Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 11:53   #3571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
Its the Odometer having a small digital meter showing Kms and Time. Speed is shown by the needle not working now. Tachometer is working fine.

My extended Shield warranty expired in April this year. Can Mahindra still replace it?
Mahindra will replace it, but at a cost to you, and it would be advisable to have it done at the A.S.S. only
Old 29th August 2013, 16:15   #3572
BHPian

Thank you sir...can u give me an idea of the cost of replacing the instrument cluster...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Mahindra will replace it, but at a cost to you, and it would be advisable to have it done at the A.S.S. only
Old 29th August 2013, 17:21   #3573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
Thank you sir...can u give me an idea of the cost of replacing the instrument cluster...
It would be around Rs. 5000.00 + labour charges. Better you visit the A.S.S. & get the correct price.
Old 29th August 2013, 17:54   #3574
BHPian

Thankyou for the replies. The sound was from compressor bearing and had it replaced by an AC technician outside the ASC. The grinding sound I mentioned is from the bearing and the kat kat sound I mentioned is due to the wobble in the pulley which again is due the bearing. The sound increased and so I kept the vechicle unused. Finally took it to the technician yesterday. Not using the vehicle proved to be good decision. 5 more kilometers and it would have ceased on the road. By the time I reached the technician(hardly 5 km from my home) the compressor was so hot that the burning oil/grease smell entered the closed car and the sound became too harsh.

Total cost was Rs.6500/- for a new pulley(original), bearing, coil, clutch and gas. Not sure if this price is reasonable, but there was no other option considering the state of the car. ASC quoted 20k for new compressor and comes to around 30k including taxes, labour and Receiver Drier(which is supposed to be changed along with compressor).

Sound vanished and the AC chills again. The AC technician did not install the turbo inlet hose properly and there was hissing noise past 2000 rpm. Everything looks normal now after a DIY adjustment job of the hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I too noticed similar noise in our Xylo E8 ABS that has run 181KKms.
We (I and 2-3 different mechanics) were unable to trace the noise so left it on its own.

If possible, I will record it and upload here to get idea of the same.
In my case, the kat kat sound was because of the pulley wobble which I noticed later. If you watch the compressor pulley carefully, you can see it wobble whenever the sound comes. Do check for this wobble, this wobble helped me isolate the sound source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
AC compressors can be repaired at the open market and the required spare parts too are available. The ASC of course will not repair them and will sell them as a complete assembly costing around 15k INR.
Thankyou, got the parts replaced. The replaced pulley is original HCC, but the clutch and coil are from a different company though made in Korea. The ASC cost for going towards 30k, so got it done outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
it is only a vibration which i feel is little excessive compared to normal and also vibrates while the car is moving aswell,hence lil concerned .
I had the gear lever vibration in my Scorpio. It was almost an inch to both sides of the lever. This would occur during idle as well as when the engine was under stress. Changing the engine mounts solved this.
Old 30th August 2013, 16:31   #3575
BHPian

Anand Mahindra tweeted today about a new android app "With you hamesha". Looks interesting and helpful. Let's hope it serves the purpose too.

Link to the app is here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ymahindra.Live
Old 2nd September 2013, 11:53   #3576
BHPian

Hi
Time for new set of tyres for my 1,02,000 km done Non CRDE Scorpio with 15" Tyres (235 75 R15).
My original tyres were Bridgestone with Tube and lasted me 65,000 km.
Next Change at 65000 km were Hankook RA03 Tubeless and they are almost gone now, after just 37,000 kms . I did 2 Leh Trips with these, and one tyre had wires coming out, and another one has lost shape and is bloating at one side.

Now I want Bridgestone Dueller Tubeless 235/75/R15 . I called my friendly Tyre shop in Khan Market and have been told that The Bridgestone Dueller Tubeless are not available in 15" size, only with Tube are available in this size.
The other option is Yokohoma Tubeless in this size for 7400 a tyre.

Now I need help and suggestions on what to do, and need some answers.
1. Are Bridgestone Dueller 15" Tubeless Tyres really discontinued ?
2. Is it possible to fit 16" Tyres on the old Chain drive Scorpio if I change Rims ? Pros and Cons of doing this if this is possible ?
3. What is the best option for me ?

Thanks
Styler

Last edited by Styler : 2nd September 2013 at 11:54.
Old 2nd September 2013, 12:28   #3577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
What is the best option for me ?
Bridgestone India site still lists the size that you want, so not sure why the tyre shop owner said that they are discontinued:

http://www.bridgestone.co.in/SelectT...atio=75&dia=15

I think MRF Wanderer also comes in this size; you might want to check that out too.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 14:13   #3578
BHPian

Dear Styler,
Answers in bold included.

Quote:

Now I need help and suggestions on what to do, and need some answers.
1. Are Bridgestone Dueller 15" Tubeless Tyres really discontinued ?
A-Fresh stocks have not been made available since last quarter or so. Even though there is no official news on whether it is discontinued, but you will not find this in stock of major tyre guys.
2. Is it possible to fit 16" Tyres on the old Chain drive Scorpio if I change Rims ? Pros and Cons of doing this if this is possible ?
A- Yes, I don't see any problems with that unless some wheel guru's have any different opinion.
3. What is the best option for me ?
A- MRF Wanderer's AT are the best choice in the size you are looking for. Do check them.

Thanks
Styler
Best,
TheG2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 11:19   #3579
BHPian

I guess if Bridgestones are not available the consensus is towards Yokohomas. What would be the average life of the Yokohoma Geolander AT ? Any recommendations of a good place in South Delhi / Gurgaon to buy. I just spoke to Rajat Gupta of Tyre Emporium listed on Team-Bhp and he quoted 6500 a tyre for Yokohomas. I guess that is a great price.
Old 3rd September 2013, 11:38   #3580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations of a good place in South Delhi / Gurgaon to buy.
Have you checked out Star Wheels at Atul Kataria chowk? Deepak Kataria is the owner.
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:43   #3581
BHPian

Dear all,
Since I am new to the forum, let me introduce my beast. I have a CRDe Slx model, white in colour. There are 3 things troubling my beast at the moment.

1. One of the front AC vent is broken. I plan to replace them with the new type AC vents. I assume the new type AC vents can be easily fitted.
Anyone knows how much they cost?
2. The front bumper has become loose and there is a gap between the front grill and the bumper like that of a Bolera. This is predominantly on the left side.
Is it just remove and refit job or is there more to it?
3. The driver side door does not open when the second row door is open as it blocks it. The driver side door is misaligned and needs adjusted.
Is it a difficult job? My regular FNG guy refused to do it and suggested to visit the ASC.

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

Best,
Old 4th September 2013, 02:09   #3582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheG2 View Post
Dear all,
Since I am new to the forum, let me introduce my beast. I have a CRDe Slx model, white in colour. There are 3 things troubling my beast at the moment.

1. One of the front AC vent is broken. I plan to replace them with the new type AC vents. I assume the new type AC vents can be easily fitted.
Anyone knows how much they cost?
2. The front bumper has become loose and there is a gap between the front grill and the bumper like that of a Bolera. This is predominantly on the left side.
Is it just remove and refit job or is there more to it?
3. The driver side door does not open when the second row door is open as it blocks it. The driver side door is misaligned and needs adjusted.
Is it a difficult job? My regular FNG guy refused to do it and suggested to visit the ASC.

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

Best,
Simply go to the ASC and ask them to fix all of these niggles that you have with the scorpio. Shouldn't cost an arm and a leg and in less than a day they can hand over the scorpio back to you.
Old 4th September 2013, 14:53   #3583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Simply go to the ASC and ask them to fix all of these niggles that you have with the scorpio. Shouldn't cost an arm and a leg and in less than a day they can hand over the scorpio back to you.
Dear rjstyles,
Thank you for your valuable input.

I have stopped visiting the ASC and visit it only for regular service. The reason I was checking was to see if anyone has already faced some of these issues and have anything important to add.

Best,
Old 4th September 2013, 22:27   #3584
BHPian

Okay bought 4 Yokohama Geolander AT-S 235/75/R15 for 26K from Tyre Emporium Malviya Nagar. Got free Balancing and Alignment. On the whole happpy experience. Tomorrow I drive to Chandigarh so will be in a position to give a feedback after this.
The recommended air preasure on the door sticker of the Scorpio says 29/31 psi. When I asked the Tyre Shop Owner he recommended 35 psi, and when I got home and checked with my digital meter the preassure was 37 psi in 2 tyres and 39 psi in the other two. No wonder the ride wasn't too smooth.
What is the recommended pressure for the Scorpio ?
Old 4th September 2013, 23:10   #3585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Okay bought 4 Yokohama Geolander AT-S 235/75/R15 for 26K from Tyre Emporium Malviya Nagar. Got free Balancing and Alignment. On the whole happpy experience. Tomorrow I drive to Chandigarh so will be in a position to give a feedback after this.
The recommended air preasure on the door sticker of the Scorpio says 29/31 psi. When I asked the Tyre Shop Owner he recommended 35 psi, and when I got home and checked with my digital meter the preassure was 37 psi in 2 tyres and 39 psi in the other two. No wonder the ride wasn't too smooth.
What is the recommended pressure for the Scorpio ?
No rocket science here, I usually leave it at 32/33 .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks