Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 21:55   #466
BHPian

Hi Anupji, no mine is a 2 wd. Now my options are limited, either 2 new jks in front making it all jk or two new yokos infront and two jks behind. What's your vote?
Old 29th July 2009, 08:54   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Prima facie it appears to me that there is a malfunction in the brake-boosters.
brake boosters... ok, will get them checked at the A.S.S. ASAP. Now, i feel i will have to opt for the extended warranty too.
Old 29th July 2009, 09:42   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekharlele View Post
Hi Anupji, no mine is a 2 wd. Now my options are limited, either 2 new jks in front making it all jk or two new yokos infront and two jks behind. What's your vote?
Yokos.
If you go for the JKs how will you ever get out of the loop of always having to use that disappointing tyre?

And I'd opt for the Yokos at the rear wheels.
Old 29th July 2009, 12:25   #469
BHPian

The tyre guy is hardselling the maxxis trepador with 4 year warranty for 6k, worth it?
Old 29th July 2009, 17:30   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Yokos.

And I'd opt for the Yokos at the rear wheels.

Shekharlele,

As you have a forced choice of not going for Yokos on all fours, Anupjis advise is best, go for Yokos at the rear wheels.

======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 29th July 2009 at 17:31.
Old 29th July 2009, 22:50   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekharlele View Post
The tyre guy is hardselling the maxxis trepador with 4 year warranty for 6k, worth it?
Maxxis Trepador - series? AT/HT/MT? I have seen the MT in action in a few 4WD offroading events and...I am pretty speechless.

For regular daily highway use, stick to Yoko's. For experimental offroading, Maxxis is great. But I am no tyre guru. Do visit the tyre thread on this forum for more professional pointers.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:33   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
today also, it happened followed by the 'ABS malfunction' light continously glowing. BUT, when i switched off the car & re-started it, the light went off & never came back.
what could be the cause?
Ask them to check out the ABS sensors on the wheels as well as the ABS unit itself. I saw on another thread that your car has been swimming around in the Mumbai waters - could lead to the sensors malfunctioning.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:05   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Ask them to check out the ABS sensors on the wheels as well as the ABS unit itself. I saw on another thread that your car has been swimming around in the Mumbai waters - could lead to the sensors malfunctioning.
right. i will get the entire brake assembly & ABS unit checked.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:57   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
right. i will get the entire brake assembly & ABS unit checked.
I think the Brake assembly is OK - the pulsing indicates that it is the ABS only. Let me know the final outcome, I think the wheel sensor(s) may be the culprit. During my Leh trip, one of the sensors got damaged (due to car flying through the air on four or five occasions & landing on tarmac) so the light would come on. Laptop indicated sensor damage, problem was resolved when they replaced the sensor.
Old 30th July 2009, 15:55   #475
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I drive an October 2008 Scorpio Vlx M Hawk and have a few minor issues. I would really appreciate your opinions before reporting the problems to the ASC who are sometimes quite dishonest.

1. A few times after starting the car in the mornings (car is usually parked in reverse gear) when I try to back out of my parking space and released the clutch while in reverse the car wouldnt move for about 2 seconds and after a loud knock and jerk finally moved. I seemed that there was a stone or obstruction under the rear wheel however there was nothing there. It seemd that the gear did not engage properly. This happened about 3 times always after starting the car in th mornings.

2. when I apply brakes to slow down there is a squeaking sound. This started afyter the 2nd service where they supposedly cleaned the brakes.

3. Sometimes there is a mysterious sound like a hoow or a whistle whic sonds liek a wiper rubbing across a dry windshield. However it's not the wipers and the sound is a bit startling and quite funny when it happens.

Everything else is great and I just love the car, I feel it;'s worth every penny that I paid for it.
Old 30th July 2009, 18:36   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the Brake assembly is OK - the pulsing indicates that it is the ABS only. Let me know the final outcome, I think the wheel sensor(s) may be the culprit. During my Leh trip, one of the sensors got damaged (due to car flying through the air on four or five occasions & landing on tarmac) so the light would come on. Laptop indicated sensor damage, problem was resolved when they replaced the sensor.
sure, my car is visiting the A.S.S this saturday, would tell you the result then. however, in such situations, the techies in mahindra's A.S.S normally say "now the light is not blinking, so how can we help?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Hello everyone,

I drive an October 2008 Scorpio Vlx M Hawk and have a few minor issues. I would really appreciate your opinions before reporting the problems to the ASC who are sometimes quite dishonest.

1. A few times after starting the car in the mornings (car is usually parked in reverse gear) when I try to back out of my parking space and released the clutch while in reverse the car wouldnt move for about 2 seconds and after a loud knock and jerk finally moved. I seemed that there was a stone or obstruction under the rear wheel however there was nothing there. It seemd that the gear did not engage properly. This happened about 3 times always after starting the car in th mornings.

2. when I apply brakes to slow down there is a squeaking sound. This started afyter the 2nd service where they supposedly cleaned the brakes.

3. Sometimes there is a mysterious sound like a hoow or a whistle whic sonds liek a wiper rubbing across a dry windshield. However it's not the wipers and the sound is a bit startling and quite funny when it happens.

Everything else is great and I just love the car, I feel it;'s worth every penny that I paid for it.
1) no idea, sorry!

2) nothing extraordinary, has happened in my car too. whenever the mahindra A.S.S fiddles with any component in the car, it will lead to some or the other trouble. tell them to clean the brake discs thoroughly, problem will be solved.

3) i know what you are talking about, it happens in some mHawks. i had the same issue in my car too. ask the mahindra technicians to change the expansion valve of the AC.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 30th July 2009 at 18:37.
Old 30th July 2009, 21:19   #477
BHPian

So the Micro Hybrid Technology actually works.

http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/scorp...o%20Hybrid.pdf ...

It gives about 1kmpl improvement in the mileage which is fair. In the long run it will definitely help save fuel.
Old 31st July 2009, 13:37   #478
BHPian

Quote:

3) i know what you are talking about, it happens in some mHawks. i had the same issue in my car too. ask the mahindra technicians to change the expansion valve of the AC.
Thanks Raj! Did replacing the expansion valve solve the problem?
Old 31st July 2009, 17:40   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Thanks Raj! Did replacing the expansion valve solve the problem?
yes, it did. permanently.
Old 1st August 2009, 20:08   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the Brake assembly is OK - the pulsing indicates that it is the ABS only. Let me know the final outcome,
today my car went to the A.S.S:

list of problems:
1) ABS malfunction light blinked once.
2) fog light adjustment
3) throw of air from front AC vents was less, though cooling was adequate
4) handbrake adjustment.

result:
1) checked the whole assembly & sensors, did some tightening & passed everything as fine! lets see the outcome.
2) fog light adjustment done.
3) AC throw is good now.
4) handbrake adjustment done.

car reached A.S.S by 9.30 am, trial run started by 9.50 am, ended by 10.05 am, job card made by 10.20 am, car delivered by 5.30 pm.

apart from the above issues, some check up & tightening of the suspension bolts was done. overall, service was fine. will have to wait a few days to know the outcome of the ABS issue.

charges: NIL.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 1st August 2009 at 20:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks