Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2021, 18:13   #1801
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Anybody had issues with their boot lock mechanism? Mine suddenly doesn't hatch on to the lock anymore even if I shut the boot lid relatively hard. Looks like the lock mechanism has gone kaput. Also there is this weird "krrrrrrrr" noise for about 1-2 seconds if I try opening from the outside - it's not latched to the lock but still get this weird sound as if some electric motor is jammed when I try opening using the standard VW logo boot opener.

Any idea how much it costs? And the main question, would it be possible to fix or replace ourselves - DIY?
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 11:30   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My cats have chewed and sat on the antenna, and now it has broken at the base. I've put a bolt in the hole, with a touch of silicon grease, to prevent water getting in next time we are out in the rain.
My antenna was broken 2 years back and replaced it with this -
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-100093610-39370719/
works perfect.
Old 14th July 2021, 18:04   #1803

Hello Team, My 2016 Polo 1.2 MPI is due for its fifth annual service. There is a workshop near my home. Got a dent corrected from there in past also there is a friend who vouched for them and since my car is out of warranty now. I'm thinking of getting it serviced from there, I have been quoted ₹4000 for the same. I used to get it serviced from the VW workshop for around 10k every year. What should I keep in mind while getting it serviced? What can I expect? Are there any scheduled replacements for the fifth year? Any info will be useful. Thanks a lot.
~drumbrakes
Old 14th July 2021, 19:00   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Any idea how much it costs? And the main question, would it be possible to fix or replace ourselves - DIY?

All depends on how much work you do on your car but replacing should be a simple matter. Just be careful when you release the plug to the motor and dont use a screwdriver to force it out. It should slide out without tools if done right.

My tailgate got stuck once and I removed the motor and diamantled it. It was all dry and green with oxides. It was just cleaned and and greased with contact grease and works like new.
Old 14th July 2021, 19:32   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbrakes View Post
Hello Team, My 2016 Polo 1.2 MPI is due for its fifth annual service. There is a workshop near my home. Got a dent corrected from there in past also there is a friend who vouched for them and since my car is out of warranty now. I'm thinking of getting it serviced from there, I have been quoted ₹4000 for the same. I used to get it serviced from the VW workshop for around 10k every year. What should I keep in mind while getting it serviced? What can I expect? Are there any scheduled replacements for the fifth year? Any info will be useful. Thanks a lot.
~drumbrakes
Your user manual startes which parts are to be replaced at each service interval and according to kilometers too. Check according to the kilometers run by your car, not by the years covered, but some parts have life too which needs to be replaced according to the time. You can ask the suggestion of the service folks in that case.

Normal service would include, engine oil change, oil filter, air filter, ac cabin filter. Oiling and lubing of some parts. Coolant would be topped up if needed, so would be the the wiper fluid. Ask them to check brake fluid too. Thickness of disc pads would be checked. Moreover that would give you suggestions too after driving and checking your car.
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 16:50   #1806
BHPian

Greetings,
Got the Fuel filter on my 2014 Polo 1.2 TDI changed today.
After the job is done, I'm seeing a flashing coil and Engine symbol on the dash!
The workshop says it's fine and they don't have an OBD scanner. Need advice regarding this issue from experts.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-img_20210716_164806.jpg  

Old 16th July 2021, 18:57   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Greetings,
Got the Fuel filter on my 2014 Polo 1.2 TDI changed today.
After the job is done, I'm seeing a flashing coil and Engine symbol on the dash!
The workshop says it's fine and they don't have an OBD scanner. Need advice regarding this issue from experts.
Please check all the wiring in the engine bay. I had the same problem when a wire was bitten by mice and after it was fixed, the signal didn’t go away immediately. So the local auto electrician removed the mains from the battery for 2 minutes and connected it back and the warning/error lights’ problem was gone.
vishaljawahar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 09:13   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaljawahar View Post
Please check all the wiring in the engine bay. I had the same problem when a wire was bitten by mice and after it was fixed, the signal didn’t go away immediately. So the local auto electrician removed the mains from the battery for 2 minutes and connected it back and the warning/error lights’ problem was gone.
Morning all..
Did a Sunday DIY.
Checked the engine bay and after a lot of time, I could assume what the reason was for the glow plug blinking sign in dashboard.
Did a indian jugaad and behold!
The light disappeared.
P.S The engine check light disappeared yesterday and reappeared today morning.
One down one to go.
Have a nice weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-img_20210718_090653.jpg  

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-img_20210718_085833.jpg  

matchvan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 20:08   #1809
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Looking for some help with an issue on my VW Polo TDI 1.5 2016 .The car has run 42Ks(thanks to covid for the 4k alone I did since 2020). I recently noticed an oil leak under my car when parked.

The leak is very minimal(less than a drop a day I think), so I took to Apple Auto(VW showroom Bangalore) to get it checked. I was told that the leak was observed in Rear End Oil Seal and needs to be replaced

I was told that replacing this is a tedious job and gave me the following breakup

Part : 13000(includes all additional components)
Labor : 5K as this needs removing the clutch assembly and reinstalling it.

The service advisor suggested that the leak is very very minimal that it should not affect the car's performance. Suggested me to run it as is till the next service that is due in December and get it fixed if there are any further issues. he said if I choose to replace the clutch assembly as well(if any problem arises), then this replacement will be included in that and I can save 4K on labor alone.

I've had a fuel injector issue recently that costed 36k in replacement at Mudra Bosch,Bangalore. Now this is going to dent my wallet more.

I bought the car back home paying for the labor charges for now.

How do I go about this ? is there an alternate way to plug this leak with out replacements ? Any reliable sources in Bangalore that can help ?

Thanks
kk
Old 19th July 2021, 20:43   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post
Hello Everyone,
How do I go about this ? is there an alternate way to plug this leak with out replacements ? Any reliable sources in Bangalore that can help ?

Thanks
kk
A drop a day is nothing, I think you should ignore it, even the service adviser said so, when normally they are all for replacing parts and components. Just keep an eye on the oil level and the dropping oil. If you are able to find the source of the drop you can try putting mseal there after cleaning that area with some detergent to remove the oil.
Old 19th July 2021, 20:43   #1811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've had a fuel injector issue recently that costed 36k in replacement at Mudra Bosch,Bangalore. Now this is going to dent my wallet more.
A by-the-way... I replaced one last year with a reconditioned unit at half the price. Of course, no warranty: it's a gamble.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th July 2021 at 08:34. Reason: Minor typo. :)
Old 20th July 2021, 07:43   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
If you are able to find the source of the drop you can try putting mseal there after cleaning that area with some detergent to remove the oil.
I just found a Youtube Video that explains the problem -

But the leak on my car is not this severe. I still don't feel comfortable leaving as is. Aches to see an oil stain on the floor under the car
Old 20th July 2021, 12:26   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
I still don't feel comfortable leaving as is. Aches to see an oil stain on the floor under the car
18000rs vs a little stain everyday, you decide man
You can go to a good FNG and take their opinion as well.
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 15:21   #1814
Distinguished - BHPian

Good idea to check with a trusted/recommended FNG.
Quote:
Aches to see an oil stain on the floor under the car
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
18000rs vs a little stain everyday, you decide man
If it is your drive, then an oil stain, even built up at one drop a day, is indeed undesirable. But there is another answer that would not cost 18k: put a drip tray there.

M-seal? Combination of oil and glue/resin is almost certain to fail, and if it doesn't, it might complicate proper service in the future. IF it sticks, I'd favour silicone sealant as an idea. But I'd still prefer a drip tray!
Old 25th July 2021, 01:30   #1815

Got my five-year-old polo serviced from a nearby garage (S.S motors located in Nawada, Delhi).
Engine: 1.2 MPI, Petrol
Kms: 35689
Amount Paid: 5920/- including wheel alignment & balancing (650/-) and Interior cleaning (750*/-).

Overall experience was good. Would recommend this FNG. 👍

*Interior cleaning at a discounted price than usual.

~drumbrakes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks