Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2020, 09:19   #1621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
Awesome. You got this done with the showroom or the service centre? Also, was the amount all inclusive?
Looks like the price varies with city but it is in the same ballpark range. I was quoted 6500 in Bangalore, however my dealer didn't have it in stock. Got it fitted from Trivandrum and the total came up to 6250.
Old 28th February 2020, 18:44   #1622

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

I got the genuine armrest with cup holder from accessories section of the showroom for 5.5k plus 500 for labour. By the way the dealership is vw palace cross .
Old 12th March 2020, 10:32   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any idea of the cost of replacement for the Left Front power window motor? Does the motor come as single piece or is it required that I buy a PAIR (Left + Right)?

The car is a Polo 1.6 2011 model.
Old 8th April 2020, 17:47   #1624
BHPian

Polo Masters, Help required! My 2015 1.5D Polo key will not turn beyond ON position. I did attempt to put a pin the small hole around the corner on the ignition. It did start. But not there after.

Has the key ignition tumbler gone kaput? Or is there some thing that can be done to fix it?

Any help will be much appreciated!
Old 8th April 2020, 19:51   #1625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkathy23 View Post
Any help will be much appreciated!
Steering lock jammed? Or wheel in a position that is putting a lot of pressure on it? Have you tried waggling the wheel while trying to turn the key?

That is the obvious answer, and you may have done it already. Next, I think you meed a mechanic.
Old 23rd April 2020, 18:30   #1626

Hi guys, I am a used polo owner ( 2012) manufactured. I purchased the car in 2015 and since then have faced various issues ranging from needing to change the suspension, wheel bearing, break pads etc. my epic warning has come up once and power to the engine was cut, but luckily after being fixed it has not resurfaced.

Apart from some noise which comes from the breaks on initially reversing the car and a partially defunct backlight one the tachometer, the car seems to be working fine.

I have a few questions from polo owners
1. Does it make sense to replace the entire odo meter just because part of the light on the tacho meter has disappeared? Vw says this will cost 9000 rupees approx.

2. If one is bored of the old bumpers on the car and likes the present look better, will a dealership agree to virtually facelifting the car for us by replacing the front and rear? Has anyone here tried this?

3. Will the dealership replace/ upgrade the steering wheel to the flat bottom steering wheels with steering mounted controls ( I’ve upgraded the infotainment system to the touch screen system with android auto and apple car play)

I understand all of this is needless expense and doesn’t make sense, but request your indulgence.
Old 23rd April 2020, 20:59   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanks View Post
---
1. Does it make sense to replace the entire odometer just because part of the light on the tachometer has disappeared? Vw says this will cost 9000 rupees approx.

2. If one is bored of the old bumpers on the car and likes the present look better, will a dealership agree to virtually facelifting the car for us by replacing the front and rear? Has anyone here tried this?

3. Will the dealership replace/ upgrade the steering wheel to the flat bottom steering wheels with steering mounted controls ( I’ve upgraded the infotainment system to the touch screen system with android auto and apple car play).
1. Does not make any sense. It impacts only during night, and that too it is not a showstopper. So don't waste money on this change.

2. Yes new bumper makes car look good. But before you sink in the feeling, there would be scratches.. So once again does not make sense to invest money.

3. Flat steering is only fancy, trust me it is not good to drive with flat bottom steering. Check the following thread on the same.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ng-wheels.html (Benefits of flat-bottom steering wheels)

Sorry to discourage you. I think with the same money you can do much better jobs, like

1. ARM rest
2. Interior cleaning
3. May be new tyres (if required only)
4. May be projector lamp, if you are doing night drives on highway

or best

Donate to some needy people during this pandemic time.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 27th April 2020 at 15:06. Reason: Edited typos. Thanks.
manjubp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 12:36   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanks View Post
Apart from some noise which comes from the breaks on initially reversing the car and a partially defunct backlight one the tachometer, the car seems to be working fine.
For the instrument light, i would suggest you approach an independent workshop who can help you fix the problem, instead of replacing.

For the bumpers and flat bottom steering wheel, i would again source from online portals and get it fitted outside of authorised delaers as they would be expensive for such jobs ( not because its a VW - in general they have higher prices for everything).
KkVaidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 14:43   #1629

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post

Sorry to discourage you. I think with the same money you can do much better jobs, like

1. ARM rest
2. Interior cleaning
Where would you recommend getting interior cleaning from? 3M or the service center during service?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 27th April 2020 at 15:04. Reason: Trimmed the post within quotes for better readability. Thanks.
Old 27th April 2020, 19:09   #1630
Distinguished - BHPian

There must be other threads, maybe more appropriate to the model, but Gannu_1's thread is a modification bible for his GT TDI and will certainly provide project inspirations.
Old 24th May 2020, 23:29   #1631

Hello Everyone..
Great to cone across a maintenance thread of a Polo. Being fairly new to the group was eager to cone across something like this. I have few queries.
I have a Polo 1.2 MPI 2016 which is still with me.

Firstly the queries:

1. i would like to change the audio system to the new touchscreens available in the new models along-with reverse parking camera. Or Will it be good to go for aftermarket ones. I am looking out for touchscreen with apple car play capabilities and Bluetooth connectivity and do not give music as a priority. The ones in the car right now do the job when music is concerned.
2. The squeaky noises from the power windows? Will it be good to take it to the Authorised service centres or get is fixed outside from a reliable workshop.
3. What is the engine oil that is recommended for an oil change? Been using castrol so far.
4. I am contemplating repainting the car..?

And some issues:
1. Mileage: I know this depends on the driving styles however in the city I hardly rise above the 2k rpm mark, however all I get is 7-8 with the AC on and 9-10 without the AC?
The service centre too has no solution to this after the having driven the car themselves.
Old 31st May 2020, 15:21   #1632

I got the 7th service of my Polo 1.5 TDI done a couple of days back at VW Kannur. This is the first time I’m doing a routine service by completing a year and not by completing 15,000 kms. The odo now stands at 102,000 kms.

The experience at VW Kannur was fantastic (it was my first time here). This is by far the most transparent VW service centre I have ever been to. I have previously visited service centres at Mangalore, Calicut, Trivandrum, Pune and Lucknow. Here, I could freely go to the service bay and watch my car being serviced. Nobody shooed me away like I have experienced in other service centres. My SA Mr. Athul was very knowledgable and accommodating. He agreed to remove the usual gimmicks like AC disinfection, brake cleaning etc. from the service job list without much fuss.

I noticed that VW is now using a new OEM engine oil called ‘Special D’. I think they have done away with Castrol Magnatec and Edge Professional.

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-003f5ffe65de4d9ab8e7b8e9bc38aeb6.jpeg

They are also doing mandatory sanitisation of all vehicles coming for service for which they are charging Rs. 700. This is done at the end of the service after wash. Here’s how:

ayazhajimalang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 17:52   #1633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayazhajimalang View Post
I noticed that VW is now using a new OEM engine oil called ‘Special D’. I think they have done away with Castrol Magnatec and Edge Professional.

Attachment 2012261
Does the bottle bear resemblance with this one?

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-images1.jpeg
Gannu_1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 18:05   #1634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Does the bottle bear resemblance with this one?
Ah, so it most probably is a re-branded Helix Ultra. I remember the SA saying that they now use some new oil from Shell, when I asked which oil they were using. I had asked if it was Helix and he had no clear idea. Later I saw the ‘Special D’ bottle and thought the SA might have been mistaken.
Old 1st June 2020, 16:36   #1635
BHPian

Update:

Looks like the ignition starter switch was faulty.
Called up VW sahibabad, they sent the team, swapped the piece and we are back on the road!

Here is the culprit.

VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts-img_20200601_1622582.jpg
adamkathy23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks