Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2012, 16:27   #2941
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Posting this for a colleague who owns a 1-month old Scorpio. Yesterday while driving to work, he found that braking was not happening. Noticed that ABS light had come on and also got a voice msg informing about brake issue. Somehow he safely got off the road. Service guys were called and they came and found that there was a hairline fracture in the fluid line from which the brake-fluid had leaked. Given the fact that they came with the replacement tube, looks like this issue is common. But for the new version Scorpio, the tube dimension was different and so the vehicle had to be towed to their workshop. Supposed to be delivered today after repair.

Since there are too many pages in this thread, it is tough to go and look if similar issue was reported earlier. Has anyone seen this issue with their Scorpio ? During the research stage of his buying the car, we had ruled out Safari mainly due to niggles, which could be a pain during initial ownership. But looks like the Scoprio itself is not bereft of niggles when new.
Boss scorpio is a supreme SUV, tried & tested in all conditions, no worries. One of the best beast to own.
Old 5th July 2012, 18:08   #2942
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
But looks like the Scoprio itself is not bereft of niggles when new.
Brakes lines usually do not crack, burst or leak. However, if it has happened to him, it is certainly a one off scenario which, to the best of my experience, will not be repetitive in nature.

The Scorpio is a pretty reliable vehicle with niggles restricted to the fancy gizmos like the VMS, the auto lights and wipers etc. Tell your friend not to worry and continue to enjoy his new ride. He will be satisfied.
Old 5th July 2012, 23:02   #2943
BHPian

All,

Noticed 1 more thing today while driving back home from office. Ran over 50 in 2nd gear and when I pressed the clutch to shift it to 3rd, I hear a grinding noise, does not happen over slow driving but the gear gets slotted into 3rd. Happens in all gears. Is this normal and would it settle down after the 1st service? Let me know!!

Mine has done just over 175 kms in the past 5 days.

Thx,
Karthik
Old 6th July 2012, 11:13   #2944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
All,

Noticed 1 more thing today while driving back home from office. Ran over 50 in 2nd gear and when I pressed the clutch to shift it to 3rd, I hear a grinding noise, does not happen over slow driving but the gear gets slotted into 3rd. Happens in all gears. Is this normal and would it settle down after the 1st service? Let me know!!

Mine has done just over 175 kms in the past 5 days.

Thx,
Karthik
Hi, which car were you driving earlier. If it was a petrol then ensure that you are pressing the clutch completely. Same thing used to happen to me when I graduatd from a WagonR to Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
A Small bush in the right side front door is missing.
Immediately get a replacement and carry a couple of spares, same thing happened to me after the first service and delay in replacement lead to rusting.

Last edited by m_upreti : 6th July 2012 at 11:16.
Old 6th July 2012, 11:22   #2945
BHPian

My Daily drive was an Innova and still have it with me. Also do have a swift. My exact problem is when I drive slow, the clutch is butter smooth, but when I drive a little fast in lower gears and press the clutch to upshift, it does not feel smooth. I hear a "grung" noise like the plate being brush onto a hard surface...Hope you are able to visulize the one that I'm saying now.

Rgds,
Old 6th July 2012, 15:42   #2946
BHPian

Hi, I recently bought a Scorpio VLX Automatic. Its a great ride. However I notice that every time I cross 80KMPH, there is a noise from the rear side of the car. This is not from the tyres since it goes away when I release the accelerator. The noise is somewhere between a whistle and a hum and it increases as the speed increases. Has anybody else encountered this problem?

I took it to the India Garage in whitefield road. They have been struggling with this since they are unable to identify the issue.

Instinct tells me its from the rear differential. Any views ?
Old 6th July 2012, 16:34   #2947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith
Boss scorpio is a supreme SUV, tried & tested in all conditions, no worries. One of the best beast to own.
Maybe, but a leaking brake line is not what one would associate with a new car. Hence my query.
BTW, your signature answers the age-old curiosity about where all the 6-7K odd Boleros are going month after month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath
The Scorpio is a pretty reliable vehicle with niggles restricted to the fancy gizmos like the VMS, the auto lights and wipers etc. Tell your friend not to worry and continue to enjoy his new ride. He will be satisfied.
Yes, hope he does not face any more issues like this. One can live with gizmos not working, but brakes not working would be a threatening situation.
Old 7th July 2012, 17:18   #2948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikrishnanm View Post
Hi, I recently bought a Scorpio VLX Automatic. Its a great ride. However I notice that every time I cross 80KMPH, there is a noise from the rear side of the car. This is not from the tyres since it goes away when I release the accelerator. The noise is somewhere between a whistle and a hum and it increases as the speed increases. Has anybody else encountered this problem?

I took it to the India Garage in whitefield road. They have been struggling with this since they are unable to identify the issue.

Instinct tells me its from the rear differential. Any views ?
If the noise varies with the road speed (and not engine speed), then it is surely from the drive train. The culprits in the order of probability are
. Rear differential
. Drive shaft - may be rubbing some where
. Brakes - slight binding.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 22:43   #2949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy

If the noise varies with the road speed (and not engine speed), then it is surely from the drive train. The culprits in the order of probability are
. Rear differential
. Drive shaft - may be rubbing some where
. Brakes - slight binding.
Yes. They have finally honed in on the rear differential. Planning to adjust the clearances and try. Otherwise they have siad thry will replace the rear differential assembly. Good thing am in warranty.
Old 10th July 2012, 21:03   #2950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Posting this for a colleague who owns a 1-month old Scorpio. Yesterday while driving to work, he found that braking was not happening. Noticed that ABS light had come on and also got a voice msg informing about brake issue. Supposed to be delivered today after repair.
It took much more than a day to fix this - due to part availability and also some s/w upgrade that had to be done for an issue with parking lights being always on which was seen after the brake issue. He finally got the car yesterday evening after 5 days. Braking is back to normal now. He was charged only ~150 or so for the brake fluid - everything else covered in warranty.
Old 11th July 2012, 12:53   #2951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I got the windscreen refitted complimentary, however, the refitting seems to be a less than perfect job:

1. The sealent can be seen protruding in the cabin.
2. Sealent has smudged the windscreen in more than 1 place

Good things:

1. Absolutely no leakage from the glass.
The leakage started again from last night, part of the roof lining and the carpeting was wet and stream was flowing inside.

Spoke to the A.S.S. again, they refuse to believe that it is the glass that is leaking, now the suspect is the antenna, where I have my doubts.

Will need to take the car to the A.S.S. again over the weekend
Old 11th July 2012, 15:56   #2952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
The leakage started again from last night, part of the roof lining and the carpeting was wet and stream was flowing inside.

Spoke to the A.S.S. again, they refuse to believe that it is the glass that is leaking, now the suspect is the antenna, where I have my doubts.

Will need to take the car to the A.S.S. again over the weekend
I had this roof leakage problem in my new Scorpio last year. Turned out to be a leaky Antenna Mount and was fixed after two attempts.
cnaganathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 16:02   #2953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
I had this roof leakage problem in my new Scorpio last year. Turned out to be a leaky Antenna Mount and was fixed after two attempts.
Thanks, let me have this also checked this weekend
Old 13th July 2012, 13:15   #2954
BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio : Extended warranty issues

Posting this on behalf of my friend:

Hi,

My Scorpio-VLX (bought in Nov 2009) broke down on Kanakpura road last week. Apparently oil leaked and clutch became non-responsive. Got the mechanic from Kanakpura town, who filled the oil and got clutch functional again. Drove back to Bangalore; kept filling oil (small flask under the bonnet) whenever I felt clutch is becoming less responsive. Gave the car to Mahindra Service station. They say that sleeve cylinder for clutch has worn off and needs to be replaced.

I had bought the 4 year extended warranty, but the service station tells me that the sleeve cylinder is wear-n-tear part and is not covered by warranty. Car has done about 22500 kms only. I just want to know if this is okay. It kind of feels odd to have bought the warranty and see nothing getting covered in this mishap where there is no driver fault. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 14:09   #2955
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Extended warranty issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
I had bought the 4 year extended warranty, but the service station tells me that the sleeve cylinder is wear-n-tear part and is not covered by warranty. Car has done about 22500 kms only. I just want to know if this is okay. It kind of feels odd to have bought the warranty and see nothing getting covered in this mishap where there is no driver fault. Please let me know your thoughts.
This is a common issue with Scorpios from that batch. Refer scorpio_fan's ownership thread or even SS-Traveller's thread for the same issue, and where the replacement happened under warranty.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks