Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2013, 21:53   #3376
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

I own a CRDe and have filled Shell diesel a couple of times with no issues at all.
I do not think the MHawk will be averse to it as well.
pl correct me, the referred one is "Shell Diesel with Fuel Economy" mentioned on their website ?

is this better than the typical Hi-Speed offered by IOCL / HPCL ?
Old 23rd April 2013, 09:45   #3377
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
is this better than the typical Hi-Speed offered by IOCL / HPCL ?
The same Pranav.

The reason I filled up Shell a couple of times is because I wanted to check the accuracy of my local petrol pump and while Shell indeed gave me around 5% increase in the fuel economy, I feel it is more due their pumps being precise than the quality of fuel.

I regularly fill "Sada/normal" diesel from my neighborhood HP pump, and this coupled with System-D for every alternate tank of diesel has kept Hariya's innards and me happy till date.

On the highway, I look for COCO pumps or pumps where I see local trucks and luggage autos filling fuel and drive into them.
Old 23rd April 2013, 13:56   #3378
BHPian

Quote:
The same Pranav.

The reason I filled up Shell a couple of times is because I wanted to check the accuracy of my local petrol pump and while Shell indeed gave me around 5% increase in the fuel economy, I feel it is more due their pumps being precise than the quality of fuel.

I regularly fill "Sada/normal" diesel from my neighborhood HP pump, and this coupled with System-D for every alternate tank of diesel has kept Hariya's innards and me happy till date.

On the highway, I look for COCO pumps or pumps where I see local trucks and luggage autos filling fuel and drive into them.
I'm planning to start using System D on my Scorpio CRDe which is currently at 98k. So far I've been using only normal fuel. Any idea if it is ok to start using System D at 98k? Is there any risk of clogging assuming that there is carbon buildup till now?

I did not use System D before because I read mixed reactions of System D use with CRDI engines. But now I wanted to try this as I feel there is considerable power loss in my vehicle and I think carbon build up may be a reason. Your use of System D with CRDe gives some relief that it is safe with a Scorpio CRDe.

Thanks.
Old 23rd April 2013, 14:28   #3379
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
So far I've been using only normal fuel. Any idea if it is ok to start using System D at 98k? Is there any risk of clogging assuming that there is carbon buildup till now?
There is no harm in using Sys-D in the engine at 98k kms since it removes the clogging, if any, very gradually and does not have any adverse affects. My friend who has a CRDe too, has begun to use it at 102k kms and has had no issues.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 18:54   #3380
BHPian

I have installed aux lights on my Scorpio and was looking to get standard switch for it (simillar to ones on the dashboard). I couldnt get it in local market hence had ordered at Global Gallerie couple of months back.

Now yesterday I was informed that they have these switches. I collected these today only to be surprised that they are very expensive - Rs.405 a piece. These are rear defogger switches which I would like to use for aux lamps. There are two unused oval slots on the dashboard where I can put these switches and connect aux lamps.

Only benefit here is that since these are OEM switches and placed in provisioned slots, will not look any different.

Still I am happy with the purchase and will post pics after installation.

Last edited by amk_2009 : 23rd April 2013 at 19:00.
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:36   #3381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk_2009 View Post
... These are rear defogger switches which I would like to use for aux lamps. There are two unused oval slots on the dashboard where I can put these switches and connect aux lamps.
Have you checked the current rating of these switches?
The defogger consumes far far less current than fog lamps do.
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:37   #3382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have installed aux lights on my Scorpio and was looking to get standard switch for it (simillar to ones on the dashboard). I couldnt get it in local market hence had ordered at Global Gallerie couple of months back.

Now yesterday I was informed that they have these switches. I collected these today only to be surprised that they are very expensive - Rs.405 a piece. These are rear defogger switches which I would like to use for aux lamps. There are two unused oval slots on the dashboard where I can put these switches and connect aux lamps.

Only benefit here is that since these are OEM switches and placed in provisioned slots, will not look any different.

Still I am happy with the purchase and will post pics after installation.
Needless to say but make sure you mount good quality relays for these lights, Minda or better makes, Bosch if available there. Maybe a good relay came in your box with the lights along with the wiring harness. I did get these with my Hella Rally lights.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:39   #3383
BANNED

Quote:
Now yesterday I was informed that they have these switches. I collected these today only to be surprised that they are very expensive - Rs.405 a piece.
Need a favor from you. Can you please check if they have any more of these and if they do, pick up two pieces and put them on a KSRTC Volvo or courier them.
I will pay for them by transferring funds to your account.
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:39   #3384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
I'm planning to start using System D on my Scorpio CRDe which is currently at 98k. So far I've been using only normal fuel. Any idea if it is ok to start using System D at 98k? Is there any risk of clogging assuming that there is carbon buildup till now?

I did not use System D before because I read mixed reactions of System D use with CRDI engines. But now I wanted to try this as I feel there is considerable power loss in my vehicle and I think carbon build up may be a reason. Your use of System D with CRDe gives some relief that it is safe with a Scorpio CRDe.

Thanks.
It is good with all Diesel engines. I am useing it in MDI engine of Bolero and XDP3 of my MM550 Jeep the results are good, will use it in my M Hawk too in the Scorpio it is much more ecnomical then what they force upon you at Mahindra Service.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:19   #3385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
These are pair of HID lamps of 55 watts each with relays. I am using them since last almost 3 years without any issues. Current switch I am using is usual on/off switch sold in any accessory store.

There is no technical info printed on the switch or packaging. Would there be any issue to use it for these lamps?

Now I checked and rather than simple contact maker, it has small circuit embeded which I think enables it's toggle operation. Not sure if it can survive 110 watts combined load. Anything I can add to this setup to use this switch without any fear? I dont want to cut anywhere on the dashboard to add nonOEM switch. Current switch is just hanging out of the dashboard for last 3 years.
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:57   #3386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post

Needless to say but make sure you mount good quality relays for these lights, Minda or better makes, Bosch if available there. Maybe a good relay came in your box with the lights along with the wiring harness. I did get these with my Hella Rally lights.
Yes, these lamps are with relays and are in use for last 3 years. Initially they were halogens and later converted to HID around 6 months back.

Quote:
Need a favor from you. Can you please check if they have any more of these and if they do, pick up two pieces and put them on a KSRTC Volvo or courier them.
I will pay for them by transferring funds to your account.
Certainly. I will check for additional switches and let you know.

Last edited by amk_2009 : 23rd April 2013 at 23:00.
Old 24th April 2013, 06:25   #3387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These are pair of HID lamps of 55 watts each with relays. ....
If there are relays for each bulb you have nothing to fear.
The current handled by the OEM switches will be very small; the rest will be handled by the relays.
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 20:01   #3388
BHPian

This spring fell off near the pedals today while driving, I think this is from the clutch pedal. On peeping under the dash board, I could find a small rod attached to the clutch pedal which I assume holds one end of this spring. I could not locate where the other end goes.

Do I have to get this spring replaced immeditely? How important is this spring and what is its function?

I also noticed a switch which is being pressed by the clutch pedal when clutch is released. What is the function of this switch? The spring action of this is crisp. It came out slowly when I pressed the clutch. Added to that, the rubber on the clutch pedal which pushes the switch has a deep pit(result of pressing the switch for 98k km, it is deeper than how it looks in the pic). I'm not sure if this rubber will be available. Is it necessary to take any action here with regards to the rubber/slow switch?

Thankyou
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-250420131274.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-250420131276.jpg  

Last edited by asdfvinay : 25th April 2013 at 20:09.
Old 26th April 2013, 13:30   #3389
BHPian

My scorpio sle 40k service cost is near 10k. Does this mean that Scorpio will become a white elephant to maintain in near future ?
Old 26th April 2013, 14:18   #3390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
My scorpio sle 40k service cost is near 10k. Does this mean that Scorpio will become a white elephant to maintain in near future ?
40k is the 1st major service for the mHawk Scorp, so I wouldn't worry too much about it turning into a White Elephant just yet.

Even my Scorpio's 40k service cost close to Rs.9000, elaborated here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3052321

Cheers,
Vikram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks