Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2014, 15:05   #3661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That is the best thing to do.

By the way, how many kms had this tire done?
It would be about 23 thousand Kms.
Old 9th January 2014, 09:47   #3662

Question regarding TPMS

Filled air from the petrol pump which has a digital air pump and the reading on that pump shows 32psi. But the TPMS shows above 40psi (40.2, 42.5, 42.5, 41) for each of the tyres and no warning or beep is there.

For the sake of experimenting/testing, I go to another tyre repair shop with Analog meter it did show above 40 and I reduced it to 32psi as per the Analog meter, but still the TMPS does not show the correct pressure details.

The TMPS readings are a mystery to me. Am I missing something - can someone please help me understand this.
Old 9th January 2014, 14:07   #3663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnemani View Post
Question regarding TPMS

Filled air from the petrol pump which has a digital air pump and the reading on that pump shows 32psi. But the TPMS shows above 40psi (40.2, 42.5, 42.5, 41) for each of the tyres and no warning or beep is there.

For the sake of experimenting/testing, I go to another tyre repair shop with Analog meter it did show above 40 and I reduced it to 32psi as per the Analog meter, but still the TMPS does not show the correct pressure details.

The TMPS readings are a mystery to me. Am I missing something - can someone please help me understand this.
In my experience the TPMS reading should be taken as indicative only and the only use I find it is in case of a puncture / pressure loss where the warning is extremely prompt.

Go with the analog meter as those are more accurate.
Old 15th January 2014, 11:29   #3664
BHPian

I had my Scorpio LX Keys misplaced. My search for the last 3 days have been futile. I am using the duplicate key that came with the car. I do know that Scorpio LX came with Immobilzer option. I need to take an action to ensure safety of my car. Appreciate quick answers:

1. Can I ask the dealer to change the immobilizer code and seek their support get another duplicate key?

2. Procure after market steering lock / Gear lock to provide extra security while my search for the original keys is going on (Not sure for how long I would search though)

2. Change the complete ignition key unit. I checked the price for LX. It is coming around Rs. 5400 + Labor. I am guessing it would be around 7k in total. I would like to consider this if no other option is available

Best Regards,
Old 15th January 2014, 11:43   #3665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
I had my Scorpio LX Keys misplaced. My search for the last 3 days have been futile. I am using the duplicate key that came with the car. I do know that Scorpio LX came with Immobilzer option. I need to take an action to ensure safety of my car. Appreciate quick answers:

1. Can I ask the dealer to change the immobilizer code and seek their support get another duplicate key?

2. Procure after market steering lock / Gear lock to provide extra security while my search for the original keys is going on (Not sure for how long I would search though)

2. Change the complete ignition key unit. I checked the price for LX. It is coming around Rs. 5400 + Labor. I am guessing it would be around 7k in total. I would like to consider this if no other option is available

Best Regards,
I guess the dealer would be able to get you a duplicate key with the code tag present on one of the keys.

About replacing the whole lock set, well, depends on where you lost your key. If you are certain it can't be traced to your car, getting a duplicate should be fine. If, however, you are in doubt - better to get the locks replaced. Small price to pay for peace of mind.

If you don't have a gear and steering lock yet, I would suggest you to get one.

About immobilizer - does the LX come with one? I was of the impression it doesn't!
Dry Ice is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 12:03   #3666
Senior - BHPian

Does the Scorpio have metal fatigue issues?
I thought mine was an exception now that it is 9 years old - have faced metal fatigue twice in the 6th and 8th years - when the shock absorber crown (welded to chassis) first broke, then the upper arm bracket (welded to the chassis too). I dismissed it as rigours of a Scorpio that has been beaten around for 370,000 kms in all kinds of terrain.

But last week, one of my friend's Scorpio - 100,000 kms, 3 years - broke the same upper arm bracket. Informal enquiries with mechanics in ASCs reveals that there are several such cases coming in nowadays, where the chassis has to be replaced....

What do you think?
Old 15th January 2014, 15:08   #3667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Does the Scorpio have metal fatigue issues?
I thought mine was an exception now that it is 9 years old - have faced metal fatigue twice in the 6th and 8th years - when the shock absorber crown (welded to chassis) first broke, then the upper arm bracket (welded to the chassis too). I dismissed it as rigours of a Scorpio that has been beaten around for 370,000 kms in all kinds of terrain.

But last week, one of my friend's Scorpio - 100,000 kms, 3 years - broke the same upper arm bracket. Informal enquiries with mechanics in ASCs reveals that there are several such cases coming in nowadays, where the chassis has to be replaced....

What do you think?
I have a 10 year old 2003 Model Non CRDE Chain Drive Scorpio which has done 1,10,000 kms. I havnt faced any such issues. I had a Rear Leaf Spring broken on one side. That too not the main long patta but one of the shorter support patta. The whole leaf spring Assembly was changed for that side.

Styler
Old 15th January 2014, 21:37   #3668
BANNED

Quote:
I had my Scorpio LX Keys misplaced. My search for the last 3 days have been futile. I am using the duplicate key that came with the car. I do know that Scorpio LX came with Immobilzer option. I need to take an action to ensure safety of my car. Appreciate quick answers: 1. Can I ask the dealer to change the immobilizer code and seek their support get another duplicate key? 2. Procure after market steering lock / Gear lock to provide extra security while my search for the original keys is going on (Not sure for how long I would search though) 2. Change the complete ignition key unit. I checked the price for LX. It is coming around Rs. 5400 + Labor. I am guessing it would be around 7k in total. I would like to consider this if no other option is available Best Regards,
First step - dealer can de-allocate the lost key from cars computer. Need to visit the dealer
Second step - can order a duplicate key through dealer and then reallocate both keys. Duplicate keys might take 20 days to arrive
spkingsley is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 13:14   #3669
BHPian

I got the misplaced keys finally after a prolonged search. I had given up and ordered a new set of keys from MandM when I got the key.

Here is the process one needs to take if you ignition key is lost:
1. Go the service center (authorized) and give a written letter along with a copy of your RC Book
2. Service center would send a mail to the manufacturer requesting for replacement keys
3. Once the keys come to the service center, take your car and have the immobilizer codes changes.

The whole cost is approx 1750. This was an eye-opener for me. I was of the opinion that Service Center would use this opportunity to fleece me off with a new ignition kit
Old 21st January 2014, 13:35   #3670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
3. Once the keys come to the service center, take your car and have the immobilizer codes changes.
How do you take the car to dealer if immobilizer was really working and your keys were lost?
Old 21st January 2014, 17:15   #3671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
How do you take the car to dealer if immobilizer was really working and your keys were lost?
In his case, he had lost one, the other was still with him. But if both are lost, I guess we would have to tow the vehicle.
Old 21st January 2014, 17:22   #3672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
I had the other set of key with me luckily
Old 24th January 2014, 15:24   #3673
BHPian

Hi,

I had got some Coolant pipes changed about a year back at Mahindra Authorised Workshop in Delhi.
They had filled up a Red Colored Coolant at that time.
Now my coolant level went down due to a small leak in a small pipe. I have got that fixed. I want to top-up the coolant, but somehow the Red coolant is hard to find.
Does anybody know what is the red coolant that I can buy from the market to top-up ?
If Red coolant is not available is it safe to mix the usual green coolant with red coolant or will I have to drain out the red coolant completely before filling up the green coolant.

Styler

Last edited by Styler : 24th January 2014 at 15:30.
Old 24th January 2014, 15:28   #3674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Hi,

I had got some Coolant pipes changed about a year back at Mahindra Authorised Workshop in Delhi.
They had filled up a Red Colored Coolant at that time.
Now my coolant level went down due to a small leak in a small pipe. I have got that fixed. I want to top-up the coolant, but somehow the Red coolant is hard to find.
Does anybody know what is the red coolant that I can buy from the market to top-up ?
If Red coolant is not available is it safe to mix the usual green coolant with red coolant ? or will I have to drain out the red coolant completely before filling up the green coolant.

Styler
AFAIK, there is nothing special about the red coolant, should be possible to mix the two.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 15:38   #3675
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Hi,

===========
If Red coolant is not available is it safe to mix the usual green coolant with red coolant or will I have to drain out the red coolant completely before filling up the green coolant.

Styler
Red coolant is unusual and unheard of. I thought mine is peculiar case as my Scorpio mHawk has purple'ish coolant filled inside. Never bothered to check with the ASC guys though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks