Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:33   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Akshay & Raj,

I love this discussion. This reminds me of a typical TV interview. Akshay, keep going buddy-Your car is one awesome ride.
he is really worried about his car. he is one of the owners who will pamper his car like a baby.

@ akshay: not ridiculing you buddy, its a good thing.

Quote:
Raj, you are the most responsive Scorpio owner on this board who really takes all the time to revert with relevant answers. APPRECIATE THAT!!

Next time when I am in Mumbai, looking forward to meeting you.
thanks buddy. and even i would want to meet you. cheers.
Old 4th June 2010, 14:46   #1367
BHPian

One question, does anyone purchased the seat covers from M&M. Do they worth buying or should I go for after market ones?. I am planning to purchase the seat covers for my Sle.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Shiva
Old 4th June 2010, 16:13   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivapsreddy View Post
One question, does anyone purchased the seat covers from M&M. Do they worth buying or should I go for after market ones?. I am planning to purchase the seat covers for my Sle.

Shiva
Unless its stanley don't go for it , AFAIK Stanley here is tied up with a India Garage. Which place are you from , I for sure know they don't sell Scorp' SLE's in Nuremberg .
I say go and look around in the market you will find a lot of cheaper options.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 4th June 2010 at 16:14.
Old 4th June 2010, 16:23   #1369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Unless its stanley don't go for it , AFAIK Stanley here is tied up with a India Garage. Which place are you from , I for sure know they don't sell Scorp' SLE's in Nuremberg .
I say go and look around in the market you will find a lot of cheaper options.
I have seen Scorpio seat covers along with seat covers for other vehicles in Reliance Automart here near HSR layout.
I guess the price range was in 3K range for SX4 seat covers. So guess scorpios may come in some 4- 4.5K range.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:09   #1370
BHPian

I am in Germany now and the vehicle is in AP(Cuddapah). The seat covers I am talking about are the one available in the scorpio website(::::: MAHINDRA SCORPIO :::::#). I think scorpio is available in some EU coutries. The price quoted is 5k. As I have not seen the covers by myself I would like to get your openion.
Old 4th June 2010, 20:01   #1371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in Germany now and the vehicle is in AP(Cuddapah). The seat covers I am talking about are the one available in the scorpio website(::::: MAHINDRA SCORPIO :::::#). I think scorpio is available in some EU coutries. The price quoted is 5k. As I have not seen the covers by myself I would like to get your openion.
shiva I don't know how good those covers are.I could prolly check at a M&M showroom over the weekend and let you know.

BTW they do sell scorp's in Europe in the follow countries Italy, France and Spain.
Old 4th June 2010, 20:31   #1372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Shiva
Shiva:

Please don't buy the Mahindra OEM seat covers. I got the Mahindra OEM Seat covers free, so ended up installing them. The fit around the main seat and back rest are acceptable, but the fit around the headrests are very poor and it looks like a really patchy stitching job. I actually got mine installed at one of the good leather seat installers in chennai but he couldn't do much about it since the cover is already cut and stitched by the vendor who provides to OEM.

Please go to a good aftermarket place and buy them, not the OEM Mahindra ones.
Old 4th June 2010, 22:26   #1373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Shiva:

Please don't buy the Mahindra OEM seat covers. I got the Mahindra OEM Seat covers free, so ended up installing them. The fit around the main seat and back rest are acceptable, but the fit around the headrests are very poor and it looks like a really patchy stitching job. I actually got mine installed at one of the good leather seat installers in chennai but he couldn't do much about it since the cover is already cut and stitched by the vendor who provides to OEM.

Nice information. Must be outsourced by M&M to some small scale industry. Guess they may be offering these free to buyers.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:21   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Shiva:

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will not take these from M&M.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:53   #1375
Senior - BHPian

While on my drive to Pune (Bombay-Pune-Bombay) yesterday, the power steering belt broke. I felt the symptoms of something being wrong when I reached Pune in the morning - vibration in the steering wheel when I turned it at standstill - which I initially suspected to be a tie rod end/ link rod problem (my suspension is overdue for overhaul, all worn out, in dangerous condition). While on the drive back to Bombay, the power steering conked off. But happily, the Scorpio without power steering is not difficult to drive at highway speeds but impossible to manouevre in parking mode. The belt was broken, looked like the top cloth backed layer had sheared off, but on examination it looked like it had taken a cut. Otherwise, the belt did not look aged. It is suspected that some stone or sharp object must have abrased it - since my sump guard is not there - that got torn away and M&M does not have a replacement in stock ever - it looks like something must have hit the belt and damaged it, resulting in the breakage. Anyway, my experience with M&M was good, the helpline guy from my local dealer (GG, Thane) reaching within the hour to fix a new power steering belt.
Old 7th June 2010, 12:00   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
- since my sump guard is not there - that got torn away and M&M does not have a replacement in stock ever - .
With your kind of travels I think it would be prudent for you to get one fabricated using checkered aluminum sheets
Old 7th June 2010, 12:16   #1377
BHPian

Strange case of Water collecting in the right side of M Hawk

All ,

I have a strange problem of water getting collected in some right side part of the car . When i go in slow speeds on the road hump , i can hear water moving around some part of the car . I had passed my car for 2 service and this was rectified . Now this problem resurfaced once we had heavy rains in Bangalore . Has any one found this problem in any of the other M Hawks ? Mine is Nov 11 2009 Model
Old 7th June 2010, 13:21   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post

All ,

I have a strange problem of water getting collected in some right side part of the car . When i go in slow speeds on the road hump , i can hear water moving around some part of the car . I had passed my car for 2 service and this was rectified . Now this problem resurfaced once we had heavy rains in Bangalore . Has any one found this problem in any of the other M Hawks ? Mine is Nov 11 2009 Model
Was that from the fuel tank by any chance? You said right side, so probably not? I'vent noticed something like this ever, but I don't see a way water can get inside an reside for long.
Old 7th June 2010, 13:34   #1379
Senior - BHPian

water collecting in mHawk? not experienced in my car till now.
Old 7th June 2010, 13:35   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post

All ,

Water inside the tail light?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks