Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 15:47   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Razor, outside smells coming in inspite of being in recirculation is a known folly with the Mahindra's.
Old 6th June 2009, 08:51   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
Thats probably the compressor clutch engainging / disengaging. This happens when:
===========
I don;t understand, if its cooling fine then what is your grievance. Is it only the noise? Have you had it checked at a qualified AC centre?
Hi, Thnx for the inputs.

Too much gas- checked and found right.
How do you service condensor- blow air at service centre?or is there any special way to do it?
condensor fan was not waorking, fuse had conked-done.
Thermostat has been set at max.

The condensor fan comes on immediately after switching off every time.

I do not find it same as even 2 months back,in 2 and 75% cooling settings on low in the mornings it will be cold , but now it is not so.
what else could be the reason. i also think it needs a thorough service as mine is nearing 4 years now.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th February 2019 at 07:29. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 6th June 2009, 13:30   #318
Senior - BHPian

Per se, AC systems do not require any 'service'. Intake filters and exterior of condenser & evaporator coils need to be cleaned. Nothing on the inside of the sealed system needs service.
Deterioration in cooling usually would get sorted out with the above maintenance. At most a gas top-up might be needed, but then this already tells you the system is not 'tight' as it should be. Gas loss through diffusion from rubber hoses is negligible.
As a general rule, the more the sealed system is tampered with the more problems can be expected because of very poor work ethic in India.
AC systems NEED to be TOTALLY free of moisture and dirt. Very few workshops can handle that even if they have the right equipment!
Old 7th June 2009, 23:01   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Razor, outside smells coming in inspite of being in recirculation is a known folly with the Mahindra's.
Thats because in those open, canopy hooded,soft-tops from M&M, that we used to drive, all smells and oriental perfumes coming from here, there and everywhere would enter our noses.How can a company with such a Transparent Smelling Option (TSO) backtrack and insulate occupants of its newer machines from these smells and perfumes?
One question I want to pose is what real precautions have to be taken to wash the Scorpio' s engine bay components, after opening the bonnet? The manual lists a whole lot of precautions but which ones are really to be taken cognisance of?
Old 10th June 2009, 23:38   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
...How do you service condensor- blow air at service centre?or is there any special way to do it?...

...i also think it needs a thorough service as mine is nearing 4 years now.
Go with what Anup has written below regards servicing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Per se, AC systems do not require any 'service'. Intake filters and exterior of condenser & evaporator coils need to be cleaned....
To clean the condensor, depending on how clogged it is, a simple wash with the jet spray (spread, not concentrated) at the local pump from inside outwards would do it. If its really blocked (can be visually inspected) then you need to remove it and do a thorough cleaning, but thats usually not needed and would involve gas recharge and associated costs.

Also, while you are at it, get the blower filter unit cleaned/replaced.

Ask a decent AC shop to do this...(please, not the chap who overcharged the system).
Old 13th June 2009, 15:05   #321
BHPian

Hi Guys, Need A Bit of Help !

My Scorpio went in for a 30K Kms. Service Today. There is no Oil Change as it was done on last service, and i maintain a 10k kms gap between oil changes, also suggested by the service advisor, opposed to the 15k changes advised by the Manual.

Apart from regular service, other problems reported are:
1. Doors and Seats Squeaks and Rattles.
2. Interior Roof Lights Not working at times.
3. Driver Side Door Lock Very Hard at times.
4. LHS Fog Lamp not working.
5. Clutch Slips Slightly, after 40-50Kms driving, especially in dense traffic and with A/C.
6. Turbo-Lag Bit prominent at times.

These are all minor jobs, and most of them will be done under service and warranty if need be.

About the Clutch Problem, S.A. says Mahindra claims clutch life to be 35-40k !! Now, this is new for me, as i have comfortably done 60-80k on my other cars, and IMO Scorpio's clutch is much more rugged than saloon's and small cars. So he suggests to keep driving till the time it gives up, as it is not covered under warranty(Extended in my case).

He is also insisting me to get the Fuel Pump serviced since the last service at 25k., which i politely refused. Reason: 1. Charges- Rs. 3000/- 2. No mention about this in the Service Manual. 3. Never Heard of fuel pumps being serviced just for maintenance. When i demanded details and need for this service, S.A. says it is a must Sir, as the Fuel Pump is a very costly part, and its repairs or replacement can cost as much as Rs.70-80k, and you must get it done. The fuel pump will be directly connected to a servicing machine, which will clean & optimise everything inside. I refused, as i was not convinced at all.

Further, he handed me a estimate of 4k, details:
1. Full Service Charges- Rs.1300/-
2. Injector Cleaner - Rs.600/- ( Refused, 600 for injector cleaning, rip-off, and is it needed at all? have been using liqui molly diesel additive at times. Rs.300- for a bottle, added to a tank full, instant result, with remarkable improvement in Pickup and Refinement)
3. Synthetic Lubricants - Rs.300/- (Refused, As per S.A., Sir these are imported synthetic lubricants, used on all nuts, bolts, locks and door hinges.)
4. Air Filter- Rs.450/- ( Will Be replaced if required)

Rest of the estimate, as per job.

Now, needed help from the experts. Am i right in refusing the above mentioned rip-off's. I strongly believe, that everything other than the scheduled maintenance and spare parts, these S.A.'s are being paid commissions to lure or scare customers to get all other craps done. i.e. fuel pump service, injector cleaning, etc.
Old 13th June 2009, 16:59   #322
BHPian

Exactly my kind of service experience where these thieves are ready to rob us ignorant customers. After being fooled once, I strictly tell them no for all such nuisance.

Between which is this service centre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
I strongly believe, that everything other than the scheduled maintenance and spare parts, these S.A.'s are being paid commissions to lure or scare customers to get all other craps done. i.e. fuel pump service, injector cleaning, etc.
Absolutely correct, I know this from a confirmed source.

Last edited by WanderNomad : 13th June 2009 at 17:01.
Old 13th June 2009, 17:32   #323
BHPian

SriDurga Auto at Rama Road, Moti Nagar
Old 13th June 2009, 17:38   #324
BHPian

Quote:
SriDurga Auto at Rama Road, Moti Nagar
I was also robbed at the same service centre.

Warning for all fellow tbhpians: The Service Advisors at Sri Durga Automobiles, Moti Nagar are actually thieves and disguise themselves as Service Advisors, please be cautious of them in future.
Old 13th June 2009, 18:16   #325
BHPian

I have been getting calls from Bhasin Motors (also an A.S.C. for Scorpio, next to SriDurga at Rama Road only) to give them a chance for servicing my Scorpio, and they are also offering 15%discount on Service charges. Although i was quite satisfied with SriDurga till now, but if this fleecing exercising continues i'll be forced to switch.
Old 13th June 2009, 18:30   #326
BHPian

Quote:
I have been getting calls from Bhasin Motors (also an A.S.C. for Scorpio, next to SriDurga at Rama Road only) to give them a chance for servicing my Scorpio, and they are also offering 15%discount on Service charges. Although i was quite satisfied with SriDurga till now, but if this fleecing exercising continues i'll be forced to switch.
Are you sure its in Moti Nagar because AFAIK its on Mathura Road. It it is then I shall certainly try them this time. I am already overdue for 30K service.
Old 13th June 2009, 18:43   #327
BHPian

They've a branch here, but I am not very sure, this is what the lady who called told me.
Old 15th June 2009, 12:03   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
.........Also, while you are at it, get the blower filter unit cleaned/replaced.

Ask a decent AC shop to do this...(please, not the chap who overcharged the system).
Folks,
After a through check it was found that the Thermostat switch is faulty, cuts off very fast.
Currently the line is directed and checked- A/c working fine. Awaiting replacement of that switch. How much does it cost for 2.6 crde? old type i am told.
tnx

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th February 2019 at 07:29. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 15th June 2009, 13:12   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
After a through check it was found that the Thermostat switch is faulty, cuts off very fast.
This, I presume, is the thermostat that cuts off the compressor at about 4° C to prevent frosting on the evaporator coils? Not user adjustable.
Is that the one?
Old 15th June 2009, 14:28   #330
BHPian

I hope this is the right place to post this. Yesterday I was reading about the Micro Hybrid Start-Stop technology employed in Scorpio and Bolero Vlx. If the vehicle is in neutral for 10secs, the engine switches off, and comes to life when you depress the clutch. Won't this affect the turbo charger? My understanding is that we need to idle turbo-charged engines for atleast 30 secs before shutting it down.

In jam-packed traffic I do agree that this feature won't harm the turbo because the chances of turbo spooling up are less and 10 secs of idle may be enough. However, with moderate traffic, I'm sure speeds will be higher and that turbo will come into play. What then?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks