Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2012, 23:41   #3106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow
Hi Guys,

Past the recent rains/cyclone, I see water in my carpet. This is in the driver side foot well.
I found the carpet wet from the accelerator pedal till the window sill. lifted the mat and found that the water has been absorbed by the carpet.

Took it to the service center to understand the root cause of water entering the footwell area, They claim to say that the water could be from the cooling coil pipe. The water is due to condensation of the AC pipe and is dripping inside.

I'm still not convinced. The Service technician covered the pipe with the thermocol and asked to bring back if it reoccurs. Need your help/suggestions.

Thx,
Karthik

EDIT: Does anyone have experience with MPL at OMR in Chennai? The Service center does not have much space and I'm worried about giving it to service.
I guess it is true. I have experienced the same and have updated the same in my ownership thread too. Still i get a feel of cold water droplets on my left foot near clutch, after long drive with continous AC. I should also ask for that coating during next service.
Old 5th November 2012, 23:48   #3107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath
Is the engine still warm? If so, it could be the fan for all you know.
Else, the ECU is known to hum like a mosquito in the cabin and can be heard when the environment is very silent.
Took it to ASC Chrome motors and it was a quick diagnosis. Vacuum Modulator was the culprit and it was creating the vibration and noise. It was replaced under warranty. Mr. Achar who did this seemed to me like a reliable mechanic and as I know and have seen, Abhilash, the service advisor is relatively good problem solver. Request for a complimentary wash was also obliged ! Happy happy
Old 6th November 2012, 11:00   #3108

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
You can check for the Scorpio PS system with several Garages and Junk Dealers. May be they can find a solution similar to that mechanic of mine.
Just an update. I went by the advice of friends here, and got a 'kit' for the Power steering system (for 5.5K, from Palika Market in New Delhi) and got it replaced by a FNG. The leak is fixed and things are OK, for now- hope it says that way !

Thanks.
sm_1973 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 11:36   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharathScorp View Post
I guess it is true. I have experienced the same and have updated the same in my ownership thread too. Still i get a feel of cold water droplets on my left foot near clutch, after long drive with continous AC. I should also ask for that coating during next service.
You can try doing that and I will report if it occurs again. Till now it has not come up. Keeping fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Karthik,

Most of such cases in Scorpio, this is true. The cooling coil is the culprit and a simple foam pads around the tubing does the trick! I had it for both the rides I owned and the second one was addressed before it sprang a surprise on me
Thanks for the reponse Surya. My only concern was that I was wondering if the water was due to any external forces, kind of leakage inside the cabin. "Responses from previous owners instill a confidence in others."

Coming to the service center part, I met the hospitality manager yesterday. Did not seem to be a guy with good knowledge on vehicles. The technician who attended me, zeroed in saying that it was due to the cooling coil and packed it with some foam pads. Infact, he was swift in attending to the issue and closed it in 10 mins. Booked for service on Thursday morning. Will let you know the feedback.

Thx again. Rgds.....Karthik
Old 6th November 2012, 19:21   #3110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
There is no brake binding or clutch slippage. I intend to get the HP lines checked but the ASCs do not have the equipment required and hence I m looking for a reputed Bosch service centre at Bangalore.
If this doesn't lead to anything significant, I ll look at the UJs and their condition.
Do you feel that the EGR valve malfunction could be a reason for this?

The vehicle has been driven by very experienced mechanics and none of them could feel anything wrong with the clutch thus far, hence the dilemma.
Were you able to carry any further diagnostic and probable causes from experts/M&M? Would like to know the cause and its resolution.
Old 6th November 2012, 19:43   #3111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Were you able to carry any further diagnostic and probable causes from experts/M&M? Would like to know the cause and its resolution.
Nope, loaded with work and an overseas travel tomorrow so this has to wait for some time.
Old 21st November 2012, 17:49   #3112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
Hi Guys,

Past the recent rains/cyclone, I see water in my carpet. This is in the driver side foot well.
I found the carpet wet from the accelerator pedal till the window sill. lifted the mat and found that the water has been absorbed by the carpet.

Took it to the service center to understand the root cause of water entering the footwell area, They claim to say that the water could be from the cooling coil pipe. The water is due to condensation of the AC pipe and is dripping inside.

I'm still not convinced. The Service technician covered the pipe with the thermocol and asked to bring back if it reoccurs. Need your help/suggestions.

Thx,
Karthik

EDIT: Does anyone have experience with MPL at OMR in Chennai? The Service center does not have much space and I'm worried about giving it to service.
Jack,
This doesn't seem to be an AC condensation issue.

It would be the AC if you get a few drops, particularly over driving long distances with the AC on.

If you're getting more than a few drops, or even after driving short distances then it would mostly be the rainwater finding it's way into the cabin.
How does that happen? Well, there's this space between the fender, the front door and the engine compartment that serves as a drain for the rainwater that falls between the bonnet and the windshield. If you park your vehicle under a tree regularly, leaves will clog up that space and not allow the water to drain. Subsequently it will find it's way into the cabin.

When my Scorpio faced this problem during the rains, I took it to the ASC, and the service advisor took the high pressure washing spray and shoved it into this space. I was shocked to see the amount of muck stuck in there. Once everything was clear, I could see the water flowing freely down. Never had a rain-in-the-cabin problem after that.

Since then, I have been extracting whatever leaves my fingers can reach in an attempt to keep the clogging to a minimal.

Hope this helps.
Old 22nd November 2012, 20:40   #3113
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Guys I need some help urgently. I drive a Scorpio 2.6 DX ('04 Model) which has done 80k kms and has been driven and maintained with love. I have not even changed clutch plates till now and my love for the vehicle only increases by the day .

Now during the thrashing rains a couple of weeks ago in Bangalore, I noticed that the brake pedal was making some noise and I had to push the pedal all the way in to get a little bite. I took it to Sireesh service station (who my friends claim are BAD) in Jakkur and the service adviser took a quick look and showed me that my brake fluid was almost empty. He also claimed the 'brake booster' was shot and needs replacement. He also showed me some 'leak' that I couldn't really notice near the booster. And very coolly added that it would cost 15k to do the replacement!! I need to know if I should get a second opinion or is he taking me for a ride ?!?

Please advise and thanks in advance!!
Old 23rd November 2012, 00:42   #3114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
the service adviser took a quick look and showed me that my brake fluid was almost empty. He also claimed the 'brake booster' was shot and needs replacement. He also showed me some 'leak' that I couldn't really notice near the booster. And very coolly added that it would cost 15k to do the replacement!!
Surprising that the brake oil was completely empty. But if you saw an empty container, then there is little that you can do.

I would suggest you refill the brake oil and then examine for leaks, at an outside garage. If there are leaks in the brake lines, arrest them to begin with by changing the brake lines and then check for your booster functioning.

Also, if you want a second opinion, go the erstwhile SKS Automobiles on Hosur Road. They are open now, under some different name, and contact Suresh and give him my reference.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:26   #3115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He also claimed the 'brake booster' was shot and needs replacement. He also showed me some 'leak' that I couldn't really notice near the booster. And very coolly added that it would cost 15k to do the replacement!! I need to know if I should get a second opinion or is he taking me for a ride ?!?

Please advise and thanks in advance!!
If the brake booster has failed then the pedals usually become real hard and so does the stopping distance increase. Press your brake pedal with the engine switched off until it gets hard. Start the scorp and if the brake pedal comes back up and loosens up then it's good. Easiest way to find out if its working.

Go to another garage and get a 2nd opinion too. The M&M service centers have gotten notoriously expensive and is always hell bent on only replacing parts when an unsuspecting customer arrives. They are so bad that they charged me 60 bucks for cotton waste during my last service. Beat that !!
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:25   #3116
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
If the brake booster has failed then the pedals usually become real hard and so does the stopping distance increase. Press your brake pedal with the engine switched off until it gets hard. Start the scorp and if the brake pedal comes back up and loosens up then it's good. Easiest way to find out if its working.
Thanks Riju...will try this and check!!
Old 27th November 2012, 18:27   #3117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys I need some help urgently.
Here on the thread after ages...!
NIP - You could be loosing oil from the rear brake cylinders which tend to leak in the Scorpio after some time. No way is the brake booster gone going by the symptoms.The other possiblity is the brake master cylinder & reservoir leakage. Best to get a second opinion of course.
Old 6th December 2012, 12:56   #3118
BHPian

Scorpio Brake Pads

Friends,

I left my Scorpio at dealership for 65K service today. Got a call from adviser later telling me that Brake pads would last for another 2K only and slight leakage in 1 front and 1 rear shocker.

My questions:

1. Is it early or time to change pads at 65K kms?
2. Should I do it at dealership (cost ard. Rs.4.5K) or outside?
3. How long can i go with a leaking shocker and would it affect any other maechanical part if not replaced now?

Thanks in advance...
Old 6th December 2012, 13:41   #3119
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scorpio Brake Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
Friends,
My questions:

2. Should I do it at dealership (cost ard. Rs.4.5K) or outside?
3. How long can i go with a leaking shocker and would it affect any other maechanical part if not replaced now?

Thanks in advance...
1 - If the 1st set has lasted that long, then hallelujah !! I changed mine at 40k.
2 - Saves you the headache of scouting around in case its not available locally. Get it at the dealership's service center itself. The price difference outside might be miniscule.
3 - Replace it. Else its as good as driving a bullock cart. A small bump at a good click on the speedo can throw the car off balance. Why take chances ?
Old 6th December 2012, 13:44   #3120
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scorpio Brake Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
Your original brake pads have lasted 65k kms?? If yes, then WOW! Please do share your driving style with us mortals

Cheers,
Vikram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks