Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2021, 11:41   #1816
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Hi All,

Recently I got general service done on my VW Polo TDI 1.5 2015. Ever since am not getting the push back feel when the turbo opens up. I spoke to my SA post that and he mentioned nothing has been changed to affect that, however I don't get that feeling anymore which is one among most fun element driving Polo. Could someone please shed some light to this ?

Thanks in Advance.
Rajesh
Old 23rd August 2021, 11:47   #1817
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Hi All,

Recently I got general service done on my VW Polo TDI 1.5 2015. Ever since am not getting the push back feel when the turbo opens up. I spoke to my SA post that and he mentioned nothing has been changed to affect that, however I don't get that feeling anymore which is one among most fun element driving Polo. Could someone please shed some light to this ?

Thanks in Advance.
Rajesh
Did they do that dieselgate update to the ECU?
Old 23rd August 2021, 11:57   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Did they do that dieselgate update to the ECU?
The SA is not mentioning any of that despite me asking him multiple times about it. I've also noticed changes in the way how MID displays information post that service. There's no real time mileage information display and few other things as well.

Last edited by 2500cc : 23rd August 2021 at 12:06.
Old 3rd September 2021, 17:06   #1819

Hey Guys ,

Greetings to all of you,

So, recently i wanted to discuss this issue with you all for Service of my 2017 Volkswagen Polo GT TSI. @chandigarh and i found out this.

I recently went in for the service for my Polo and it has clocked about 22k on the odometer and is going in for the second service since the car is very less driven. Since my first service i noticed that when they replace the Air Filter , they change it to an universal diesel filter is used for the same diesel version as well.

Upon asking the management they told me it has no lag but you could feel the GT being not Gt'ish anymore. So i prompted them again and had discussed to get me the air filter which comes at the time of delivery with Part Number "6R0129620A" and the Part number they replace it is with " 6RF129620" .

I emailed Volkswagen about the issue and i wrote them a detailed email about the issue and i am experiencing some performance lag in the car to which they arranged a call with my nearest dealer and nothing was settled. They insisted on nothing has affected the performance of the car. Then the nearest dealer from which i got my car serviced arranged a call and then they just said they would order it for me and then would replace it for free as per the product arrival. Second day, after prompting me to receive Volkswagen service centre calls for problem solving and rating for the dealer's response which i did not respond to. Second day they said Volkswagen itself has stopped making that particular part number and has replaced it with the new one instead no conclusion was made and the problem persisted.

The part number which the dealers put is also made by "Lumax" but has no branding of it whereas in aftermarket the same product can be sourced for just mare 300/- . The other part number "6R0129620A" is for 733/- which they say has been replaced and is not in the offline mode of aftermarket shops as well.

i tried finding the part number but its not available anywhere but only through "Boodmo" international shipping from Europe itself. Tried sourcing it from offline and online sources but no success.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-6rf129620-28499411/

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-air_filter-4427300/

It was very disappointing from the Volkswagen side as well they just refer your complaint to the dealer rather taking in control and finding the solution for the problem.

is there any other aftermarket product which is suitable? or i should modify it to some other brand as i am not happy with the car's performance.

i have attached pictures of both the box with the details and its funny how they cost cutting on such beautiful machines by these little petty things. look at the difference.VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-dddddddddd.jpeg

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-unnamed.jpeg
Old 3rd September 2021, 17:45   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramAditya View Post
is there any other aftermarket product which is suitable? or i should modify it to some other brand as i am not happy with the car's performance.
Not usually recommended for warranty reasons but you can put in a K&N stock replacement filter and check. I bet it would give similar performance to the original one that came in your vehicle.
KkVaidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 17:45   #1821

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Not usually recommended for warranty reasons but you can put in a K&N stock replacement filter and check. I bet it would give similar performance to the original one that came in your vehicle.
Is it this one brother? https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-air_filter-3207689/

an, can you suggest me a place from where i can get it shipped. too scared of buying it offline.

The official warranty has ended and no extended warranty was purchased. So i am looking out and this is what my research conducted concludes.

An Update post this thread :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ir-filter.html (Solved: VW Polo GT TSI power drop after service! It was the air filter)

The present scenario for any other GT-TSI owners who are facing the same issue can refer to this.

The part number "6R0129620A" can be found on Boodmo only if you willing to pay a little over for it since its gonna ship from abroad or you can try other filter which are aftermarket but serves and fixes the problem. According my search UFI & SOFIMA are partnered in india and are sharing the same quality of products overall. There is three companies which turns out be better serving which is Bosch, UFI & SOFIMA , MANN.

The links through Boodmo as they are not really available anywhere online.

The UFI Filter the original one https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-air_filter-2309380/

The MANN Filter https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-air_filter-1091803/

The SOFIMA Filter https://www.motrparts.com/shop/sofim...vw-polo-vento/

The BOSCH Filter https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-air_filter-1407986/

I have ordered Bosch & Sofima to lets see how does it turns out waiting for my shipment to arrive will have an update over it.
VikramAditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 11:19   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramAditya View Post
Is it this one brother? https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-air_filter-3207689/

an, can you suggest me a place from where i can get it shipped. too scared of buying it offline.
The price on Boodmo, I believe, is double the original price it should be sold at!
Nevertheless, as you have already ordered another one, do update on the difference if any.
KkVaidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 11:42   #1823
BHPian

Any online websites where I can procure the canbus adapter to plug-in the Volkswagen stereo? Tried searching online but couldn't find any trustworthy websites.

Offline contacts or leads is appreciated as well, if the store can courier the same to Kerala!
Old 7th September 2021, 11:57   #1824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Any online websites where I can procure the canbus adapter to plug-in the Volkswagen stereo? Tried searching online but couldn't find any trustworthy websites.

Offline contacts or leads is appreciated as well, if the store can courier the same to Kerala!
Search for GermanDna on FB or Insta. Now he also has a physical store in Thrissur.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 00:14   #1825

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
The price on Boodmo, I believe, is double the original price it should be sold at!
Nevertheless, as you have already ordered another one, do update on the difference if any.
you are right, actually, i had a price issue as well as timeline since it will take a month. Since Bosch is trustworthy and around the same price point cause original also costs 733/- they might be aware of it and making a better aftermarket then the competitors and i wanted to try with the Sofima one since i read the thread and it solved the problem.

will definitely have an update over it.
Old 8th September 2021, 00:55   #1826

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post

Mob-9818935777 - SHALINDER CHOUDHARY
Old 9th September 2021, 15:00   #1827
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of times recently, my 2014 GT TDI has lost power, behaving almost (sort of but not quite) like being in 5th gear at 15kph. It lasts a few seconds and then the car goes back to normal. It is die for service, but, in every other way, is performing well.

I had an injector failure last year, but I didn't really observe symptoms. It was diagnosed by a trusted FNG. I wonder if another one is on the way out?
Old 9th September 2021, 16:56   #1828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
A couple of times recently, my 2014 GT TDI has lost power, behaving almost (sort of but not quite) like being in 5th gear at 15kph. It lasts a few seconds and then the car goes back to normal. It is die for service, but, in every other way, is performing well.

I had an injector failure last year, but I didn't really observe symptoms. It was diagnosed by a trusted FNG. I wonder if another one is on the way out?
you should definitely go in for a complete service cause these cars tend to act in a weird way if neglected a bit with car on going failures. but, try to get your oil sensors and overall sensors check once cause failure due to unknown is mostly due to the sensor malfunctions.
Old 26th September 2021, 12:17   #1829
BHPian

I recently bought a set of fog lamps for my VW Polo and I installed it on my vehicle (connecting it to the battery) but it has a separate switch being taken all the way to the dashboard.

For fit and finish, I thought of avoiding the switch all together as it doesn't sit well in the cabin and partly due to my OCD of doing things perfectly.

After watching YouTube videos, I realised that VW has already given separate wires for the fog lights on trendline models in the engine bay right next to the headlight wires - see picture below, please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-img_20210926_114819.jpg

However, I'm not really sure if this is an actual plug in connector or a dummy one. Pardon me for my limited knowledge but I'm confused if I should cut this and connect the wires using tape or if there is a connector being sold for this. Any leads would be helpful.

I understand this would need me to change the headlight switch as it doesn't have the option to turn on the front fog lights but only the rear ones. Will try to procure one from Banggood or DHGate. Unless someone knows a better jugaad like setting it up to turn on along with rear fog lamps.

Last edited by logicalidiot : 26th September 2021 at 12:20.
Old 26th October 2021, 12:28   #1830
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I am looking for Help regarding the Service of my GT Tsi (2018 June). It has run around 43k kms, and recently I have started feeling that the suspensions have become Hard. I can literally feel even small potholes or bad roads inside the car.
Also, I feel the Brake Pads/Disc needs replacements.

I was checking with the VW service Centers in Bangalore around me (Mysore road, Rajajinagar), but none of them have slots available for atleast a week. (I had never faced this much of waiting period just to schedule a Service ).

So i am looking for Valuable suggestions from the Fellow BHPians on which service center(Multi brand service centers or Specialized VW third party service centers) is Good for these kind of Periodic checkups and Replacements.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks