Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2012, 23:36   #3151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

Scorpios have a self-healing ability on being provoked, unheard of in most other cars - try it once. My MicroHybrid and CC have misbehaved and auto-cured like this before.
+1 to that!
I have experienced the healing abilities of the Scorpio number of times myself.
The Scorpio will auto repair things that even the ASC can't.
Old 14th December 2012, 09:25   #3152
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
+1 to that!
The Scorpio will auto repair things that even the ASC can't.
LOL... yes - at the 80k km service last week, the car was taken out for a test drive after the jobs were done, and to check if all systems were working normally. The MicroHybrid system wasn't working, and the test driver (new fellow, someone I hadn't met before) said it will be looked into back at the service station.

I asked him to park on the side, turn off ignition, and start again. MicroHybrid was back to working perfectly.

Wish I could capture the look on the guy's face!
Old 14th December 2012, 14:13   #3153
BHPian

Re: Scorpio Brake Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Your original brake pads have lasted 65k kms?? If yes, then WOW! Please do share your driving style with us mortals

Cheers,
Vikram
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
1 - If the 1st set has lasted that long, then hallelujah !! I changed mine at 40k.
Mine is 69k and i still didnt see any issues with the brake pads but the clutch is starting to give issues.

i hear some "keech keech" noise when you press or release it. Also, its getting hard to slot the gear. service guys told me that i can carry on for another 2k kms but its getting hard to drive now.

Do i have to change the clutch plates?
Old 14th December 2012, 17:41   #3154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Mine is 69k and i still didnt see any issues with the brake pads but the clutch is starting to give issues.

i hear some "keech keech" noise when you press or release it. Also, its getting hard to slot the gear. service guys told me that i can carry on for another 2k kms but its getting hard to drive now.

Do you find it difficult to slot gears all the time? If it is just the second gear during first few minutes of drive every day, then it is common in winters. BTW, i'm living with this 'keech' noise from past 15k and the SA assures me there is no issue and the clutch doesn't need replacement as there is no loss of power or slip. The clutch is hard, but I have no issues in slotting gears.

Last edited by asdfvinay : 14th December 2012 at 17:44. Reason: Adding more text.
Old 14th December 2012, 17:46   #3155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Do you find it difficult to slot gears all the time? If it is just the second gear during first few minutes of drive every day, then it is common in winters.
Almost all the gears and sometimes it slips to slot in, then you have engage full clutch and try to slot it again. I didnt see any difference in pickup but its sound like a vehicle which is not serviced for a long time.
Old 15th December 2012, 15:22   #3156
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scorpio Brake Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
i hear some "keech keech" noise when you press or release it. Also, its getting hard to slot the gear.
Your clutch master cylinder is probably is on its way out. Check if you have blackish deposits inside the master cylinder reservoir. I don't think a CMC kit is available, but replacing the unit is a better option - costs about Rs.1850 + taxes + labour charges to replace.
Old 15th December 2012, 19:51   #3157
BHPian

Scorpio has got some silent updates and glaring omissions too.
Auto door lock has removed from the latest editions. This is what the service center claims, but I'm yet to get confirmation from Mahindra on the same. If it is true it is a shame, because we such an important feature has got removed even after 10K+ price hike in October :(, how much it would have costed ?? RS 200 more!.
Back suspension has got an upgrade. I dont know from when, this happend after the new XYLO, because it has got the same suspension.I have cross verified with the service center as well as cross checked with my brother's XYLO E9. Mine is 2012 October manufactured VLX, I'm not sure about the ride, but handling has become better for sure. It is still bumpy on bad roads @ slow speeds.Luckily I drive on good roads 90% times and ride is as good or event better than my Punto on good roads. It is a differnt story on slightly bumpy surface though.I will post the new rear suspesion setup's picture soon.

Last edited by BMW-X5 : 15th December 2012 at 19:53. Reason: spelling
BMW-X5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2012, 21:32   #3158
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Auto door lock has removed from the latest editions. This is what the service center claims, but I'm yet to get confirmation from Mahindra on the same. If it is true it is a shame, because we such an important feature has got removed even after 10K+ price hike in October :(, how much it would have costed ?? RS 200 more!.
When I told the guy who came for demo after our purchase that auto door lock was not working, he looked surprised but after checking that it really was not working, he called some number and then told me they would activate it at the workshop. Since I was not too interested in the feature, have not made a visit to the workshop yet - waiting for the first service to find out.
Old 17th December 2012, 10:04   #3159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Auto door lock has removed from the latest editions. This is what the service center claims, but I'm yet to get confirmation from Mahindra on the same. If it is true it is a shame, because we such an important feature has got removed even after 10K+ price hike in October :(, how much it would have costed ?? RS 200 more!..
The A.S.S. guys have no clue about the security system, ask them for the local Nippon Support persons number and call him home to activate this feature. Also ask for the Nippon Manual from the A.S.S. if you have not been supplied one with the car (earlier it was not coming as a part of the documentation)

Last edited by m_upreti : 17th December 2012 at 10:05.
Old 18th December 2012, 09:08   #3160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
... Also ask for the Nippon Manual from the A.S.S. if you have not been supplied one with the car (earlier it was not coming as a part of the documentation)
And I had posted a few scans of it long ago.
Here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1137405
Old 22nd December 2012, 10:49   #3161

I agree on the relationships part. The relationship need not be all friendly and praises, you could escalate and pull up the people too in relationships like these, in a professional customer - service agent relationship. It is a matter of being human and professional at the same time. Just because you want to be professional does not mean you have to be cut and dry while dealing with them. On the other hand, as professionals don't we all forge strong relations with peers, customers etc.? We as service providers like to be treated well and maintain good relationship with our customers. We should do onto other service providers what we expect as service providers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
No matter how professional the service personell are, a bit of charm works wonders. I have always found that decent behaviour, and sympathising with the problems of the service personell does not cost any thing except some time, but works wonders both for them and us.

We often criticise and crib on getting bad service, but how many comment on good service. If the service experience is good it deserves a pat in the back and as much advertising as bad experience!
Old 26th December 2012, 16:17   #3162
Senior - BHPian

For the past some time I am facing issues with my Nippon (OEM) music system. While it runs the original CD's / MP3's properly, the CD's burned on my laptop run as per the convenience of the player, some songs are skipped and in some there is no sound and some run perfectly (the same CD runs in other players). The USB & SD cards have never run on the system as it seems that the IC running those was shot (as per Nippon guy who wanted Rs.1600 for the fix).

I would have lived with the FM but the signal in my area (fag end of Navi Mumbai) is so weak that most of the channels are not even scanned.

Since, the car is already on its way to be phased out by me in the next few months I am not sure whether to get this system repaired (knowing Nippon they would charge anything between 1-2 K) or go for a Chinese one for about 2 K which luck favouring should last atleast 6 months.

Suggestions please
Old 26th December 2012, 23:07   #3163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The USB & SD cards have never run on the system as it seems that the IC running those was shot (as per Nippon guy who wanted Rs.1600 for the fix).
My USB & SD card didn't work in the beginning, but I got a PCB swap which got it back in working order. This was under warranty (2 years, offered by Nippon, and serviced by them, not at the ASC). Was told it was a common problem for all units installed at that time.
Old 26th December 2012, 23:54   #3164
BHPian

Quote:
Since, the car is already on its way to be phased out by me in the next few months I am not sure whether to get this system repaired (knowing Nippon they would charge anything between 1-2 K) or go for a Chinese one for about 2 K which luck favouring should last atleast 6 months.

Suggestions please
I'd suggest you to go for the USB only receiver(the one with USB/memory card and FM Radio but without CD). I think they are available in Pioneer, Blaupunkt and JVC for a little over 3k. The chinese players even if they last long are not a good option. These things become the face of the car when you want to sell the car and potentially can give a wrong impression that you have compromised on overall maintanance as well. I'd suggest selling the car with a non working OEM player than with a chinese player.
Old 27th December 2012, 09:23   #3165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
My USB & SD card didn't work in the beginning, but I got a PCB swap which got it back in working order. This was under warranty (2 years, offered by Nippon, and serviced by them, not at the ASC). Was told it was a common problem for all units installed at that time.
You are absolutely right, however my car had so many and much more critical issues during the first 2 years of ownership that this issue got buried down in that list and by the time I came to it the warranty had expired and these parts were not covered under the extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
I'd suggest you to go for the USB only receiver(the one with USB/memory card and FM Radio but without CD). I think they are available in Pioneer, Blaupunkt and JVC for a little over 3k. The chinese players even if they last long are not a good option. These things become the face of the car when you want to sell the car and potentially can give a wrong impression that you have compromised on overall maintanance as well. I'd suggest selling the car with a non working OEM player than with a chinese player.
This is a good suggestion I may after all shell out an extra 1 K

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks