Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 11:53   #3496
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
You can expect an FE drop if the ASS has overdosed your car with diesel fuel additives. This is temporary, and FE should improve after 500-1000 km (2-3 tankfuls - don't add any additive to the diesel at this stage). A quick way to speed up FE improvement is to flash the ECU by disconnecting the battery for a short while, then reconnecting.

Also expect an FE drop if they've flushed or decarbonised your engine. Just have patience for 1000 km and things ought to come back to normal again.
Will the ECU be flashed just by disconnecting the battery terminals ? Or is there any specific way I should follow ?
Old 9th July 2013, 12:03   #3497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Will the ECU be flashed just by disconnecting the battery terminals ? Or is there any specific way I should follow ?
Check the first post of this thread for details of how to reset ECU.
Old 9th July 2013, 12:38   #3498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Check the first post of this thread for details of how to reset ECU.
Thanks a lot SST sir, will do this today itself.
Old 9th July 2013, 13:21   #3499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Riju is rjstyles Anup Sir , please check his posts on this page.
My apologies!

However I find his figures almost absurd. They are not even being checked with any rigour.
Such figures can only be obtained to prove a point but are not achievable in day to day driving.
Old 9th July 2013, 13:43   #3500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Riju is rjstyles Anup Sir , please check his posts on this page.
Rajesh I prefer to leave the nitpickers behind when they think they are the gods of everything and it aint of any value to me to prove a point to these folks . You know figures get absurd in such instances.

Here is what other members have reported

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Recently on a highway trip i too had got 16.4Kmpl,i had kept speeds between 85-95 throughout the trip to avoid a speeding ticket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Now for some stats:
Total kilometers clocked-2600 approx.
Best mileage-15.05 kmpl
Worst mileage-13.09 kmpl
Avg mileage on 2 tankups-14.18 and 13.67 kmpl.
And what mileage figures I have quoted are from my trips to Kannur,Wayanad and a bit of city driving. I leave to office as early as 5am to beat the traffic and get back by 4pm.
My scorpio has just gone in for service at Chrome Motors today, will update my ownership thread in a few days on the mileage figures within the city.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 9th July 2013 at 13:52.
Old 9th July 2013, 14:28   #3501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
My apologies!

However I find his figures almost absurd. They are not even being checked with any rigour.
Such figures can only be obtained to prove a point but are not achievable in day to day driving.
11Kmpl in city limits and 15Kmpl on highways is very much achievable on mHawk engines Anup Sir. Myself, along with few others here have got these figures. Minimum of 12.5 - 13kmpl is very possible even if you are driving really hard on highways
Old 9th July 2013, 14:33   #3502
BHPian

Quote:

Rajith, even you need to get it checked, look at Riju's mileage numbers, he's talking about 15+, and as a matter of fact, I used to get 14+ with 100% AC sometime back. Now it has dropped to 7/8kmpl, this is my worry.
Rajesh this my 2nd Scorpio.3rd bolero and 2nd thar.never got above 11km per ltr in any machine.I'm keeping quiet.
Old 9th July 2013, 15:19   #3503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Rajesh this my 2nd Scorpio.3rd bolero and 2nd thar.never got above 11km per ltr in any machine.I'm keeping quiet.
I can vouch for 14-14.5 figures,they can be achieved pretty easily while cruising on open highway with 100% Ac at speeds between 90-95.16.4 was achieved while cruising at 85-95 without AC.
Old 9th July 2013, 15:54   #3504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post

I can vouch for 14-14.5 figures,they can be achieved pretty easily while cruising on open highway with 100% Ac at speeds between 90-95.16.4 was achieved while cruising at 85-95 without AC.
Hi,
Your right.my driver gives me 14kmpl for 95km per hr speed with 100% ac. But I'm a heavy footer.with a Scorpio one need to just fly off..sorry I'm a restless driver for all my machines.
Old 9th July 2013, 16:18   #3505
BHPian

I'm facing the below issues my mhawk-AT
1. Tyre pressure monitor is continuously blinking for all 4 tyres, no beep sound though - thought this has to got to do with some tyre pressure being low. Got the tyre pressure checked, i use nitrogen. Then got a wheel balancing / alignment also done. No respite, the problem continues.

2. ABS and Hand-brake lights are always on. Tried number of times to explain service center manager and representatives. I also told them about the "flash" remedy by connecting laptop. No change, the lights continue to be on. One of the service center representative told me ABS has to be replaced

Any pointers to above issues will be helpful.

Regards
Rajesh
Old 9th July 2013, 17:44   #3506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post
1. Tyre pressure monitor is continuously blinking for all 4 tyres, no beep sound though - thought this has to got to do with some tyre pressure being low. Got the tyre pressure checked, i use nitrogen. Then got a wheel balancing / alignment also done. No respite, the problem continues.

2. ABS and Hand-brake lights are always on. Tried number of times to explain service center manager and representatives. I also told them about the "flash" remedy by connecting laptop. No change, the lights continue to be on. One of the service center representative told me ABS has to be replaced

Any pointers to above issues will be helpful.

Regards
Rajesh
Tpms can be easily corrected thru L5 mode due to improper tyre rotations you did or faulty sensors.

Abs can't be commented with out a check.
Old 10th July 2013, 10:23   #3507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post

1. TPMS - Use the L5 reset and see if it works, else disconnect the battery terminals and reconnect.

2. ABS - Ask the A.S.S. people to check the ABS harness, the wiring is pretty vast and could have been damaged. (Have you checked if the ABS is working ?)

3. Handbrake Light - This may be due to a faulty connection / switch ask them to check.
Old 14th July 2013, 17:36   #3508

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Guys ,

Any idea what this light indicates? It popped up 3 days ago and stays there even after taking the key off ignition.
This indicates water in the fuel. Best not to drive if this indicator does not go off after the ignition. The trouble is the engine may need service if you do.
Old 15th July 2013, 14:52   #3509
BHPian

Done the ECU reset over the weekend and filled up the tank today, will observe the mileage and update here.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 17:48   #3510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaraman View Post
This indicates water in the fuel. Best not to drive if this indicator does not go off after the ignition. The trouble is the engine may need service if you do.
Scorpio has the Fuel - Water separator, the user manual guides how to drain off the water. I think the process is available somewhere on this thread also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks