Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2014, 23:17   #3946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
2 minor issues cropped up in the last few days:

1. Auto locking system stopped working:

The remote was functioning but the doors are not locking so had to manually lock the doors. The unlocking & auto lock after 30 seconds of driving was still working.

This was a known issue so I made the car Relearn the auto locking by turning the key multiple times (8-9 times) in the drivers side lock.

It has started working now.

2. Last night

a. The lights of the instrument cluster and dashboard failed.
b. The auto light and follow me home feature also stopped.
c. The auto wipers is working though

I checked the fuses (located in an unmarked box handing by wires behind the glove box, took me 5 mts. to figure it out). Everything seems to be fine with the fuses but still cleaned the connectors with sand paper and reinserted.

Now the lights on the buttons (auto light, auto wiper, defogger) are working but the instrument cluster is still dark and the auto light is still not functioning.

Guidance on what else to check please.

In the absence of a reliable auto electrician a trip to the A.S.S. may be necessary now as I have to get the AC blower resistance also replaced and is not available in the market.
'Go to a dealership - Mahindra ASC. Change the batteries of both your remotes. At the ASC the technician will connect a laptop to the socket below your steering whell and recode both your remotes.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 18:10   #3947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
'Go to a dealership - Mahindra ASC. Change the batteries of both your remotes. At the ASC the technician will connect a laptop to the socket below your steering whell and recode both your remotes.
At the ASC the guys want the Nippon person to come. I have changed the batteries but the issue comes on and off... It was working for past couple of months but since this Monday again not working
Old 3rd January 2015, 14:51   #3948
Team-BHP Support

There is a slight rattle in the glovebox when I am doing 60kmph or a shade below it in 5th gear. Or even 50kmph.
Old 3rd January 2015, 16:30   #3949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
There is a slight rattle in the glovebox when I am doing 60kmph or a shade below it in 5th gear. Or even 50kmph.
Seems it is getting loose at the top hinges, pull out the entire glove box door assembly and give it a slight bend in the opposing direction, it should tighten the things up.

Last edited by m_upreti : 3rd January 2015 at 16:34.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 10:37   #3950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
At the ASC the guys want the Nippon person to come. I have changed the batteries but the issue comes on and off... It was working for past couple of months but since this Monday again not working
Why Nippon ? The central locking system does not work through the Radio unit / ICE system. The issue here is to relearn the remote system useing a Mahindra provided software.
Old 7th January 2015, 10:50   #3951
BHPian

My scorpio is now 9+ years old & have the following nagging erratic problem for sometime.

Engine warning light comes up after running the car for sometime & sporadically engine/ac suddenly shuts off without any warning. I can restart the car immediately & everything is fine again. But the cycle continues.

Have reported the same during service (both with ASC & outside (Ignite Garage, Chennai), but from what I could gather the error codes logged doesn't seem to be helpful in resolving the issue. Has anyone come across a similar problem? Help

Last edited by tifosikrishna : 7th January 2015 at 10:54.
Old 7th January 2015, 13:47   #3952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Why Nippon ? The central locking system does not work through the Radio unit / ICE system. The issue here is to relearn the remote system useing a Mahindra provided software.
As per the ASC the same is linked to the Nippon Security System unit (he was unable to tell me where it was located else I could have tried my own R&D on it. I once had a issue with one of the remotes at that time also the Nippon technician came to my office to recode the new remote. He did not connect to the port in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
My scorpio is now 9+ years old & have the following nagging erratic problem for sometime.

Engine warning light comes up after running the car for sometime & sporadically engine/ac suddenly shuts off without any warning. I can restart the car immediately & everything is fine again. But the cycle continues.
Can you share the exact code listed by the OBD tool, ask for a print out, the machine should give a thermal printout. I have the EMS manual for the Scorpio but am unable to upload it here as the zip file is over 4.5 mb. If you like you can PM me your mail id, I will mail it to you.
Old 10th January 2015, 20:29   #3953
BHPian

Error codes logged were
P-1192 (Maximum positive Rail pressure deviation exceeded)
P-1193 (Maximum positive Rail pressure deviation exceeded concerning the
set flow value)

EMS manual says

Proper Performance
The ECU compares the rail pressure monitored through
the RPS against the expected pressure generated due to
HPP ( Based on MPROP position and the engine RPM
and other parameters)
Malfunction; out-of-range
• If the deviation is more then error is generated.
Reaction
• Engine will be switched OFF
• Engine can not be started
• System Check lamp is ON

Possible Causes
• Defective fuel tank cap (
improper breathing)
• Fuel filter
• Filter assembly
• Tank strainer choked.
• Injector stuck in open
condition
• M-Prop valve stuck

In my case, engine starts within no time & runs fine without a hitch until the engine stops again.
If I am right, sometime back when I reported the same problem with ASC they suspected dust in fuel tank/line & cleaned the whole system, but warning light came up (am assuming that it is the same error) while taking delivery of car from the centre, so asked them to test it thoroughly. They retained the car for a day & claimed that they ran it for 120km without any problem. After that problem didn't reoccur for probably 4 to 5 months.

What could be the issue?
Old 12th January 2015, 11:43   #3954
BHPian

Waiting for reply for my previous post.
Planning to take my car on a long drive on Wednesday. Would like have experts' views to take a call.
Old 19th January 2015, 14:07   #3955
BHPian

Quote:
Error codes logged were
set flow value)

EMS manual says

Proper Performance
The ECU compares the rail pressure monitored through
the RPS against the expected pressure generated due to
HPP ( Based on MPROP position and the engine RPM
and other parameters)
Malfunction; out-of-range
• If the deviation is more then error is generated.
Reaction
• Engine will be switched OFF
• Engine can not be started
• System Check lamp is ON

Possible Causes
• Defective fuel tank cap (
improper breathing)
• Fuel filter
• Filter assembly
• Tank strainer choked.
• Injector stuck in open
condition
• M-Prop valve stuck

In my case, engine starts within no time & runs fine without a hitch until the engine stops again.
If I am right, sometime back when I reported the same problem with ASC they suspected dust in fuel tank/line & cleaned the whole system, but warning light came up (am assuming that it is the same error) while taking delivery of car from the centre, so asked them to test it thoroughly. They retained the car for a day & claimed that they ran it for 120km without any problem. After that problem didn't reoccur for probably 4 to 5 months.

What could be the issue?
tifosikrishna,

I bought a Scorpio in 2007 and faced similar issue in 2009. The car engine would stop at a speed of more than 100 kmph automatically and 'check-engine' light would glow. I could restart the engine after a couple of minutes and the car would go on normally, but again after a day or two, would do the same thing after the speed of more than 100 kmph.

The problem was identified to one of the four fuel injection tubes in the engine (please see the components in the red oval mark in the below picture). Since only one tube was not available for sale, the whole kit was purchased and all four tubes were replaced. Scorpio never had that issue again.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-img_0979.jpg  

Old 19th January 2015, 14:58   #3956
BHPian

Quote:
Error codes logged were
set flow value)

EMS manual says....
I've had this issue couple of times in my Xylo; I used to just re-start the vehicle and continue driving. sometimes, the check engine light (CEL) used to come back just within minutes. try changing the Diesel Filter with a new one. in my case, surely the problem was solved, TWICE! I did get my fuel tank cleaned once for doubt of this issue, but the tank was already clean inside!

touching the injector maybe the last resort, you can try using some additive in diesel (eg. abro diesel injector yellow bottle) ?
Old 28th January 2015, 21:43   #3957
BHPian

I have a 2009 SLE have done 93K kms, have not faced major issues or breakdown for the last 5 years, the monster has served me well and have not let me down in any of my long trips. Taking inspiration from fellow bhpians keen to continue using it.

With my last 2 month’s experience I am actually reconsidering sticking on to it (especially for the reliability). Have made 3 visits to Service Center in the last 2 months. Despite diligently following the service schedules i am facing major issues and breakdowns (does reflect the poor workmanship of the service center “SC”) right after the service faced Oil leak from engine, coolant leak resulting in engine heating and alternator failure.

1. Getting Oil pressure low message: Oil pressure switch replace, Oil seal replace (mechs call it "Tikkli").
2. ABS light comes on: It remains on until i switch of ignition and turn back on. This is erratic did not come on last 2 days.

All the 3 visit i spent aprox 13K, every other issues that was proactively identified by SC were resolved except the ones above. I am looking for guidance from fellow bhpian to ensure that above is fixed in the 4th visit and control further damage on my wallet.

Last edited by Real_man : 28th January 2015 at 21:44.
Old 29th January 2015, 09:16   #3958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_man View Post
I have a 2009 SLE have done 93K kms, have not faced major issues or breakdown for the last 5 years, the monster has served me well and have not let me down in any of my long trips. Taking inspiration from fellow bhpians keen to continue using it.

With my last 2 month’s experience I am actually reconsidering sticking on to it (especially for the reliability). Have made 3 visits to Service Center in the last 2 months. Despite diligently following the service schedules i am facing major issues and breakdowns (does reflect the poor workmanship of the service center “SC”) right after the service faced Oil leak from engine, coolant leak resulting in engine heating and alternator failure.

1. Getting Oil pressure low message: Oil pressure switch replace, Oil seal replace (mechs call it "Tikkli").
2. ABS light comes on: It remains on until i switch of ignition and turn back on. This is erratic did not come on last 2 days.

All the 3 visit i spent aprox 13K, every other issues that was proactively identified by SC were resolved except the ones above. I am looking for guidance from fellow bhpian to ensure that above is fixed in the 4th visit and control further damage on my wallet.
The Scorpio is a great car but the M&M ASCs are terrible, they wreck even the best of cars.
Very difficult to find a good ASC. Better idea to look around and find yourself a good FNG - a local garage or mechanic.
In the 413,000 kms my Scorpio has done, I stopped visiting M&M ASCs last 3-4 years because they were the cause of the problems, not the remedy
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 09:27   #3959
BHPian

My LX recently came back from it's first service (5000km). I had previously fitted an autocop XS which was working fine, but now the autolock / unlock feature (on starting the car) has stopped working. It still responds properly to the remote and also auto-locks if switched off and left for a couple of minutes. Any ideas?
Old 29th January 2015, 17:38   #3960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The Scorpio is a great car but the M&M ASCs are terrible, they wreck even the best of cars.
Very difficult to find a good ASC. Better idea to look around and find yourself a good FNG - a local garage or mechanic.
In the 413,000 kms my Scorpio has done, I stopped visiting M&M ASCs last 3-4 years because they were the cause of the problems, not the remedy
Thanks for the feedback hvkumar, I am really inspired by the amount kms clocked by your Scorpio.

I understand that you are from Mumbai. Would you recommend a good mechanic in and around Vashi or Andheri area?

Is there any specific item that you'd recommend me to check for resolving the two specific issues that i am facing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks