Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 17:35   #931
Senior - BHPian

An old saying - a picture is worth thousand words..

Should've created a concave area around the drilled holes. That would've created a seat and the Hellas would have been properly mounted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
I recently got Hella foglamps installed on my bull guard. GD Sir its in the same fashion as your Scorpio. I got holes drilled in the bull guard pipe.

The problem is that the lights vibrate and the light throw is shaky during idle. Any solution?
Old 20th January 2010, 23:21   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Hi Guys,

I am getting this starting problem in my 2005 non-CRDe scorpio for the last few days. When I turn on the key to Ignition position, I see no indication LEDs in the dashboard - Brake Oil, handbrake etc & then when I crank the engine nothing happens. I do this a couple of times & then out of blue everything seems normal - the LEDs are back ON, the engine roars to life.

This happens arbitrarily - no pattern what so ever.

Has any one faced such issues ever in their scorpio. Any solutions?
My car refused to start in the morning today. It was working absolutely fine until last night when I came back from office at around 9PM. In the morning, on turning the key to ignition, I could see the usual LEDs but when I cranked the engine, it just refused to start. Even a longer duration crank did not inject any life. I tried to pump out air from the fuel line & tried again. No luck.
Really don't know what happened over night. Please throw some light on what possibility could be the reasons.
Old 21st January 2010, 01:02   #933
Senior - BHPian

When was the oil filter last changed?
Old 21st January 2010, 08:37   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
When was the oil filter last changed?
About a month back .... in fact it was serviced
Old 21st January 2010, 09:53   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car refused to start in the morning today. It was working absolutely fine until last night when I came back from office at around 9PM. In the morning, on turning the key to ignition, I could see the usual LEDs but when I cranked the engine, it just refused to start. Even a longer duration crank did not inject any life. I tried to pump out air from the fuel line & tried again. No luck.
Really don't know what happened over night. Please throw some light on what possibility could be the reasons.
Check and clean terminals of battery with emery paper and tighten them.
If problem persists then get your alternator and battery checked.
Old 21st January 2010, 10:06   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I don't think there is any problem with the battery. Had it been there, the self wouldn't have worked at all or for the longer period that I was cranking it. I think there is an issue with the fuel system somewhere & I can't pin it down.
Old 21st January 2010, 10:13   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think there is any problem with the battery. Had it been there, the self wouldn't have worked at all or for the longer period that I was cranking it. I think there is an issue with the fuel system somewhere & I can't pin it down.
But you wrote earlier "When I turn on the key to Ignition position, I see no indication LEDs in the dashboard - Brake Oil, handbrake etc & then when I crank the engine nothing happens. I do this a couple of times & then out of blue everything seems normal - the LEDs are back ON, the engine roars to life."
So I suggested
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Old 21st January 2010, 10:36   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
About a month back .... in fact it was serviced
Quote:
I do not understand how the oil filter is related to this. Are you referring to the fuel filter?
I too suspect your fuel system. I suspect the fuel filter is clogged. When you check your service report, you may find that the SS may not have actually replaced your fuel filter during the servicing. Once you get this replaced, things may be fine.
On the other hand, it could be the issue of starting the engine in low winter temperatures, where the engine asks for a longer crank. My Scorpio needed a longer than usual crank last week.

Could you start the vehicle today?
Old 21st January 2010, 11:41   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I do not understand how the oil filter is related to this. Are you referring to the fuel filter?
I too suspect your fuel system. I suspect the fuel filter is clogged. When you check your service report, you may find that the SS may not have actually replaced your fuel filter during the servicing. Once you get this replaced, things may be fine.
On the other hand, it could be the issue of starting the engine in low winter temperatures, where the engine asks for a longer crank. My Scorpio needed a longer than usual crank last week.

Could you start the vehicle today?
I did it yesterday morning & evening, but it didn't.

It could be the fuel filter or maybe the diesel pump. I am also suspecting the Minda security system which might be malfunctioning & possibly cutting off the fuel supply to the engine.

I am going to get it done on this saturday but really need some inputs here so that the mechanic does not take me for a ride.
Old 23rd January 2010, 22:05   #940
BHPian

Belt Squeaking

Hey Guys,

For the past two days when i ignite the engine in the morning, there is squeaking sound from the belt for about 3-4 second and then it goes off.
This has happened both today and yesterday mornings.

So, Suggest. Pour in your thoughts.
Old 23rd January 2010, 22:11   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chandru View Post
Hey Guys,

For the past two days when i ignite the engine in the morning, there is squeaking sound from the belt for about 3-4 second and then it goes off.
This has happened both today and yesterday mornings.

So, Suggest. Pour in your thoughts.
Belt is loose. Attend to it immediately, should take you under 10 minutes.
Old 23rd January 2010, 22:21   #942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chandru View Post
...squeaking sound from the belt for about 3-4 second and then it goes off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Belt is loose. Attend to it immediately, should take you under 10 minutes.
Absolutely - a loose drive belt. Easily tightened from the adjuster beside the alternator - must do it ASAP. If you need to go to the A.S.S for this, you can try pouring some soapy water on the belt till that time, to keep the squeaking away. Definitely no oil/grease please.
Old 25th January 2010, 17:53   #943
BHPian

Quote:
I did it yesterday morning & evening, but it didn't.

It could be the fuel filter or maybe the diesel pump. I am also suspecting the Minda security system which might be malfunctioning & possibly cutting off the fuel supply to the engine.

I am going to get it done on this saturday but really need some inputs here so that the mechanic does not take me for a ride.
Guys, the update on this issue is that indeed it was the security system which was malfunctioning. It was cutting off the current supply to the fuel pump even after the system was disarmed . Got this rectified by the Minda guys, finally.
Old 26th January 2010, 09:01   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The problem is that the lights vibrate and the light throw is shaky during idle. Any solution?
Guys, when you mount the Hella's on any iron surface, please also have some rubber padded to the mountings. This will avoid vibration and also I had one light's casing broken because of these vibrations.
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:39   #945
BHPian

I notice that there is no interval between the spray and the wipe when used. Though the manual says that there will be a interval to ensure that the wiper is not used on a dry windshield. The wiper takes a swipe as soon as the lever is pulled. Can anyone confirm this is an anomaly?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks