Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 12:51   #1336
Senior - BHPian

I am not able to operate the Valet switch
i guess its the second switch or the right one inside the Glove,is it?
I press it,hold it there,nothing happens.

Only thing i want to enable is auto locking and auto unlocking of the doors.
Old 25th May 2010, 13:27   #1337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
to activate & de-activate various options like auto door locking, impact sensors, etc. PM me your mail id & i will send you the nippon manual.
Why don't you put it up as an attachment here and maybe it can save you time of sending emails to everyone coz even I need the nippon manual .
Old 25th May 2010, 15:08   #1338
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio does have a design flaw, i don't know if this was with first generation Scorpio too. The Scorpio throws all the water on the road at water logged roads on the car especially on the windscreen, I drive a pre-facelift VLX.

I have never ever seen any other vehicle which throws all the water on itself instead of splashing in sideways.
Old 25th May 2010, 15:30   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Mahindra Scorpio does have a design flaw, i don't know if this was with first generation Scorpio too. The Scorpio throws all the water on the road at water logged roads on the car especially on the windscreen, I drive a pre-facelift VLX.

I have never ever seen any other vehicle which throws all the water on itself instead of splashing in sideways.
anshuman I think this was already discussed on the same thread the question was from fellow member mooza. Just dig a few pages back, apparently this is the same design flaw present with the TATA Sumo's too.

Even the rain water from the roof flows straight down onto the front windshield. The grooves on the roof directs water onto the front windshield, wonder why M&M never thought about this.
Old 25th May 2010, 15:41   #1340
BHPian

Can somebody confirm that is there any issue going on in the M&M Scorpio assembly line?
I had booked a VLX 2WD AT on 23rd April this year, the dealer isn't confirming a delivery date.

On escalating this to some contacts higher up (thanks to SS-Traveller), the person responsible for Delhi Sales insists that there are some QC issues in the assembly line and production of Scorpio AT's shall start only by 15 June.

Anybody? Someone from M&M maybe?
Old 25th May 2010, 16:03   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
anshuman I think this was already discussed on the same thread the question was from fellow member mooza. Just dig a few pages back, apparently this is the same design flaw present with the TATA Sumo's too.

Even the rain water from the roof flows straight down onto the front windshield. The grooves on the roof directs water onto the front windshield, wonder why M&M never thought about this.
That's the first time I've heard about this particular flaw, though I must admit I've seen it happen.

However, I've been driving the Xylo for a year now, and I can confirm that M&M have corrected this flaw, and the the Xylo splashes water on pedestrians just like other cars!
Old 25th May 2010, 17:25   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Why don't you put it up as an attachment here and maybe it can save you time of sending emails to everyone coz even I need the nippon manual .
so that it becomes available to one & all, including thieves!

PM me your mail id, i have lots of time!
Old 26th May 2010, 21:59   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Guys with Scorpio Refresh please help.
I am unable to program the Immobilizer\Central Locking.
Where is the Valet Switch Located?
The one in the glove box doesnot work?
All i need is that doors should lock automatically when it moves,and unlock when i turn it off.

What is the function of option button on the Remote,its use hasn't been mentioned in the manual even.
Old 26th May 2010, 23:16   #1344
BHPian

Guys I noticed today that when I put the A/C on theres a hissing sound at regular intervals. I normally use the low cool switch and keep the blower speed to 2. This is enough to chill the cabin. Normally you just hear the constant "whoosh" of the blower. But today I noiced that in addition to the constant "whoosh" there are periodic hissing sounds.

Each hiss lasts 2-4 seconds and is barely audible when the car is running. It's not a very high pitched hiss but a more of a medium pitched hiss that kinda sounds like a tyre being deflated. The sound appears to come from the a/c vents. Any idea what this could be?

Last edited by Wolfheart : 26th May 2010 at 23:22.
Old 27th May 2010, 08:38   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Guys with Scorpio Refresh please help.
I am unable to program the Immobilizer\Central Locking.
Where is the Valet Switch Located?
The one in the glove box doesnot work?
All i need is that doors should lock automatically when it moves,and unlock when i turn it off.

What is the function of option button on the Remote,its use hasn't been mentioned in the manual even.
i guess you should write to mahindra & ask them if this is possible in the refresh mHawk.

did you get a DVD along with your car?
Old 27th May 2010, 09:10   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i guess you should write to mahindra & ask them if this is possible in the refresh mHawk.

did you get a DVD along with your car?
No,I didnt get the DVD,A.S.S guys said it comes only with VLX
Even the Manual i got is for VLX not SLE

Last edited by akshay4587 : 27th May 2010 at 09:12.
Old 27th May 2010, 09:20   #1347
Senior - BHPian

okay, give some time. let me search for the DVD & lets see if i can find valet switch location.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:42   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Guys I noticed today that when I put the A/C on theres a hissing sound at regular intervals. I normally use the low cool switch and keep the blower speed to 2. This is enough to chill the cabin. Normally you just hear the constant "whoosh" of the blower. But today I noiced that in addition to the constant "whoosh" there are periodic hissing sounds.

Each hiss lasts 2-4 seconds and is barely audible when the car is running. It's not a very high pitched hiss but a more of a medium pitched hiss that kinda sounds like a tyre being deflated. The sound appears to come from the a/c vents. Any idea what this could be?
Today the hissing continued for about a minute even after I turned the car off. It sounds like some kind of gas being released. I also felt a drop of water on my left foot while driving. I'm going to take the care to th ASC but would like to get a general idea as to how severe the problem is. If any of you have an idea i would appreciate your response. I want to go prepared to the ASC since they're a bunch of rip offs.

Thanks.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:38   #1349
BHPian

Slightly OT:
1. Has any one tried to conver the AC to automatic climate control?.
2. Has anyone tried to change the rear drum breaks to disk breaks?

Will these changes possible?
Old 27th May 2010, 17:01   #1350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivapsreddy View Post
Slightly OT:
1. Has any one tried to conver the AC to automatic climate control?.
I doubt if the ECU would support this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivapsreddy View Post
2. Has anyone tried to change the rear drum breaks to disk breaks?
Will these changes possible?
Should be possible, check with Pete's he might have something available for the scorp'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks