Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 15:14   #496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi

I am extremely happy to write this mail about the “Exceptional Customer Service” from M&M dealer at Hyderabad- AML!!

... Sandeep then came at 1am on 15th August and delivered my car along with Mr.Chandrasekhar(helpline mechanic) and Mr.Venkatesh(helpline driver)!! They infact, wished me a HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!! Truly!...
GetSurya,

That was one heck of a way to address a customer complaint, even though the next day was a holiday!

What can be said, except (and a few more) to all those involved!

These guys are a very rare breed! Good that you have them for your support!
Old 19th August 2009, 15:25   #497

Issue with Clutch and Uneveen Tyre wearout

Dear Friends,

I have been a proud and happy owner of Scorpio for 5 years now (Aug 2004 TC4 SLX). Though 5 years old, my vehicle had done only 38,7500 odd kilometers as my regular running is around 30KMs a day. I have taken good care care of the vehicle and got it serviced only at service stations at M&M dealership. I had a trouble free ownership experience with the vehicle for more than four years.

However, two issues with the vehicle, observed in last 6 months, is troubling me a lot. Even with repeated attemtpts to resolve the issue by the service station it keeps cropping-up

The issues are
1. Clutch being hard after some usage (running) and clutch lever not getting back to the original poition after application (depress)

The service station adviced me to get the clutch assembly replaced to get rid of the hardness and clutch lever problem and I did so (costed me Rs.12500+). However, the issue has resurfaced even with the new clutch assembly. Please advise on what could be the real problem and how to get it resolved. I can send you snaps/more information if needed in this regard.

2. Tyre screatching sound and uneven wearout while going up / coming down a ramp

My office parking is a multilevel one and everyday I have to deal with the tyre screatching sound and wearout on the outer edges of front and rear tyres. Wheel balancing was done twice to rectify this problem but it continues to happen. Would seek your expert opinion on what I should do to resolve this as well.

Thank you very much and look forward for your suggestions.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:03   #498
Senior - BHPian

talking about good service, i got a call from mahindra today.

the lady on the line said she wanted to know my e-mail id as mahindra wants to improve their customer service. i have no idea how they can improve their service with e-mail ids, maybe they will sent mails about new schemes/plans/service options, send reminders about approaching service dates, take feedbacks etc. all this is fine but what really matters is how we are treated by the staff at the ASC & i hope mahindra concentrates more on that.

anyways, the lady was so sweetly asking my e-mail id that i could not deny!

@ sa_kl14: buddy, looks like the clutch return spring has gone hard. did they replace the spring when they changed the assembly? ideally, they should.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 19th August 2009 at 17:06.
Old 19th August 2009, 20:36   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
...yes I do engage the hand break whenever I park. However it hasn't happened for a while now.
This is a common problem during the rains. The moisture / salt in the air tends to make the liner stick. Possibly not repeated recently as its been sunny here in Mumbai last few days. Could also happen with the clutch liner if not used for an "extended" period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
...The hooting soound comes only when the Ac is on. I'll have them check the A/C expansion valve.
All the best!
Old 20th August 2009, 13:27   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kl14 View Post
...The service station adviced me to get the clutch assembly replaced to get rid of the hardness and clutch lever problem and I did so...
What all parts were included in the clutch assembly you refer to above?
Was it only the pressure and clutch plate or also the clutch cylinder/clutch cylinder kit?

Has the clutch return spring at the pedal been changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kl14 View Post
...2. Tyre screatching sound and uneven wearout while going up / coming down a ramp...
I presume the ramp requires a sharp and continuous turn on steering. Acceptable and common for the tryes to screech at full turn on a very smooth surface. But that little bit of driving is highly unlikely to cause your tyres to wear unevenly. Get your alignment checked at a place of repute. Get a new set after alignment if the wear is substantial. Alignment and tyre wear go hand in hand. Bad alignment cause uneven wear and screeching. Balancing does not cause the tyres to screech, unbalanced wheels will result in a wobble at specific road speeds.

All the best.

Last edited by Mohnish : 20th August 2009 at 13:29.
Old 20th August 2009, 13:33   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virkdoc View Post
Hi guys I have a scorpio CRDE Auust 2005, it was doing fantastic duty till now, but suddenly the average has dropped down to 8-9 kmpl, it belches white and black smoke, other than that there is no loss in power or anything else wrong with it, it has done 81,000kms......any advice?? when I accelerate hard the smoke is maximum
You probably need to get your diesel pump checked (possibly serviced), but before that add Diesel injector cleaner and replace your fuel line filters. BTW have you recently changed your fuel supplier?

Last edited by Mohnish : 20th August 2009 at 13:34.
Old 20th August 2009, 18:01   #502
BHPian

VLX Reversing display mirror advice.

Hi,

Thought I should share this with you'll. It applies to all Scorpios with the reversing sensors (parktronic) display in mirror (OEM). In my case the VLX.

The mirror glass tends to get loose in its frame and makes a rattle at certain rpms. You could get a bit of paper and pack it in between the frame and glass, then cut off the extra paper with a blade (carefully, so that you don't scratch the glass). Its a quick, cheap and DIY fix.
Old 20th August 2009, 18:06   #503
Senior - BHPian

interesting though it doesnt apply to me as I have the less expensive model and dont have these bells and whistles.
However, I wonder why M&M havent arrested this type of basic irritant - I mean when one pays in excess of 10 L for a car then these types of things ought not to be there in the first place, necessitating such innovations like you have outlined!

i can share that when driving on the highways or in the city I find the ORVM tend to shake/ vibrate quite a bit - even the inside RVM does - I can never get a clear pic of the vehicles behind me - and my own wish is to be able to read the number plate of the vehicle behind which I am completely unable to do on account of this vibration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
Hi,

Thought I should share this with you'll. It applies to all Scorpios with the reversing sensors (parktronic) display in mirror (OEM). In my case the VLX.

The mirror glass tends to get loose in its frame and makes a rattle at certain rpms. You could get a bit of paper and pack it in between the frame and glass, then cut off the extra paper with a blade (carefully, so that you don't scratch the glass). Its a quick, cheap and DIY fix.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 20th August 2009 at 18:09.
Old 20th August 2009, 18:10   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
...However, I wonder why M&M havent arrested this type of basic irritant...
Possibly the quality of plastic used...also, I wonder how many people really go back to the A.S.S. and complain of a mild rattle. It probably is one of the lesser evils M&M are dealing with!!!

Quote:
...i can share that when driving on the highways or in the city I find the ORVM tend to shake/ vibrate quite a bit - even the inside RVM does...
I found that happening on my previous non Crde 2005, but the M-Hawk is a lot smoother engine (more refined and more fussy!!!). I figure our roads do also contribute to the vibrations!!!

Last edited by Mohnish : 20th August 2009 at 18:14.
Old 20th August 2009, 18:12   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can never get a clear pic of the vehicles behind me - and my own wish is to be able to read the number plate of the vehicle behind which I am completely unable to do on account of this vibration!
Shankar, not a good idea, I think - looking at the mirror long enough to read the licence plate of the vehicle behind would mean that you are taking your eyes off the road ahead for quite a while.

In my opinion - time enough for disaster to happen.
Old 20th August 2009, 18:17   #506
Senior - BHPian

I understand you but I dont "peer into the mirror" and take my eyes off the road like that - I cant afford to do that or I might cause chaos -

however, when the car behind me is say about 10-12 metres behind I still cannot get a clear picture of its number plate.

even in city traffic, unless the car is really close - say some few feet away, Im unable to read its number plate.

nothing wrong with my eyes - but the mirrors tend to vibrate quite a bit.
I was ok with this in my Bolero but expected better from the Scorpio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Shankar, not a good idea, I think - looking at the mirror long enough to read the licence plate of the vehicle behind would mean that you are taking your eyes off the road ahead for quite a while.

In my opinion - time enough for disaster to happen.
Old 20th August 2009, 18:18   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i can share that when driving on the highways or in the city I find the ORVM tend to shake/ vibrate quite a bit - even the inside RVM does - I can never get a clear pic of the vehicles behind me - and my own wish is to be able to read the number plate of the vehicle behind which I am completely unable to do on account of this vibration!
On a lighter note even if they eliminate vibrations then also you can not read the number plate until you have that rare ability to read the mirror image.
Old 20th August 2009, 18:21   #508
Senior - BHPian

funnily enough I can read the reverse image perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
On a lighter note even if they eliminate vibrations then also you can not read the number plate until you have that rare ability to read the mirror image.
Old 20th August 2009, 19:10   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virkdoc View Post
average has dropped
white and black smoke
no loss in power or anything else wrong with it
when I accelerate hard the smoke is maximum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
You probably need to get your diesel pump checked (possibly serviced), but before that add Diesel injector cleaner and replace your fuel line filters. BTW have you recently changed your fuel supplier?
IMO a diesel pump problem will translate into a loss of power as well as starting problems, so also will injector blockage.

Since virkdoc reports no loss of power, just a drop in economy with smoke emission, the reason is likely to be a stuck-open EGR valve - this is making the fuel consumption go up as the electronics tries to compensate for the low-oxygen air with extra fuel. 80k km is a good time to take a look at the functioning of the EGRV.

Could also be due to spurious diesel. But that again will show up as loss of power.
Old 20th August 2009, 20:56   #510
Senior - BHPian

i dont face the rattling issue in my car's internal RVM but yes, it is present in the right ORVM. i think this is after one bike hit it at a speed. i believe this to be the reason as there is no vibration in the left ORVM.

Most Viewed