Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 12:20   #526

Replacement of Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ shankarcv: buddy, what kiren said is right. how did you manage to get a discontinued model? did you volunatarily accept the older model? if yes, then it maybe a lemon or may have been lying idle in the stockyard for months.

whatever be the case, demand replacement. dont leave them like this. as far as i have heard, mahindra A.S.S is poor but their customer service helpline is good. try your luck...
I have already had couple of meeting with the dealership as well as the M&M Sales guys. I have asked for a replacement as the clutch failed for the 6th time last Thursday. I guess it is not the Master cylinder or the sleeve cylinder which is causing the clutch to fail. There is something more which is ailing the vehicle. I guess it is already showing signs of aging.
Old 11th September 2009, 20:08   #527
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i am facing a strange problem with my scorpio. this started many days back, but these days it is more consistent.

the problem is that these days, the ABS light blinks whenever it feels like! i mean, when i start the car, the ABS light comes & goes as normal but whilst driving, sometimes it automatically turns on. this does not happen everyday but i have noticed (rather i have a feeling) that the light glows when the car suddenly accelerates/jerks or under heavy braking. on two occasions, by mistake i drove over a large pothole at high speeds & on both occasions the light blinked.

today i drove over a speedbreaker a bit fast (but not so fast that the vehicle bounced or the wheel jerked) & again the ABS light surfaced. so i took a few pics.

i have already shown this issue to the mahindra A.S.S a month back. they checked everything & claimed that everything is fine!

there is no problem with the braking of the vehicle though.

what could be the issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-110920091040.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-110920091042.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-110920091043.jpg  

Last edited by raj_5004 : 11th September 2009 at 20:25.
Old 11th September 2009, 21:22   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...the ABS light blinks whenever it feels like!
Likely causes are:
  1. An electrical connection to a sensor or the main controlling unit inside the bonnet is loose or corroded. Easy to correct, you can unplug each of the connections at the wheels and at the controlling unit, clean them up, and reinsert.
  2. One of the wheel sensors has dirt on it, or has failed. This should show up as a fault code on computer.
  3. Moisture/water got into the electrical connections. Clean them.
  4. A broken wire somewhere in the electrical circuit. Would be bothersome to identify.
Incidentally, did you drive your car in water recently?

Try to replicate the light going on with a technician with you in the car, and run the diagnostics immediately it happens.
Old 11th September 2009, 21:27   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Incidentally, did you drive your car in water recently?

Try to replicate the light going on with a technician with you in the car, and run the diagnostics immediately it happens.
thanks for the help buddy.

that said, my car has been in knee foot deep water on many occasions due to mumbai rains.

why? you mean point No. 3 could be the issue?
Old 11th September 2009, 21:35   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thanks for the help buddy.

that said, my car has been in knee foot deep water on many occasions due to mumbai rains.

why? you mean point No. 3 could be the issue?
You're welcome.

Yes - to confirm if the sensors got drowned in water at some point of time recently.
Old 11th September 2009, 23:11   #531
Team-BHP Support

Is the ABS light different from the hand brake light ? If yes, which one would glow if you have low levels of brake oil ?
Old 11th September 2009, 23:28   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Is the ABS light different from the hand brake light ? If yes, which one would glow if you have low levels of brake oil ?
They are usually different - this
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-060320_warninglightspr_2_small.jpg
tells you if the handbrake is on, if the brake fluid level is low, and sometimes, if the car has brake wear indication sensors, if you need to change your brake pads. This one glowing may mean that your brakes may have failed or your handbrake is up.

And this
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-abs.jpg
monitors the status of the ABS system. Even if it glows, the hydraulics will continue to work and you can stop the car - albeit without the benefit of ABS.
Old 12th September 2009, 00:51   #533
Team-BHP Support

Yes sir, they are different in my Swift. Just wanted to confirm whether its the same in Scorpio.
Old 12th September 2009, 08:56   #534
Senior - BHPian

@ Eddy: yes buddy, they are different in the scorpio too. the scorpio has two symbols for the brake, one is (!) & other is a (P). (!) indicates brake problems while (P) indicates parking brake is engaged.

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-110920091040.jpg

@ SS-Traveller: in my case, only the ABS light blinks. so i assume the brakers are okay.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 12th September 2009 at 09:01.
Old 12th September 2009, 10:14   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ SS-Traveller: in my case, only the ABS light blinks. so i assume the brakers are okay.
Yes, your hydraulics are fine. (And your handbrake is off too!)
Old 12th September 2009, 12:24   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
today i drove over a speedbreaker a bit fast (but not so fast that the vehicle bounced or the wheel jerked) & again the ABS light surfaced. so i took a few pics.

i have already shown this issue to the mahindra A.S.S a month back. they checked everything & claimed that everything is fine!
Raj, as I'd mentioned earlier on this thread, the issue is with one of the ABS sensors.

Ask them to run a Diagnostic scan (if M&M has one) & then take appropriate action (clean or replace) with the one that shows up an error code.

The symptoms are exactly those of a faulty/dirty ABS sensor.

Last edited by suman : 12th September 2009 at 12:33.
Old 12th September 2009, 12:32   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Raj, as I'd mentioned earlier (was it on your ownership thread or this one?), the issue is with one of the ABS sensors...
It was on your Leh trip travelogue, where this issue came up when you did some jumps due to road dips.

This looks more like a faulty sensor to me, especially since it is blinking intermittently.

But Raj, did you do a test of the ABS? Clear road, no traffic, jam the brakes; a suggestion just to make sure ABS is working.

Regardless, a diagnostic at the service center is best.
Old 12th September 2009, 12:35   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
It was on your Leh trip travelogue, where this issue came up when you did some jumps due to road dips.
That apart, it was on this very thread that Raj had asked at the end of July & I'd told him - I think the Service center subsequently told him that everything was fine (without carrying out the diagnostic scan).
Old 12th September 2009, 12:53   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Raj, as I'd mentioned earlier on this thread, the issue is with one of the ABS sensors.
Ask them to run a Diagnostic scan (if M&M has one)
One more confirmation of my diagnosis!
Quote:
... or a loose electrical connection.
Old 12th September 2009, 15:34   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Yes, your hydraulics are fine. (And your handbrake is off too!)
sorry, i dint get the meaning of the part marked in bold.

Quote:

Ask them to run a Diagnostic scan (if M&M has one) & then take appropriate action (clean or replace) with the one that shows up an error code.

the last time i asked the A.S.S to check the sensors, they informed me that they checked everything & found it to be normal. unfortunately, i could not stay there & so i dont know whether they attempted a diagnostic scan.

if not, i'll get it done this time. they do have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

This looks more like a faulty sensor to me, especially since it is blinking intermittently.

But Raj, did you do a test of the ABS? Clear road, no traffic, jam the brakes; a suggestion just to make sure ABS is working.

Regardless, a diagnostic at the service center is best.
yes, i did a brake test from speed of 50 kmph & everything seems normal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks