Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 13:56   #4051
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Problem with the turbo/EGR vacuum modulator(s). Need(s) replacement.
Today, had one Vacuum Modulater replaced (under warranty) due to humming sound coming after turning off the engine. Wish Mahindra could turn up their QC a notch...

On that note, extended warranty has already paid for itself in the form of:

Fuel Filter Assembly replacement
Vacuum Modulator replacement

Interestingly, both these faults have occured after the expiry of standard (2 year) warranty (but the vehicle has only run ~25k kms so far)!

Last edited by Puneet.S : 11th June 2015 at 14:26.
Puneet.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 03:52   #4052

All,

So this gentleman by the name of "Sushil" not only fixed the resonation from the dashboard issue (He knew what he was doing and asked me why it wasn't mentioned in the job card) but also fixed the issue of difficulty in engagement of the 1st and 2nd gear at random times. This gentleman knows what he is doing and is god send. Just ask for "Sushil" at Sri Durga Automobiles" Mayapuri N.Delhi.

Last edited by ampere : 15th June 2015 at 06:08. Reason: Formatted post
Old 16th June 2015, 18:19   #4053
BHPian

Couple of Questions :
My 2010 Scorpio run - 76k kms , offlate experiencing jerky movement while changing gears and slow acceleration in 1st gear . How long does OEM Clutch hold before replacement ?
b) Have changed rubber mounts twice at 25k & 50k . whats the expected life of these mounts .
c) My OEM tyre is holding up good and should be fine for another 15k minimum , however i think i should go for replacement at 80K .
Old 16th June 2015, 20:39   #4054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Couple of Questions :
My 2010 Scorpio run - 76k kms , offlate experiencing jerky movement while changing gears and slow acceleration in 1st gear . How long does OEM Clutch hold before replacement ?
... .
Time to get a new clutch.
The fuel consumption should also be showing a noticeable increase.
Old 16th June 2015, 20:48   #4055

Quote:
Couple of Questions :
My 2010 Scorpio run - 76k kms, offlate experiencing jerky movement while changing gears and slow acceleration in 1st gear.
a) How long does OEM Clutch hold before replacement ?
b) Have changed rubber mounts twice at 25k & 50k . whats the expected life of these mounts .
c) My OEM tyre is holding up good and should be fine for another 15k minimum , however i think i should go for replacement at 80K .

I suggest hold on to the OEM tyres for another 15k, infact as much as you can, but be sure that these are safe to drive and have enough rubber/grip. After you get them replaced outside the life of tyres in my experience is going to be around 40k to 50k depending upon driving style and conditions. I got the rubber mounts changed at 100k along with my OEM tyres but i suggest to get it changed after 50k for better handling and comfortable drive !

Last edited by ampere : 16th June 2015 at 21:01. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 23rd June 2015, 15:10   #4056
Senior - BHPian

Monsoon Woes

1. Water is coming inside the car in the front left foot well, not able to pinpoint the source.
2. Both the front and rear washers stopped working together, looks like a fuse / wiring issue but cant find any mention of the fuse for the washers.
3. The left wiper arm cam loose in the heavy rain today, this arm tends to get loose after a bout of heavy rain when the wipers run at max. speed for extended periods. Probably have to get the nut replaced.
Old 6th July 2015, 13:00   #4057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Time to get a new clutch.
Have given my scorpio for service today and they have given a quote of Rs.16000 for Clutch replacement is this normally and does this include changing of entire kit.
Old 6th July 2015, 14:20   #4058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Have given my scorpio for service today and they have given a quote of Rs.16000 for Clutch replacement is this normally and does this include changing of entire kit.
Seems normal to me, though my old (2006) Scorpio full clutch job had cost under 13000/- last year. But the SA had put down 16K as estimate and later was surprised to see the cost was lower, compared to the newer Scorpios.
Old 11th July 2015, 10:13   #4059
BHPian

I have given my 2011 Scorpio for 110000 service. The SA has advised me that there is a leak in the gearbox. After checking it closely he says that clutch cylinder is damaged and is leaking. Could the experts clarify if this is correct?
Old 11th July 2015, 20:56   #4060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vj13 View Post
I have given my 2011 Scorpio for 110000 service. The SA has advised me that there is a leak in the gearbox. After checking it closely he says that clutch cylinder is damaged and is leaking. Could the experts clarify if this is correct?
The two are unrelated.
The clutch is hydraulically operated and there could be a leak from this hydraulic system. However this has nothing whatsoever to do with the gearbox.
Please ask whether there is a leak from the gearbox also.
Old 12th July 2015, 16:30   #4061
BHPian

Hi all

I have a 2004 non-crde Scorpio 2.6 Turbo which has done about 1.25 lack kms.

In the last few days I hear a whistling kind of sound while accelerating. It wasn't there ever before. There is no impact on performance at all (Acceleration/power).

About 10 days ago the AC Compressor of my Scorpio had failed and was replaced along with the condensor. For this The Air Filter along with some pipes was removed.

Could this be connected to the cause of the Whistling soound ?
Any idea what this could be ?

Styler
Old 12th July 2015, 17:21   #4062
BHPian

Hey Styler

Could you confirm that the 'Whistling' sound is not the sweet silent whistle of the Turbo Charger. If that's the case then it's nothing to worry about. It can be identified by a faint whistle sound which starts at around 1000 RPM and drowns in the engine's growl at around 1300 RPM.

If however the complaint that you're having is the loud whining sound which sound like something big squeaking, then the cause is one of the pulleys on the fan belt. My previous Scorpio was the SZ 2600+ and I had installed a modified alternator onto the belt spool. So initially I had some problems with this noise.

It occurs because of
a) One of the pulleys not rotating with the belt due to inadequate tension / deterioration of the belt quality
b) The pulley causing the noise due to an issue with the bearing of that particular pulley

For identification just open the bonnet and see if you notice any of the above problems with either the Alternator Pulley / A/C Compressor Pulley / Upper and Lower Tensioner Pulleys (particular to the SZ 2600 engine) / Steering Pump Pulley
The harmonic balancer generally does not create that noise

If you can revert with your findings then we can discuss further.
axlerod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 20:54   #4063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Monsoon Woes

1. Water is coming inside the car in the front left foot well, not able to pinpoint the source.
Choked water drain channels in the engine bay, near the firewall, extreme right and left sides. These are between the mudguards and the front doors and if these get choked with leaves/dirt they cause water to leak into the cabin foot wells.
Also check the AC condensate drain.
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 16:08   #4064
BHPian

Job description:
1) Replacement of rear differential pinion seal to arrest oil leak
2) Replacement of front hydraulic damper lower bush as the same had gotten cut

Time: 2 hours

Cost: Bush ₹90, Oil Seal ₹130, Differential Oil ₹250/ltr

Tools Involved: Vehicle lift, gear puller, seal puller, combination spanners, socket spanners

FWD Differential. Dana 44. Cleaned.
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436783294.773134.jpg

Rear differential. Dana 44. After cover removal
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436783369.462185.jpg

Rear differential after clean up
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436783419.432481.jpg

Pinion link
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436783462.090534.jpg

After oil seal removal
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436783502.760914.jpg

Disconnected propeller shaft
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436783543.453311.jpg

Torsion bar link to wishbone (The FWD suspension setup for the 4WD Scorpio)
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436783586.685467.jpg

The Borg Warner Electric shift transfer case
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436783644.326765.jpg

Some photographs which are not related to the job are for the visual reference of those who did not venture under their Scorpios yet!!!
Old 14th July 2015, 13:04   #4065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Choked water drain channels in the engine bay, near the firewall, extreme right and left sides. These are between the mudguards and the front doors and if these get choked with leaves/dirt they cause water to leak into the cabin foot wells.
Also check the AC condensate drain.
Thanks Anup will check these, I suspect the leaves and dirt as the car is parked under trees most of the day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks