Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 18:24   #4081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
......Here is a very interesting study that brings into question whether there is any gain at all after fitting these performance filters.

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/t...ad.php?t=11674
The above tests show clearly, that the amount of dirt passed on is around 15 times more for K&N filters and that the amount of air restriction for normal filter vs K&N is negligible. So on the whole K&N is not really worth spending. This may not be the case for racing applications where every bit of air is required, but then you could use a larger filter to get the same amount of air.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th March 2019 at 14:26. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 12th August 2015, 22:02   #4082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
Dropped in to MASS (Sireesh Auto, Bangalore) and got the issue rectified.
The mech who attended my car said that a plate which is meant for the reverse gear system has been slightly grinned and re-seated to fix the issue , plunger detent kit is not applicable in Scorpio.
Now I am able to disengage the reserve gear back to neutral as normal.
Where is this plate located? Did the fix require any dismantling or is it external?
Old 13th August 2015, 15:46   #4083
BANNED

I have a question. Scorpio comes with Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. Will replacing stock alloys with aftermarket ones de-activate TPMS? I'm not sure how this TPMS works.
Old 13th August 2015, 17:08   #4084
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I'm not sure how this TPMS works.
There are some who removed TPMS from stock alloys and fixed in new alloy. Some have ordered new set of TPMS for new alloys. You can check the discussion here.
Old 14th August 2015, 14:04   #4085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The above tests show clearly, that the amount of dirt passed on is around 15 times more for K&N filters and that the amount of air restriction for normal filter vs K&N is negligible. So on the whole K&N is not really worth spending. This may not be the case for racing applications where every bit of air is required, but then you could use a larger filter to get the same amount of air.

I had checked with M&M customer care if I could go for a K&N filter for my mHawk, I was strictly advised against it and the gurus at TBHP had the same view.

Installing aftermarket products gives a perfect excuse to the manufacturer to void the warranty.
Old 18th August 2015, 19:37   #4086
BHPian

Came across a very weird problem. It's regarding the cruise control. Scorpio VLX 2011 4WD.

- When the engine is started and the car satisfied all required criteria for engaging cruise control. The system gets activated as expected and everything works fine. If the system is not disengaged then it keeps working for as long as needed.

- If system is manually disengaged (either by break pedal or the disengage button) and the car is run for a few kilometres. Then the system refuses to re engage.

- If the engine is stopped and restarted then the system works fine again for one session until it's disengaged.

Have checked the following
a. Break pedal sensor - Okay
b. Clutch pedal sensor - Okay
c. Micro Hybrid system - Okay
d. Speed sensor - Okay
e. RPM sensor - Okay

The only known condition with the car as of now is a Vacuum Modulator which is going to give up soon. As of now it's working fine, just starting to loose steam.

It's something that has completely baffled me. I am not able to figure it out. I dread taking the car to the ASS as their people shall not try and understand the problem and offer solutions which are only half worth salt therefore that option is off the cards. If someone has faced a similar case and can guide me as to what is 'causing' this.
Old 21st August 2015, 09:42   #4087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Where is this plate located? Did the fix require any dismantling or is it external?
It was External. They hardly took 20 minutes to fix the issue.
Old 7th September 2015, 13:14   #4088
BHPian

Can someone help me with this- ?
In my Scorpio Vlx 4WD, the TPMS light and all tyres keep flashing( no sound though), the airbag light is constantly on and twice the clock re-setted on its own.
Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 15:36   #4089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_anurag View Post
Can someone help me with this- ?
In my Scorpio Vlx 4WD, the TPMS light and all tyres keep flashing( no sound though), the airbag light is constantly on and twice the clock re-setted on its own.
Thanks
How old is the vehicle? If you've consistently been using the 'Micro Hybrid' feature and the vehicle is past the 3 year mark, then the first suspect in such a case would be the battery.
The battery should have a supply of more than 11.6V (this includes safety margin) to be of any use. If less than this then please consider replacement (do keep in mind that 4WD Vlx scorpios like ours need a special battery). However if the battery can be ruled out as a cause for concern then we can diagnose further.
axlerod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 15:46   #4090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axlerod View Post
How old is the vehicle? If you've consistently been using the 'Micro Hybrid' feature and the vehicle is past the 3 year mark, then the first suspect in such a case would be the battery.
The battery should have a supply of more than 11.6V (this includes safety margin) to be of any use. If less than this then please consider replacement (do keep in mind that 4WD Vlx scorpios like ours need a special battery). However if the battery can be ruled out as a cause for concern then we can diagnose further.
Thanks for the input. The vehicle is 4+ years old but I have hardly ever used the 'Micro Hybrid' feature. I will first get the battery checked and revert back. Thanks again.
Old 7th September 2015, 15:48   #4091
BHPian

PS: This is not Issue yet, but my observation and could be potential worry for which I seeking expert advice.

My uncle bought 2006 Model Crde Scorpio and I took it for a spin and found that the ride quality to be much better than my 2011 mHawk Scorpio. My scorpio throws me up and down in the same roads I took out my uncle's scropio, whereas I was plesantly surprise in this. Is this something I need to get checked in specific ?
Old 7th September 2015, 17:25   #4092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
PS: This is not Issue yet, but my observation and could be potential worry for which I seeking expert advice.

My uncle bought 2006 Model Crde Scorpio and I took it for a spin and found that the ride quality to be much better than my 2011 mHawk Scorpio. My scorpio throws me up and down in the same roads I took out my uncle's scropio, whereas I was plesantly surprise in this. Is this something I need to get checked in specific ?
Both the vehicles have similar suspension specifications. The difference is because of the condition of the hydraulic dampers (also known as 'shock absorbers'). Over time and usage patterns, the dampers can loose their potency which can lead to a very 'springy' suspension. Lesser the dampening offered by this component, more is the free up and down motion of the vehicle.

In your particular case this is surely the cause of the difference in ride quality between the two Scorpios!
Old 7th September 2015, 17:30   #4093
BHPian

Dear All,

My 2003 Non-CRDE Chain Drive Turbo Scorpio has done about 1.25 lac kms now.
I love the vehicle as it is very very low on maintenance.

Lately I have noticed that the RPM at idling is a little high (1,000). Earlier it used to be between 850-900. Also the Engine is not as smooth as it used to be.

A service adviser at the Authorized SS told me that I should get the Injectors cleaned.

I have already done the following

1. Changed the Engine and Gear Box Mounting to reduce vibration. It had little effect.

2. I regularly use System D every few months.

3. I used 2 bottles of Abro DI-502 Diesel Injector Cleaner (354 g) back-to-back, each in about 35-40ltrs of Diesel. Unfortunately no improvement at all.

Now I want to ask, has anybody got injectors opened and cleaned from Mico - Bosch Service Centers ? Somehow mechanics are very hesitant to recommend this as they all feel it might cause issues.

So - is it safe and recommended to get the injectors opened and cleaned ?

Styler

Last edited by Styler : 7th September 2015 at 17:31.
Old 7th September 2015, 18:03   #4094
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
...found that the ride quality to be much better than my 2011 mHawk Scorpio. My scorpio throws me up and down in the same roads I took out my uncle's scropio...

Is this something I need to get checked in specific ?
Check all the suspension linkage bushes, and examine for damper leaks.
Old 7th September 2015, 18:05   #4095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
So - is it safe and recommended to get the injectors opened and cleaned ?
This is a precision job but it needs to be done. The Bosch service centre would be the right place.
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks