Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2021, 14:17   #1771
BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacmanBegins View Post
Got the car back from Volkswagen yesterday. Attaching the before and after pictures.

Attachment 2134675

Happy with the work done by Volkswagen.
Looks good as new. Which place did you have this done?
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 18:19   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Looks good as new. Which place did you have this done?
Got it done at Volkswagen OMR, Chennai.
Old 19th March 2021, 22:13   #1773
Distinguished - BHPian

VW in Whites Rd fixed my worst accident damage some years ago (and some minor ones too). They did great work. So, on the independent side, has Ignite.

If I give the impression that I am always bashing my car about, I'm afraid that, if the minor marks and scratches are included, it's true. I save them up.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 22:54   #1774
BHPian

Finally it happened!!!

My beloved Polo met with an accident yesterday near Chorla.

I was driving at a very slow speed as my wife had just removed my kid for few mins out of the car seat as he was very cranky. That made me slow down even further. A Duke "dude" driving on the wrong side at a very high speed on the turn with a typical biker style (low bend turn) came out of nowhere and BAMM!!! Such a heart break. I never thought I would see airbags deployed in my car. To God's grace the Duke dude survived and was able to walk fine. I was so pissed at him but obviously I had a family of 5 with a kid and 2 senior citizens. I hurled him a few abuses as a natural reaction and locals wanted me to take some action on him but I let it go.

Thankfully a savior sent from heaven dropped me and my family to a Hotel in Belgaum. He was very helpful and I could not thank him enough for his generosity. There was no network at the crash place and no car would generally accept people specially during Covid times.

I have got my car towed. I am wondering how much would replacing 2 air bags with front bumper, radiator, condensor, lights etc cost me?

The car is 7.5 years old and My IDV is 2.5l. I am super worried to let this one go. It was going to be my long term car as I loved it so much. I feel dejected at this moment and nobody except people on this forum would understand the pain of losing your precious car.

Last edited by abhatt : 20th March 2021 at 22:55.
abhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 13:49   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
Finally it happened!!!

My beloved Polo met with an accident yesterday near Chorla.

I was driving at a very slow speed as my wife had just removed my kid for few mins out of the car seat as he was very cranky. That made me slow down even further. A Duke "dude" driving on the wrong side at a very high speed on the turn with a typical biker style (low bend turn) came out of nowhere and BAMM!!! Such a heart break. I never thought I would see airbags deployed in my car. To God's grace the Duke dude survived and was able to walk fine. I was so pissed at him but obviously I had a family of 5 with a kid and 2 senior citizens. I hurled him a few abuses as a natural reaction and locals wanted me to take some action on him but I let it go.

Thankfully a savior sent from heaven dropped me and my family to a Hotel in Belgaum. He was very helpful and I could not thank him enough for his generosity. There was no network at the crash place and no car would generally accept people specially during Covid times.

I have got my car towed. I am wondering how much would replacing 2 air bags with front bumper, radiator, condensor, lights etc cost me?

The car is 7.5 years old and My IDV is 2.5l. I am super worried to let this one go. It was going to be my long term car as I loved it so much. I feel dejected at this moment and nobody except people on this forum would understand the pain of losing your precious car.
Oh boy, good to know that every person involved is safe, including the baby! Sounds like a terrible accident in terms of the damage it caused, were you able to exchange any insurance related details from the other driver? Wouldn't one be able to claim this from the other driver's insurance assuming it covers this?
ankur_fox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:39   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
Oh boy, good to know that every person involved is safe, including the baby! Sounds like a terrible accident in terms of the damage it caused, were you able to exchange any insurance related details from the other driver? Wouldn't one be able to claim this from the other driver's insurance assuming it covers this?
I never knew I had to take the insurance details of the bike guy. It is stupid of me. Is that the norm? Would a bike insurance cover liability of a car?
Old 28th March 2021, 03:18   #1777
BHPian

The front shock absorbers along with the arm bush needs to be replaced on my Polo 1.6. The bosch service centre here in Jaipur has given me an estimate of around ₹16-17k including labour.
Is it fair? Or should I go with GoMechanic?
Old 29th March 2021, 00:08   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakash1412 View Post
The front shock absorbers along with the arm bush needs to be replaced on my Polo 1.6. The bosch service centre here in Jaipur has given me an estimate of around ₹16-17k including labour.
Is it fair? Or should I go with GoMechanic?
Is this the same Bosch service center which is located on tonk road opposite to BMW showroom? I recently got my Polo 1.2 serviced from there and had a good experience, I replaced the front suspension along with the suspension rubber mounts, total cost was approx 8k including labour, according to them the front suspension mounts are very expensive for Polo, this got me suspicious. But apart from that rest was good.

Get a quote from authorised service center as well, will give you a fair idea.
Old 29th March 2021, 01:36   #1779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Is this the same Bosch service center which is located on tonk road opposite to BMW showroom? I recently got my Polo 1.2 serviced from there and had a good experience, I replaced the front suspension along with the suspension rubber mounts, total cost was approx 8k including labour, according to them the front suspension mounts are very expensive for Polo, this got me suspicious. But apart from that rest was good.

Get a quote from authorised service center as well, will give you a fair idea.
Yes this is the same workshop. I recently got my front disc pads and one of the ABS sensors replaced from there. The guy seems genuine but it’s always nice to get a second opinion.
Old 31st March 2021, 09:07   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakash1412 View Post
Yes this is the same workshop. I recently got my front disc pads and one of the ABS sensors replaced from there. The guy seems genuine but it’s always nice to get a second opinion.
Yeah second opinion is always good in case of big expensive repairs, what about getting a quote from volkswagen service center?
Old 27th April 2021, 13:47   #1781
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,
Need some urgent advice, My 2021 Polo TSI has thrown up a CEL after just 2145Kms and <2 months of ownership. Owing to the lockdown in Maharastra I am unable to contact anyone from the Service Centre here and I am at a total loss of whats happened.
The CEL came up while returning from an essential only run, it was not a spirited drive and I don't think any of my actions could have thrown up the CEL.

The car has been however parked in the basement for almost a week and I suspect a rat bite, however, the rat bite should have thrown up Christmas trees on my dashboard. I checked all the fuses and none of them are blown.

P.S. The car just underwent its 1st service at the beginning of this month. Any major cause for concern should have been ideally caught at the swagaat service/inspection.

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-whatsapp-image-20210427-1.46.40-pm.jpeg
Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
KA19Rao is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 15:33   #1782
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA19Rao View Post
CEL
Looks like this is your first VW ownership experience

VW cars love throwing this one, especially if it comes while the engine is running, I have never even stopped paying heed towards it. Normally this one is associated to your exhaust and the pollution stuff, and you can keep driving around. If some other light also comes up, then it's a matter of concern.

My experience says that this light normally goes away either in next start up, or in a few days by itself.

My response is purely based on my personal ownership experience, I am a 'less sensitive' type BHPian and have expressed what I follow. Well, I simply ignore and keep driving. This one is such a elusive light, that it never accompanied me to the service station till date. So, check in next start up, or the one following it, the light will probably go by itself.
VKumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 16:15   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Looks like this is your first VW ownership experience

My experience says that this light normally goes away either in next start up, or in a few days by itself.

My response is purely based on my personal ownership experience, I am a 'less sensitive' type BHPian and have expressed what I follow. Well, I simply ignore and keep driving. This one is such a elusive light, that it never accompanied me to the service station till date. So, check in next start up, or the one following it, the light will probably go by itself.
Hi VKumar, I got the CEL yesterday afternoon, it's been several start-ups later and it still has the audacity to remain on .The same was also mentioned by my SA and asked me to let it be for now. Due to the lockdown, I have no other choice but to wait and try to diagnose the problem myself.
Cheers
KA19Rao is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 18:29   #1784
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA19Rao View Post
Hi VKumar, I got the CEL yesterday afternoon
Around 4:45 I suppose. Your car clock is showing 4:51, and I expect the VW clocks to gain 1 minute per month, the Ze-Germans are fast in every manner.

Quote:
it's been several start-ups later and it still has the audacity to remain on
Quite stubborn I must say. This is the unique way of 'The Polo' of keeping you involved while in the ownership.

It's like the tantrum that doesn't end up in a breakup. When you are living peacefully; partying, and dancing with the friends; she suddenly throw this light (tantrum, that unexpected phone call) to make her presence felt, and add some adventure to your life. So, learn to live with it.

Quote:
I have no other choice but to wait and try to diagnose the problem myself.
Last time when I got a stubborn one, all I did was:
1) Go to FNG and get throttle body cleaned
2) Remove battery negative terminal and put it back after a minute.

The light was gone. Since it's a lockdown, you can try the step no. 2, that resets everything (including your clock), but the light is known to go away after that.

51st Shade of Grey: Even while you open the negative terminal clamp, you will love the way it's done. Unlike the simply round clamps that Indian or most eastern cars get, Polo has a proper piece of engineering tightened even on the negative terminal

Last edited by VKumar : 27th April 2021 at 18:35.
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 19:20   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Around 4:45 I suppose.
=====
Unlike the simply round clamps that Indian or most eastern cars get, Polo has a proper piece of engineering tightened even on the negative terminal
Stubborn CEL solution no.2 was a no bueno. Left it for a whole minute before reconnecting it.
Stubborn CEL solution no.1 might not be stretch as the EPC light remains on for about 3-5 secs after the ignition is twisted. (Surprising if this is the solution as the car is basically still a toddler.)

Funny how I have managed to avoid such personal relationships in life just to finally end up in one with my car.
You have provided me with a lot of insight into Ze German ownership.
Cheers
KA19Rao is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks