did they charge for your Vento last time?

Most Viewed