Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2024, 12:39   #4621
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
Car is in the service center now, I hope I don't get a big bill. Fingers crossed.
I do like to keep the points straight.

1. Let the team inspect the vehicle and hope we do not create imaginations of the worst case scenarios.

2. Also get a compression test for understanding of the gasket blow out. This shall provide us an overview of how bad the case can be.

3.Inspection of the coolant circuit including disassembling the water pump (bearing issue or damaged pump fan), thermostat (valve getting stuck) along with radiator disassembling and inspections for any blockages.

Looking forward to your update with respect to your case.
sameerpatel90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 14:40   #4622
BHPian

Team, Need your suggestions here. This is more of a proactive step, rather than a issue.

I own a 2012 Scorpio LX 4WD, which has now completed 1,76,000 KMS and still going good. I have serviced it regularly, initially at ASC and now at FNG.
I intend to keep this with me forever and have done some modifications to suit my interests.
  1. All Black exteriors inculding wheels and side step
  2. Webasto sunroof for my daughter. Installed at JC road, Bangalore. Neatly done, no issues in about 2 years of usage.
  3. Dieseltronic ECU from RD for enhanced power and better mileage
  4. 9 inch Android player
  5. Steering mounted audio buttons
  6. Dashcam
  7. Full body damping (except wheel arches and roof)
  8. Headlights upgraded to 100/130 with relay
  9. Changed tyres to the new Bridgestone Dueler AT 002

The Scorpio runs very good, buttery smooth with the new tyres and with all windows up, the external cacaphony is very much controlled.
The Dieseltronic is the king of the modifications, it gives ample power to outrun the modern day SUVs and all the while returning an impressive mileage. In city traffic, i am in Stock or Economy map depending on traffic and i get a mileage of 12.6, on Highways P1 mode returns 13+. All these were about 1.5 to 2 KMPL lesser before Dieseltronic.

This is my one and only car, i use it Bangalore city and outstation drives. I have already driven this car to Ladakh and intend to do it again along with other destinations across India.
As i intend to keep it, what kind of maintainence needs to done? The FNG does the routine checks : Engine oil, brake pads, coolant....
Recently, one of the brake pipes was damaged resulting in complete drainage of brake oil and causing brakes to fail completely. Fortunately, i was near my home and could navigate to FNG by using Handbrake alone. The issue was that the rubber pipe had developed cracks and got cut resulting in complete fluid loss.

Now, here's my questions:
  1. What is the life of Mhawk engine? Assuming that i will be doing regular maintainence, can i expect another 3 lakh KMS, totally 5-6 lakh KMs without overhaul or any issues.
  2. What about life of other components : Turbo, Intercooler, Alternator...? Will i incur significant costs in their maintainence?
  3. What can done for the rubber parts, how to check their strength? Should i replace all rubber parts proactively?

Please share your inputs and thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Last edited by gypsyFreak : 11th June 2024 at 14:41. Reason: typo error
Old 12th June 2024, 09:22   #4623
Senior - BHPian

1.75 lakh km is nothing for a mHawk in stock tune. I am not sure what tune you have in your dieseltronic.

Feel free to replace all hoses (turbo, intercooler etc besides brake lines and all) basis wear and tear, cracking etc.

Beyond that get a full change of oils and coolant (including eg the rear differential besides the normal engine / brake / gear oils). Full change = drain and replace rather than top up quantities.

Get your suspension checked if you haven't done so recently. Replace any cut bushes, worn parts etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
As i intend to keep it, what kind of maintainence needs to done? The FNG does the routine checks : Engine oil, brake pads, coolant....
Recently, one of the brake pipes was damaged resulting in complete drainage of brake oil and causing brakes to fail completely. Fortunately, i was near my home and could navigate to FNG by using Handbrake alone. The issue was that the rubber pipe had developed cracks and got cut resulting in complete fluid loss.
Old 5th July 2024, 17:24   #4624

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Hi, we're planning to (finally) install a sound system in our 2006 Mahindra Scorpio CRDe DX. We want features such as excellent sound quality, since I am an audiophile, reverse camera compatibility and Apple CarPlay, preferably wireless. Does anyone have any recommendations for both the touchscreen as well as the speakers? Is this a sensible procedure in the first place? Also, are steering controls worth adding?

Moderators, I do not know where else to post this—please copy/move this post to the suitable thread, if required.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks