Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2013, 07:45   #3406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujatwork View Post
I searched around all possible nooks and corners but it seems elusive. Pls guide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
This is for the only Scorpio that I have, which is a 2006 model.It could be a different layout in the later models.
Nothing really has changed from 2006 to the refreshed Mhawk. The jack is still under the front passenger seat and the jack rod sits under the center row seat.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 11:00   #3407
Senior - BHPian

Ladies and gentlemen, a very basic naive question but I need the answer.

Where is the toolbox kept in the Scorpio VLX 4x4 ?

Yesterday I was driving it after a long time and after parking it was checking the air pressure when I noticed that a bottle type jack , similar to a Landcruiser's jack was under the passenger seat.

For the very first time i hauled myself on the back and looked under the middle seat where I think the jacks rods are placed.

Where is the rest of the stuff specially the tube wench to lower the spare tyre. There is a single key rinch in a plastic sleeve inside the glove compartment as well, what is this.

I tried lifting the back seat. I was alone no driver or anyone to help. I managed to fold the middle seat by turning a lever forward. There was another lever behind that, I lifted the lever but failed to lift the middle seat forward. How is this done.
Old 8th May 2013, 11:06   #3408
shimshumara

Desert Fox, Not spending much time / effort to understand your definition of a "tool box" here are some location of the necessary & essential tools in a Scorpio (almost all models).

1. Jack - Under the passenger seat. Just hold the main body turn it on either side to loosen it up and it comes out
2. Wheel Spanner (L shaped) and Jack Rod - both are under the last seat (presuming its a front facing 3 seater), held by velcro.
3. There will be a small plastic case with a set of spanner, screw driver etc in the glove box, but i have never had any use of them over past 7 years.
4. The spare tyre is under the body at the rear end and the access is through a nut held on the inside floor towards the rear door. You could use the same L Spanner.

Old 8th May 2013, 11:13   #3409
shimshumara

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
Guys a small query, I have been regularly getting my vehicle serviced from VVC motors which is an authorized Mahindra outlet. I have noticed a discrepancy in the billing and I am not sure if it is right or wrong but just wanted to clarify.

In the bill the description of the part and then quantity and then the tax of 14.5% and the rate with tax is printed and at the end when we sum it up, to the total a VAT of 14.5% is charged again. Is this genuine or the dealer trying to fleece the customers.

Another query was regarding the 50 K service where the hubs are greased. The major service price has been increased from 2700 to 3150. So ideally the hub greasing is supposed to be completed under this right (If I am not wrong). I was charged extra 1350 for hub greasing front two and rear hub greasing one for 900 which totalled to 2250 which did not make any sense. I may be wrong but just wanted to check if this has happened with anyone.

From 1100D's post found that his Clutch master cylinder was replaced under warranty but I had to shell out 1816.59 even though my vehicle was under the extended warranty.

Request the gurus to clarify my doubt. Thanks in advance.
Thanks Octane, I just gave my Scorpio for 55K Service at VVC / Hitech City.
I too have this problem of hard clutch and this service advisor suggested i get a complete "overhaul" done. When I asked him what he means by that, he said they would replace the Master, along with other 3 components and overall it would come to around 14500.00. I had faced a similar issue for my earlier Scorpio and got it replaced under warranty. Now I have asked him to go ahead as I had problems with sticky clutch pedal and also hardening.

Thanks for the tip on invoicing, i will definitely check when i get this tomorrow.
  (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 11:37   #3410
Senior - BHPian

There is only one single spanner in the glove box and a spare bulb, no screwdriver or anything else. My Scorpio has a front facing middle seat but side facing 3rd row seats.
Old 8th May 2013, 17:47   #3411
BHPian

Guys ,

Any idea what this light indicates? It popped up 3 days ago and stays there even after taking the key off ignition.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-meter-light.jpg  

Old 8th May 2013, 18:17   #3412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Guys ,

Any idea what this light indicates? It popped up 3 days ago and stays there even after taking the key off ignition.
Not sure but the symbol & the color looks like a 'malfunction indicator light' or MIL. If this is the case, the it signifies some problem with the electronic fuel injection system including the ECM and sensors. It needs urgent attention.
Old 8th May 2013, 20:28   #3413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Not sure but the symbol & the color looks like a 'malfunction indicator light' or MIL. If this is the case, the it signifies some problem with the electronic fuel injection system including the ECM and sensors. It needs urgent attention.
Thanks for info saket77. The car is running fine and there is no change in the drive. Anyways will get it checked asap

Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 21:51   #3414
Senior - BHPian

Wads,

It does look like water in diesel filter warning lamp?? Experts can confirm.
Old 8th May 2013, 22:01   #3415
BHPian

I've been facing two problems guys

Problem No.1
Guys everytime my Scorpio gets back from the service centre a new problem crops up. The last time I had sent my vehicle for servicing, my reverse sensor stopped working. The ASC denies any responsibility and now I have to bear the cost of replacing the mirror assembly. Then I sent my car for an issue with the brakes. Within a couple of days the A/C cooling started going down and graduallt went down to nil. When I got the A/C fixed and got the car, there seems to be something wrong with the rear suspension. I have spoken to Mahindra Customer care and it's become totally useless. Twice I was assured that the "concerned person" would call back but I'm yet to receive a follow up call.

Problem No. 2
When I sent the car to the ASC for the A/c cooling job, I was told that the cooling coil has to be replaced. They told me that the compressor is making a sound and you must replace that too. When I asked what was wrong with the compressorn, I was told that they don't know. It's making a sound so just replace it. I told them to simply replace the cooling coil and see if the A/C works fine and then I'll take a call on getting the compressor replaced.

So they changed the cooling coil and the A/C seemed to work fine. Therefore, I haven't replaced the compressor. When they generated the bill, they charged me a total of Rs.14,707. Here's a breakup:

Rs.9,863 for the cooling coil
Rs. 1,800 for A/C Gas
Rs. 2,250 for Labor (Removing and Refitting)
Rs. 950 for A/C Leakage Test

Earlier they had simply charged Rs. 5,000 under General Ser & Paid Labour. However, since no servicing was done only the AC cooling coil was replaced, I insisted on a breakup of the amount. They fumbled around for almost 45 minutes before telling me that their "internet is not working" and then wrote the break up with a pen on the invoice. Can any of you guys please advise if the above mentioned charges are fair?
Old 8th May 2013, 22:29   #3416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshumara View Post
Thanks Octane, I just gave my Scorpio for 55K Service at VVC / Hitech City.
I too have this problem of hard clutch and this service advisor suggested i get a complete "overhaul" done. When I asked him what he means by that, he said they would replace the Master, along with other 3 components and overall it would come to around 14500.00. I had faced a similar issue for my earlier Scorpio and got it replaced under warranty. Now I have asked him to go ahead as I had problems with sticky clutch pedal and also hardening.

Thanks for the tip on invoicing, i will definitely check when i get this tomorrow.
Hi Shimshumara, do check the bill and also check for replacement under warranty or extended warranty if you have one. I have called Mahindra customer care and asked them for a clarification and with in 15 minutes I got a call from the SA in VVC. I explained him the bill and asked him if the 3150 is charged for service then why is hub greasing charged again and he said that is how it is. I asked him regarding the change under warranty for the clutch master and he said it would not be covered under warranty and then I quoted him that one of our member got it changed at Kolkatta under warranty and I have taken a print out of it. He asked me to come and meet the manager (which I will be doing in a day or two). Do let me know the outcome of your service experience.
Old 9th May 2013, 10:11   #3417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for info saket77. The car is running fine and there is no change in the drive. Anyways will get it checked asap

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Wads,

It does look like water in diesel filter warning lamp?? Experts can confirm.
You can refer to the owner's manual and there it will be clearly marked that what this light signifies. Please also update the thread once you find it. BTW, at times, even with a problem with fuel injection system, the car can show no apparent problems. In fact, even a disconnected/ faulty speedometer can throw up an MIL!
Old 9th May 2013, 16:18   #3418
BHPian

Thank you guys for helping me find the car jack location on a Scorpio.

Being used to a City and Corolla, no doubt I used to find a Mahindra very poor in fit, finish and ergonomics. But I was never prepared for this. You know, the Scorpio was standing on a ground as flat as a dinning table. I lifted it on the jack, removed the punctured front left wheel but could toss in a new wheel as the car needed to be lifted more. Can you imagine that the jack (yes, original!) isnt tall enough to go up as much as required! Holy cow, can a Co do this? I had to put the puncture wheel back in, remove the jack and place it on a brick to make it tall enough to lift the car enough for a new wheel to slip in! Well, the GC/tires of the car are standard, no modifications done - I have a fear of heights!

Some time back, the RACE guy came to rescue the car and said that water was filled up instead of collant in the last service done at an authorised outlet.

The Car's only good till it doesn't ask for help, I am sure now!
Old 10th May 2013, 16:42   #3419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujatwork View Post
Thank you guys for helping me find the car jack location on a Scorpio.

Being used to a City and Corolla, no doubt I used to find a Mahindra very poor in fit, finish and ergonomics. But I was never prepared for this. You know, the Scorpio was standing on a ground as flat as a dinning table. I lifted it on the jack, removed the punctured front left wheel but could toss in a new wheel as the car needed to be lifted more. Can you imagine that the jack (yes, original!) isnt tall enough to go up as much as required! Holy cow, can a Co do this? I had to put the puncture wheel back in, remove the jack and place it on a brick to make it tall enough to lift the car enough for a new wheel to slip in! Well, the GC/tires of the car are standard, no modifications done - I have a fear of heights!The Car's only good till it doesn't ask for help, I am sure now!
You can't compare the fit and finish of a Honda or a Toyota to a Mahindra. But on the other hand you cannot abuse the above brands like you can a Mahindra.

As for the tyre change I am sure that some thing was not being done right, I have never faced such a problem, the jack is adequate to raise the car and change the tyre.
Old 10th May 2013, 17:25   #3420
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys ,

As others said it could be MIL, or check engine light. However, its best to open the owners manual. There are many warning lamps as check engine, Engine oil warning, Water in diesel indicator etc,. The page describing the instrument cluster will have the full details on what is the meaning of the light

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks