Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:46   #946
Senior - BHPian

in my mHawk, the spray comes first followed by the wiper though there is no significant delay as such.
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:03   #947
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
I notice that there is no interval between the spray and the wipe when used. Though the manual says that there will be a interval to ensure that the wiper is not used on a dry windshield. The wiper takes a swipe as soon as the lever is pulled. Can anyone confirm this is an anomaly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
in my mHawk, the spray comes first followed by the wiper though there is no significant delay as such.
It doesnt make a difference. The wiper blade will still run on half the windshield which will be dry and create streaks.

If you see a lot of the new cars (beat included) the spray has a wider circumference, rather than a point and shoot method employed by our crude scorpio.

I wonder if there's a way to change that nozzle to make it wider.
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:13   #948
Senior - BHPian

in the innova, there are two sprays, each having two nozzles- one aim at the lower part of the windshield & the other at the upper part. this it covers the entire windshield through 4 nozzles. but that is a requirement in the innova since the windshield is so huge!

in the scorpio, there is only one spray having 2 nozzles, so that is where the problem is.
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:18   #949
BHPian

On the Indica, (two sprays with two nozzles each again) it was possible to quickly engage and release the lever in such a manner that only the spray works for two or three operations. This ensures at least the wiper is wet before it operates! If done carefully, you can minimize dry operation to a very good extent.

This is impossible on the Scorpio. Does anyone know if it is possible to introduce this delay

Last edited by triedeverything : 3rd February 2010 at 09:21.
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:27   #950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
On the Indica, (two sprays with two nozzles each again) it was possible to quickly engage and release the lever in such a manner that only the spray works for two or three operations. This ensures at least the wiper is wet before it operates! If done carefully, you can minimize dry operation to a very good extent.

This is impossible on the Scorpio. Does anyone know if it is possible to introduce this delay
Get out, Fold the wiper blades outward, get in, spray, get out,fold them back in.
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:48   #951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I did a replacement of my engine foundations today for my Scorpio (84K on the odo), the results are very good indeed. Vibrations have come down by over 50%.
A month after this job, some vibrations are creeping back. Do I need to re-tighten the foundations? Wish I could do this myself, if I knew how to access the mounts.
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:30   #952
Senior - BHPian

In my Scorpio GLx of 2004, the wiper also starts immediately as the spray starts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:49   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Get out, Fold the wiper blades outward, get in, spray, get out,fold them back in.
Ha ha ha... good try buddy!
But if you read the question again, I've asked to do something specific, and not asked for an alternative. Also, I need to wet the wipers as much as possible before the first swipe. Not happening.
Old 3rd February 2010, 21:15   #954
Distinguished - BHPian

After the second service the rear right power window of my 2009 Scorpio has conked off and does not respond to the PW switch.I will take it to the A.S.S. soon.What could be the cause?Was it the water spray that could have played the spoilsport?
Old 4th February 2010, 00:08   #955
BHPian

Must just be a connection issue, while they had doors checked. You should be able to get it done in couple of minutes with the A.S.S.
Old 4th February 2010, 15:52   #956
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Was it the water spray that could have played the spoilsport?
Generally power window motors do not get easily spoilt by water spray because they are made like that.
Press the switch and listen for a humming sound when you put your ears against the door. If it is humming, then the motor is ok and it has probably skipped the gear which pushes the window up. If you dont hear any sound at all then you need to get the switch and the wiring checked.
In all likelyhood, it is just an issue of a broken or a loose wire somewhere.
Old 4th February 2010, 16:02   #957
BHPian

quick question: before starting, i see the low oil pressure and battery indicator on and they goes off ones i start the vehicle. is that normal?
Old 4th February 2010, 16:12   #958
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
quick question: before starting, i see the low oil pressure and battery indicator on and they goes off ones i start the vehicle. is that normal?
Perfectly normal if your car is normal....
Old 5th February 2010, 23:10   #959
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely normal. Happens in every car and has been so from ages. Right from Landmaster to the Mercs of today..

Quote:
Old 6th February 2010, 09:00   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes klassics45, it is normal.
In fact, the indicator coming on in the beginning tells you that your low oil pressure indicator system is well wired, healthy and working. You must worry only if the indicator does not go off even after you have started the vehicle, which is a situation that will need looking into, if that happens.

Last edited by mooza : 6th February 2010 at 09:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks