Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2016, 12:38   #4276
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AarEmm View Post
Hi Styler,

Could you please provide details of how you managed to get the headlights aligned.

I too have changed headlights of my 2004 model non-CRDE Scorpio to mHawk ones, due to fading, and now find that the lights are more northward.

Thanks.
Just fiddled with the one screw on each headlight.
They were working irratically but were moving the beam up and down on adjusting. It's not perfect buy did manage to get the lights to be somewhat acceptable.
Styler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 13:55   #4277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Just fiddled with the one screw on each headlight.
They were working irratically but were moving the beam up and down on adjusting. It's not perfect buy did manage to get the lights to be somewhat acceptable.
Thanks Styler. Somehow, its not working on my Scorpio. Will ask my mechanic to try once more during my next visit to the workshop.
Old 27th August 2016, 11:08   #4278
Senior - BHPian

The front and rear washer motors have conked off again for the third time in 1 year. And both shout off at the same time.

Any ideas if the problem is with the motors or the electric circuitry.

Not been much in the country for the last 4 months but no washers in the monsoons is really irritating.

Last edited by m_upreti : 27th August 2016 at 11:09.
Old 30th August 2016, 14:20   #4279
BHPian

Hello
I have sold my Tata safari Gx and gave bought a used AT scorpio 2011 which my wife uses. It is very difficult to find an online user manual of the car hence I would like to ask few questions

1) is there a link to download the user manual

2) how to use the auto rain sensing wipers. I see a button near the AT gear box but when i press it nothinh happens in a rain or drizzle

3) how to reset the clock on the odometer. Infact how to reset trip on the odometer. The right hand side button lets me access the menu (except the clock) but i cannot manipulate anything else

4) what is normal tyre pressure for a scorpio (tubeless)

5) should the battery light be on before cranking the car. It goes off as soon as the car starts. After initisl engine check all lights go except oil and battery which go after cranking

Any help and guidance appreciated as my wife drives the car and we have two kids (one daughter & one on the way )

Last edited by lodhra : 30th August 2016 at 14:21.
Old 1st September 2016, 12:06   #4280
BHPian

A friend owns mHawk Scorpio (2011 MY, I think) and has been facing abnormally sluggish throttle response for some time. Engine check light is continuously on and OBD scan returns P0102 (MAF circuit low input). No other error. We got the MAF sensor cleaned by a roadside mechanic, and the car did seem to run fine that day, but its back to being slow again. Its not just slow, but painfully slow on inclines; like a flyover.

For now, he has disconnected the electrical connection to sensor, as suggested by a few mechanics and some pages online. But we really want to fix this ASAP. Do you guys suggest any other DIYs we can carry out, before going ahead and buying a new sensor? Its kind of expensive. He would not mind buying a new one, but he wants to be sure that the part is bad, before putting his money on a new one. Can someone help us with some Mahindra service center contact in Bangalore, who would be willing to test his car with a "good" sensor, without fleecing him. My friend has already got his diesel filter changed, on a mechanic's suggestion who didn't even bother to perform a scan. And has paid 1500 at another place, just for the scan. He does not trust his usual ASC, as they couldn't even diagnose the problem.
Old 1st September 2016, 14:11   #4281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
A friend owns mHawk Scorpio (2011 MY, I think) and has been facing abnormally sluggish throttle response for some time. Engine check light is continuously on and OBD scan returns P0102 (MAF circuit low input). No other error. ..........
-Get the air filter cleaned.
-Get the vaccum tubes checked for the loose ends.
-Get the EGR valve checked.

You can meet SA Sunil at Sireesh Auto Jakkur.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th March 2019 at 09:06. Reason: trimmed quoted post
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 21:03   #4282
BHPian

Quote:
We got the MAF sensor cleaned by a roadside mechanic, and the car did seem to run fine that day, but its back to being slow again. Its not just slow, but painfully slow on inclines; like a flyover.

For now, he has disconnected the electrical connection to sensor, as suggested by a few mechanics and some pages online. But we really want to fix this ASAP. .
Check out the turbo too. My Thar Crde had the exact same problem. Power would slightly pick up on disconnecting the MAF sensor. Turned out it was due to a bad Turbo core assembly.
tomraven99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 02:09   #4283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A friend owns mHawk Scorpio (2011 MY, I think) and has been facing abnormally sluggish throttle response for some time. Engine check light is continuously on and OBD scan returns P0102 (MAF circuit low input). No other error. We got the MAF sensor cleaned by a roadside mechanic, and the car did seem to run fine that day, but its back to being slow again. Its not just slow, but painfully slow on inclines; like a flyover.

My friend has already got his diesel filter changed, on a mechanic's suggestion who didn't even bother to perform a scan. And has paid 1500 at another place, just for the scan. He does not trust his usual ASC, as they couldn't even diagnose the problem.
Looks like the car is starving for a proper air - fuel mixture. Suggest that your friend does not spend any more money on roadside help. The other place really fleeced on the scanning which should be maximum Rs. 500. Let him try another A.S.C. even if it is some distance away.

Attaching a screenshot from the Scorpio OBD manual for more information.
Attached Images

m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 02:26   #4284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra View Post
1) is there a link to download the user manual

http://www.withyouhamesha.com/owner-...PIO-mHawk.html

This is for the latest refresh but except some cosmetics the vehicle remains the same. I have the soft copy of the manual with me but it is over 75 Mb in size.

2) how to use the auto rain sensing wipers. I see a button near the AT gear box but when i press it nothinh happens in a rain or drizzle.

Check for the button on the console in front of the auto shift near to the AC controls. Switch it on and then splash a mugful of water on the windscreen from the outside in the general area of the inner rear view mirror (the sensor is there). Ideally the wipers should start working, if not you may need to get it checked for a malfunctioning sensor or blown fuse.

3) how to reset the clock on the odometer. Infact how to reset trip on the odometer. The right hand side button lets me access the menu (except the clock) but i cannot manipulate anything else

User manual will help you with that

4) what is normal tyre pressure for a scorpio (tubeless)

Maintain 32 psi for normal roads (recommended by Mahindra). For other types of driving, 34 for untarred roads / grass and 28-30 for off roading in areas with stones (personal experience and tips from Car Vs Wild

5) should the battery light be on before cranking the car. It goes off as soon as the car starts. After initisl engine check all lights go except oil and battery which go after cranking

This is the way it should be

Any help and guidance appreciated as my wife drives the car and we have two kids (one daughter & one on the way )
Please find some inputs from my last 8 years of driving a Scorpio and previously a Jeep & congrats for the child on the way.

P.S. just found the downloadable version as well. http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/image...ers_manual.pdf

Last edited by m_upreti : 2nd September 2016 at 02:38.
Old 2nd September 2016, 03:25   #4285

This is awesome, I have been looking for the latest link since the last 2 years now. Thanks a tonne for sharing and also let me know if you are okay with me sharing further with all due credits.
Old 3rd September 2016, 06:51   #4286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil_Kapil View Post
This is awesome, I have been looking for the latest link since the last 2 years now. Thanks a tonne for sharing and also let me know if you are okay with me sharing further with all due credits.
Please go ahead, its anyways in the public domain.
Old 3rd September 2016, 07:39   #4287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Please go ahead, its anyways in the public domain.
Thank you for this link. I will read your ownership report and it must be excellent. The link you provided is of new scorpio. Do you have the manual of old 2011 scorpio. If yes can u share it through a download link ? I have few more questions sir if you would kindly elaborate from your experiences.

1) for service the oils recomended are of mahindra brand. Are they available outside shop if i want to get simple servicing done like oil change from my mechanic. What are compatible brands? In general for regular service i may require only engine oil flush plus top ups of ps oil& brake oil.

2) coolant flush is required after how many years. Compatible brand ?

3)i think the AT transmission does not require any topup etc as its a sealed unit ? Correct me if i am wrong

4) is there any light on the AT gear stick for night driving. In my car there seems none so find it difficult to see where stick is placed. If not that fine with practise it may become temporal

I am asking these questions as previoys owner used to service it from his mechanic as opposed to mahindra service centre.

Last edited by lodhra : 3rd September 2016 at 07:52.
Old 4th September 2016, 01:57   #4288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra View Post
Thank you for this link. I will read your ownership report and it must be excellent. The link you provided is of new scorpio. Do you have the manual of old 2011 scorpio. If yes can u share it through a download link ? I have few more questions sir if you would kindly elaborate from your experiences.

1) for service the oils recomended are of mahindra brand. Are they available outside shop if i want to get simple servicing done like oil change from my mechanic. What are compatible brands? In general for regular service i may require only engine oil flush plus top ups of ps oil& brake oil.

It is best to stick to the Mahindra Maximile Premium Engine Oil, it is available outside, or you can go with any 10W40 grade synthetic oil

2) coolant flush is required after how many years. Compatible brand ?

Coolant is good to last for 2-3 years with periodic top up in case required. You can use Bosch coolant if you want to replace

3)i think the AT transmission does not require any topup etc as its a sealed unit ? Correct me if i am wrong

You are right, there is no top up or change required, I don't think that even there is a drain plug provided

4) is there any light on the AT gear stick for night driving. In my car there seems none so find it difficult to see where stick is placed. If not that fine with practise it may become temporal

There is no such light and for vehicle die hards it would be an insult , but for ease of use you can check in some local accessory shop which may have it stocked and can be retrofitted or I can suggest a DIY, with a small led panel powered using the lighter for night driving

I am asking these questions as previoys owner used to service it from his mechanic as opposed to mahindra service centre.

After the completion of my extended warranty, even I get my Scorpio serviced locally. Minor repairs, electrical's, electronics and oil cum filter changes I do myself
As I mentioned I have the soft copy of the older manual, but sharing a 75 MB file would be challenging, let me think how I can do it.
Old 6th September 2016, 16:31   #4289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomraven99 View Post
Check out the turbo too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Looks like the car is starving for a proper air - fuel mixture.
Thanks for your replies guys. How can we check the Turbo ourselves? Would the boost readings in Torque app connected to OBD port be reliable? Any ideas for typical boost numbers that we can compare against?
Old 6th September 2016, 22:48   #4290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Any ideas for typical boost numbers that we can compare against?
You wouldn't be worrying about any of this if you'd regularly allowed the engine to stretch its legs! Simple advice - rev the engine to high revs every once in a while and everything stays in order. Why should you believe me? I'm a qualified and hands-on practising engineer and whatever I say is open to challenge from the most revered sources that you have access to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks