Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2015, 17:27   #3976
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Finally, the car got delivered, hoping the sensors issue of ABS and Engine are resolved now. Under the disguise of trial, the ASC guys have dried up my half tank fuel (no regrets so long the issues are resolved). I am mentally well prepared for something new to crop up. Sloppiness of the ASC work is well reflected by the way the refitting of the central console is done (I had asked to the tighten the console). They've refitted the console with the locks protruding out (despite me identifying it for them). Not sure what else they have messed up.

I now can clearly distinguish the difference in customer relationship approach of the ASC for 1st, 2nd, 3rd year owners with respect to 5+ years owners. Because of all the issues and poor service experience it somehow influences a 5+ years owners like me to rethink of buying a new car.

Nevertheless seeing veterans like hvkumar i am determined to hold on to it.
Old 2nd February 2015, 18:51   #3977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
HVK Sir

It is sad that this is the attitude of the ASCs and they are almost rude to the customers owning old vehicles.

On the other hand, I have made some friends in the ASCs here in Delhi and in places like Leh, and privately the mechanics have told me that I should keep my 10 year old NON-CRDE scorpio as it is the best model ever.

When I ask for their personal advice if I should replace my car with a new model they tell me in their personal capacity that this is the best model for people like us who drive to really far away places. No-ECU, trouble free, and more over one person pointed to me that your 11 year old Scorpio does not have a spot of rust whereas 3-5 year old newer models are getting rusted.
He told me that the Metal sheets used in the original models were much heavier and of thicker gauge than the current models.

I also follow the strategy of sourcing spares in the open market and going to the FNG. Recently I saw that there is a really reasonable priced Korean sourced Clutch Plate and pressure plate available at Rakesh Motors, Gurgoan.

I managed to find the original TURBO 2.6 DX stickers in the after market last week after all the Service Centers told me it is not available.

Now whenever the ASCs call me that my Scorpio is due for service, I tell them a list of parts which are not available, and tell them I will come for service when you have all these parts in stock. They never get back to me.

Styler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_man View Post
Finally, the car got delivered, hoping the sensors issue of ABS and Engine are resolved now. Under the disguise of trial, the ASC guys have dried up my half tank fuel (no regrets so long the issues are resolved). I am mentally well prepared for something new to crop up. Sloppiness of the ASC work is well reflected by the way the refitting of the central console is done (I had asked to the tighten the console). They've refitted the console with the locks protruding out (despite me identifying it for them). Not sure what else they have messed up.

I now can clearly distinguish the difference in customer relationship approach of the ASC for 1st, 2nd, 3rd year owners with respect to 5+ years owners. Because of all the issues and poor service experience it somehow influences a 5+ years owners like me to rethink of buying a new car.

Nevertheless seeing veterans like hvkumar i am determined to hold on to it.
Yes, this non-crde version of Scorpio is probably the best M&M built & I hear the same things from the trade. I source parts in the new & used parts bazaars - since some parts are simply not available in Bombay region - and by avoiding the ASCs, I am able to keep the car running fine (horror story if you ever visit a ASC - they can wreck the car in no time). The last time I was compelled to visit a ASC - I have written about my terrible time with Sutaria Auto, Belgaum before in this thread - it was a sorry experience.

Maintain this car well, and you can be assured that it will run very well. Never mind what the M&M ASCs think
Old 2nd February 2015, 18:56   #3978
Senior - BHPian

Got the Service done outside for the first time for my Scorpio Mhawk since warranty has expired.

Changed engine oil,oil filter,gear oil,differential oil, fuel filter.

All of it for 3800 bucks
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 09:59   #3979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Well said
For an Indian company that prides itself on its technological prowess, it is indeed the tilting factor why they have lost out to all the newbies in the same product segment. They don't get it right the first time - given the poor quality when it comes out of the plant, mess up with a poor after-sales network & worsen it by not bothering to serve their loyal customers - quite a business case study in insolence & path to oblivion
They never get it right unless you are knowledgeable. Ever since my scorpio, i've been on 1500km plus vacations given the ease with which it carries itself even with 7+ passengers. However last aug on a trip to Jalori and tirthan I felt the pull missing though it passed your incline test without throttle input. Once back I sent it for service and twice asc mentioned its all fine. Being a nut I kept sending the vehicle back it was in december'14 that I got hold of master mechanic and took him for a spin and recreated the issue. Namely reverberation at 2k between 40 to 60. Post 4th gear supressed pickup and speed flattening out at 100 and never climbing above even with throttle prod. And everytime the right front suspension rubber pad gets cut once you put it through some bumps. The mechanic kept silent through the whole drive, once back he summoned two previous mechanics who serviced the vehicle and asked them to elaborate the issues and their fix. To his horror the advisor never passed on the info. Like a novice I kept quite once the mechanics were dispatched I asked him what seems to be the issue. He said simply change the fuel regulator valve and redo the alignment/balancing to fix the issues. And post that I havent had any issues. Now I ask the advisor to only take an appointment when master mechanic is available. One thing I realised is you need to know what you want and pester them to fix it for you. I've been contacted my Mahindra directly and have shared my candid feedback on miscommunication and lack of expertise with them.
Ushuaia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 10:35   #3980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_man View Post
Sure! I will PM you as soon as I get the number.
Thanks Real_man, finally got the time to speak to the mechanic today and incidentally his garage is just 100 mts. from where I live, so it would be pretty easy for me to leave the vehicle there. Have fixed up an appointment with him for Sunday
Old 16th February 2015, 22:45   #3981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Thanks Real_man, finally got the time to speak to the mechanic today and incidentally his garage is just 100 mts. from where I live, so it would be pretty easy for me to leave the vehicle there. Have fixed up an appointment with him for Sunday
Good to know the mech was close to you. Do share your experience.
Old 28th February 2015, 14:18   #3982
Senior - BHPian

M&M Mega Service Camp from Monday. Booked my Scorpio for Monday.

Seems that the age is catching up now (Sep 2008) with mechanicals, electronics and other stuff failing at regular intervals as of now I can see the following:

1. AC blower resistor blown (not available in the market)
2. Both front and rear washer motors conked off.
3. Tie Rods & Ball Joints showing aging and am having a very creaky suspension.
4. Front right brake creaking at low speeds.
5. Slotting into the 2nd gear becoming tougher by day.
6. The auto lock system is not working for locking and neither is the key able to lock all doors (unlocking happening with both the remote and the key and auto lock once vehicle is in motion working)
7. Antenna is missing (seems to have fallen off)
8. Kids broke the rear wiper couple of days back
9. The air filter is a mass of crumpled sponge now, needs immediate replacement.

Despite this the mHawk engine still performs brilliantly and tankful to tankful I am getting an average of 12-14 kmpl.

The vehicle is running in the 40K kms. range (the ODO got replaced so am a bit confused on the exact number, will get it from the A.S.S.)
Need help from the gurus on the following:

1. Oil Changes (engine, gear, brake, steering)
2. Coolant fluid change
3. Brake bleeding / cleaning
4. Clutch bleeding / cleaning
5. Tyre rotation
6. Oil filter change
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:05   #3983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
M&M Mega Service Camp from Monday. Booked my Scorpio for Monday.
Had the car checked at the camp, I am not sure how effective was that however the following need attention:

1. Coolant Outlet Hose Leakage - The leakage is minor but needs to be attended to prevent greater damage
2. Front Wiper Washer Motor - Not working
3. Rear Wiper Washer Motor - Not working
4. Engine Cover Studs - 3 are missing
5. Clutch Oil - as per the SA needs to be replaced
6. Air Filter - they did not open it but I had opened it some time back and it is just a mass of powdered sponge now so I will have it replaced (outside of A.S.S.)
7. AC Resistance - burnt out, needs replacement
8. Propeller Shaft Bearings (2) - Car is giving a "khat" noise at low speeds once or twice during the day. SA wants to replace the bearings. However, this has been there for the past 6 years and I complained about it multiple times and no one was able to diagnose the issue when the car was under warranty / extended warranty.

The A.S.S. seemed too busy due to the camp and holi this week so I decided not to get these things done. Will be taking an appointment next week to have the work done.
Attached Images

Old 3rd March 2015, 15:54   #3984
BHPian

Anyone facing front shockers bottom rubber pad wear and tear frequently i've has these changed 3 times in last 2.5 yrs. Else whenever over uneven terrain there is squeaky noise.
Old 4th March 2015, 11:52   #3985
BHPian

Quote:
Had the car checked at the camp, I am not sure how effective was that however the following need attention:

1. Coolant Outlet Hose Leakage - The leakage is minor but needs to be attended to prevent greater damage
2. Front Wiper Washer Motor - Not working
3. Rear Wiper Washer Motor - Not working
4. Engine Cover Studs - 3 are missing
5. Clutch Oil - as per the SA needs to be replaced
6. Air Filter - they did not open it but I had opened it some time back and it is just a mass of powdered sponge now so I will have it replaced (outside of A.S.S.)
7. AC Resistance - burnt out, needs replacement
8. Propeller Shaft Bearings (2) - Car is giving a "khat" noise at low speeds once or twice during the day. SA wants to replace the bearings. However, this has been there for the past 6 years and I complained about it multiple times and no one was able to diagnose the issue when the car was under warranty / extended warranty.

The A.S.S. seemed too busy due to the camp and holi this week so I decided not to get these things done. Will be taking an appointment next week to have the work done.
The costing is too steep. I got the 2 Windshield washer pumps from the aftermarket for Rs 150 each and replaced them myself.

A coolent hose should not be more than 300-400 . I don't know if they have included the cost of flushing and replacing the entire coolant.
Styler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 19:34   #3986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The costing is too steep. I got the 2 Windshield washer pumps from the aftermarket for Rs 150 each and replaced them myself.

A coolent hose should not be more than 300-400 . I don't know if they have included the cost of flushing and replacing the entire coolant.
Thanks for the update, I feel the same, the washer motors are available in the market but I am not able to reach the exact place where they are located. If you could help with that it would be great.

I would however be cross checking this with a neighborhood mechanic before I go to the A.S.S. again. I anyways have to depend on M&M for the AC resistance since it is not available in the market around me.
Old 4th March 2015, 19:52   #3987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I anyways have to depend on M&M for the AC resistance since it is not available in the market around me.
Check with your local Behr AC dealer / stockist / service centre. Costs around Rs.600 IIRC.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 14:31   #3988
BHPian

I have 2011 Sle, looking for inputs from Scorpio owners in here about know how much it would cost to replace all the rubber parts related to suspension ?

My extended warranty is going to end by June, any suggestions on anything particular I should be looking at getting replaced ?

Thanks in Advance,
Rajesh
Old 5th March 2015, 14:33   #3989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Check with your local Behr AC dealer / stockist / service centre. Costs around Rs.600 IIRC.
Both of you are right, I got the work done by a local parts shop in Kharghar (Navi Mumbai) today, total amount spent Rs. 5700.00
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-untitled.png  

m_upreti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 15:37   #3990

Missing issues in my Mahindra Scorpio CRDE Jan 2006 model

Hi All, I am a proud owner of Mahindra Scorpio CRDE with almost driving it for last 10 years and have clocked more than 2Lacs Kms on Indian roads. So far the car has been trouble free till recently I am experiencing some starting and missing issues. Recently after getting the service done I encountered with the Ignition start issues and around that the Diesel Pump is taking air so got both Diesel filter and pump replaced. The problem did go for 3-4 days and but now starting getting the same issues. The mechanic advised to get the Injectors checked which I got it checked and found no issues with it. Any suggestions on what could be the possible issue? Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks