Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 10:44   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi ! Waiting for your final verdict on the K&N Filter.

I was planning to get one, but the talk on excess dust intake has pu a temporary brake on the plans.
Frankly very confused!!!

I read the entire thread on K&N here and in many other places, its a hung jury, both sides have valid points.

What do I feel? My truck on the K&N sings better, rolls better and FEELS better!!!! Somewhere from my left brain, a voice is shouting "throw it out, no long-term benefit, dust will find its way inside the chambers"...... its a difficult decision. I think my case tilts towards keeping the filters as I do not intend to keep my truck for more than 5 years.

There are fears too: What if some moron at the ASC, sometime down the line blows his air gun on the K&N filter, puts it back on the box and does not tell anyone. I need to secure the air-box during ASC service and ensure they do not open it up at all. You are supposed to gently tap out the dust otherwise the dust will get embedded into the cotton and surely find its way in later !!!!! There are more what if's ..........but this is the scariest.

I have 4 more days to go before I decide...

========
Old 14th July 2009, 13:58   #377
Senior - BHPian

Hi, this has left me too confused. Any way I will let it pass like the xenons and the petes and save me some money instead , even though I am not planning keep this car for more than 5 yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Frankly very confused!!!
I read the entire thread on K&N here and in many other places, its a hung jury, both sides have valid points.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th February 2019 at 10:05. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 20th July 2009, 19:20   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi, this has left me too confused. Any way I will let it pass like the xenons and the petes and save me some money instead , even though I am not planning keep this car for more than 5 yrs.
Took the K&N, the driving experiene is unique... the risks of the dust getting in, looks remote based on user experiences. After all millions of these filters are sold world-wide and they do have a reputaiton.

Well.... time will tell.
-----------
Old 20th July 2009, 19:52   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took the K&N, the driving experiene is unique... the risks of the dust getting in, looks remote based on user experiences. After all millions of these filters are sold world-wide and they do have a reputaiton.

Well.... time will tell.
-----------
can you please elaborate the statement marked in bold please? whats the noticeable difference?
is there any change in engine note, acceleration, driveability, FE?

i am planning to opt for Cotton Green air filter for my scorpio.
Old 20th July 2009, 20:46   #380
Senior - BHPian

Great, so you made the decision. Keep us updated on the benefits that you are getting.

Any impact on the Warrenty ?

Quote:
Took the K&N, the driving experiene is unique... the risks of the dust getting in, looks remote based on user experiences. After all millions of these filters are sold world-wide and they do have a reputation.Well.... time will tell.
Faced minor issue with my rear wiper today. somehow it started cleaning the door instead of the glass (running upside down).

Had to spend 10 mts in rain unscrewing the wiper & resetting it, still I am not too satisfied with the setting as the wiper is still not covering the complete glass, going more to the left, so need to remove it once again and do the setting.
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:46   #381
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen, an old thread came alive again today and I thought I'll put a link to it here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...altitudes.html

Has anyone faced this issue? I'm told that Roshun and GD might have been through something similar.

As said in that thread, the matter is yet to be resolved! Why? Because there is no firm diagnosis yet!

I'm beginning to push a bit now, as my car runs out of warranty in a year's time.
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:31   #382
BHPian

I did faced this once at Sarchu, but after that it was all smooth, so what was the change, at Leh the Air Filter was replaced with brand new and this fixes the mal function error and starting problem, I did mentioned this in my Leh thread.

-Pramod
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:51   #383
BHPian

AC fan noise and right driver power window

Hi Guys,

Today evening while I was driving back home, the ac fan suddenly started making a churrr..noise, no issue with cooling...just an uncomfortable noise that seems to be coming from the left most vent. It is not a rattle, sounds like it's coming from the fan. Does it sound serious?

And then suddenly, the driver side power window refuses to roll down.When I press it upwards, it makes a whirr noise, but is dead when I try and roll it down. I am attributing this to rains. Rest windows are all fine.

Just wondering if I should take the car to auth. mahindra workshop (a little far) or would my local garage do the trick
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:34   #384
Senior - BHPian

i would suggest the authorised service station.
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:39   #385
BHPian

Thanks Raj,

The power window seems to have a mind of its own, was absolutely fine this morning. AC noise is intermittent. Do you think greasing the fan motor works? I had neglected something similar in my fiat uno resulting in me having to change the fan motor.

Also, I think the rains play a big role in electrical malfunctions. What say?
Old 23rd July 2009, 10:01   #386
BHPian

There is an unorthodox cure for your woes. Park the car outside on a hot sunny day. I am 99% sure that the power window will fix itself. Its a tried and tested thingie , somehow the water percolates inside in heavy rains sometimes. All thats needed is for it to dry.

Fan motor - get it checked, why take the chance?
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:18   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
All thats needed is for it to dry.
That means getting the window rubber beadings renewed might help? Or is this condensed water that finds its way into the electricals?
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:49   #388
BHPian

Hi Anupji,

The problem could also be when we wind the glass down during rains, I mean the water on the windows might be getting into the mechanism unless the window rubber is good enough to stop the water
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:10   #389
Senior - BHPian

Had an issue with my Scorpio day before yesterday which left me stranded.

Around 10 PM while starting from the office when I opened the car using the remote I saw multiple flashes & 4 chirps against the usual 2 which I attributed to somebody touching the car during the day which would have triggered the alarm.

It was raining real heavy so I immediately got in and turned the ignition, all lights on the dash (at least that's what I thought at that time) came in but the ignition would not crank. The only issue which I could see was the Lock light blinking continupusly.

Unlocked the car & tried the procedure again, but no avail.

Checked the electricals everything including the lights, AC, wipers, music working perfectly so no issue with the battery.

Tried reading through the car as well as the Nippon manual, tried to disarm the security syatem but no response from the valet switch.

Finally after 15 mys of DIY I called up the Mahindra Helpline, narrated the issue & gave the car details and I was given the number of the local Mahindra guy to call for help.

Called up the Mahindra guy, he told me to lock & unlock the car few times and try.

Tried again, but status quo again.

Then I was given the number of the nearest A.S.S., called the person, again I was asked to repeat the same procedure, but the car wouldnt budge.

Finally I was told to leave the car in the parking & promised support in the morning.

Well, no option, even my neighbourhead mechanic was too far off, so decided to Follow The Advise. Had to walk about half a km before I could convince an auto to take me home at an exhorbitant fare.

Reached home by 11:30, didn't answer to the blank looks of the family, they were wise enough not to ask any questions.

Next morning no autos around so hopped on the first bus that came along and reached office.

True to the promise the A.S.S. guys reached around 11:00, looked around, under the hood, tried cranking the engine a few times, and suddenly the enlightment came "Battery ki light nahi aa rahi hai (on the dash)".

Checked the battery connections again ( how are the electricals functioning), any way they then opened up the panel below the steering and checked the fuses.

There it was the teeny weeny 10 amps fuse for the ECU blown creating all the fuss, the same was replaced from the spare inside the cover (have to remember to replenish it).

The A.S.S. technicians were unable to give any explanations for the fuse blowing except, .. kabhi ho jata hai.

Well I am back on the road, but at least if this situation arises again I at least know what to look for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekharlele View Post
Just wondering if I should take the car to auth. mahindra workshop (a little far) or would my local garage do the trick
Avoid the local garage, may lead to warrenty & other issues lates with Mahindra.

Last edited by m_upreti : 23rd July 2009 at 14:12.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:55   #390
BHPian

Damn! Nothing can be more irritating than getting stranded in office at 10 PM after what must have been a hard day's work. The thing with autos is to just sit in them and then tell them where you want to go. I have often fought with these guys and refused to get down. But then, not at 10 PM when all you wanna do is get home to some warm food.

By the way, I have been reading quite a bit about the 'advantages' of the non crde engine over the crdi one. So, does that make the cheaper M2DI Scorpio a better bet than the Mhawk (considering the mhawk too uses common rail diesel)

Also, can I use a fuel additive to help clean the injectors of my car? If so, which one?

I have always been using normal fuel in all my cars, so wondering!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks