Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:42   #2926
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
Has this happened to anyone?....The invoice does not show any details - just "warranty repairs".

What could have been the problem? has anyone out there had similar problems. I am worried all the more because when I don't bring it to Bangy, it is driven around by my driver
Check this thread. Your Scorpio's case might well be similar: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...reak-down.html

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 2nd July 2012 at 16:44.
Old 2nd July 2012, 22:55   #2927
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
Has this happened to anyone?
What could have been the problem? has anyone out there had similar problems. I am worried all the more because when I don't bring it to Bangy, it is driven around by my driver
There is a fundamental flaw in the slave cylinder design of the Scorpio Mhawk. I was a victim of this on two occasions. Second failure happened after about 15K kilometers of the first failure. I have since done about 18K kilometers since the second failure so I am hoping it is fixed permanently now. But either way a Mahindra product above 9 to 10 lakhs is pretty much ruled out for me.
Old 3rd July 2012, 11:49   #2928
BHPian

Guys,
Took the delivery of my Scopio SLE last saturday. Just driven it for 115 kms and the vehicle is a breeze to drive. The torque is really nice in the city traffic. Did not have time to completely explore the vehicle, however, I noticed 2 things.

1. There is a cable below the passenger seat which is not connected and not sure where to connect.
2. The door open warning light in the dashboard is no where to be seen. Is this feature not in the SLE?

Kindly help. Will post more findings once I have the photographs. Thx....
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:07   #2929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
2. The door open warning light in the dashboard is no where to be seen. Is this feature not in the SLE?
Congratulations on your new car! The door ajar warning is via audio; you won't see any light/icon in the instrument cluster. If you don't hear a voice telling you that "one of the doors is open", "your handbrake is engaged or "please wear your seatbelts", then better get it activated by visiting the ASC.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 3rd July 2012, 13:22   #2930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Congratulations on your new car! The door ajar warning is via audio; you won't see any light/icon in the instrument cluster. If you don't hear a voice telling you that "one of the doors is open", "your handbrake is engaged or "please wear your seatbelts", then better get it activated by visiting the ASC.

Cheers,
Vikram
Thx Vikram, I hear the voice assist which says the messages. I thought it will be available in the instrument cluster. My Bad.. What if if disable those msgs and I need to rely on my interior lights to check whether they are open or closed.

Also thx for your tips on initial running in of the vehicle. Noted it from Benny's thread.

Rgds,
Karthik
Old 3rd July 2012, 14:15   #2931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thx Vikram, I hear the voice assist which says the messages. I thought it will be available in the instrument cluster. My Bad.. What if if disable those msgs and I need to rely on my interior lights to check whether they are open or closed. Also thx for your tips on initial running in of the vehicle. Noted it from Benny's thread.
You're welcome.

Yup, those are the only 2 ways to tell when a door is not closed properly. However, during day time it's hard to tell if the interior light is on or not unless you explicitly look at it. For the handbrake and seat belt you have lights in the instrument cluster at least; no such facility for indicating an open door. So, I'd suggest that you do not disable the voice assist.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 3rd July 2012, 23:34   #2932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
A first one ,someone gets ripped off(pun intended) and is happy with the service ? What happened to your reasoning dude ?
My scorp' is at 35k+ and still running on the original brake pads.

Unlikely that the clutch switch error gets detected in the OBD. Actually when I had the issue with the clutch the engine light never came on.So I wonder how did they arrive at this ?Has the engine check light gone , if YES hang in there and check this for a few more days to see if it comes up again.
And the problem is back. Just came back from office and the engine check light is glowing away to glory. I'm going to send a stinker to Mahindra [customercare at mahindra.com, is it correct? Is there any other contact that I can add?] about SKS' service. Should I CC the mail to SKS too? Will take the car to Shireesh Workshop tomorrow. So it's bye bye SKS for me, will never go back to them for sure.
Old 4th July 2012, 08:41   #2933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
And the problem is back. Just came back from office and the engine check light is glowing away to glory. I'm going to send a stinker to Mahindra [customercare at mahindra.com, is it correct? Is there any other contact that I can add?] about SKS' service. Should I CC the mail to SKS too? Will take the car to Shireesh Workshop tomorrow. So it's bye bye SKS for me, will never go back to them for sure.
I cant help but (no offense), I knew this was coming back. This self healing nonsense is the real pain with Mahindra's. I have ranted enough about this self healing thing with their components. First was the power windows, the brakes locking up and then the clutch itself. My gear lever would shudder and they could never diagnose the issue even after 3 visits and finally some senior mech was called in and he understood what I was talking about.

Write a stinker to M&M customer care and wait to hear from them. Yeah it is customercare at mahindra.com and check your PM. You needn't CC any emails to SKS, they will contact you soon as soon as they hear from M&M.
rjstyles69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 11:01   #2934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69

Write a stinker to M&M customer care and wait to hear from them. Yeah it is customercare at mahindra.com and check your PM. You needn't CC any emails to SKS, they will contact you soon as soon as they hear from M&M.
Today got a call from Mahindra customer care(?) asking me to rate the service of SKS and had to hear some nice things about it. I've bluntly told them that I'm not at all satisfied with the work done inspite of keeping the vehicle overnight just to solve the problem. Hope to hear back from them soon. The mail is also on its way.
Old 4th July 2012, 12:07   #2935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
This self healing nonsense is the real pain with Mahindra's.
Tell me about it! I experienced it for the 1st time last weekend. The right rear power window was stuck [in the closed position] for almost 10 days and wouldn't wind down either with the front PW button or the rear. Took it to the ASC, and lo and behold it worked just fine. Up/down, with the front button, rear button, you name it. The technician looked at me as if I'd lost all my marbles. Thankfully, the Works Manager believed me and asked me to bring the vehicle back if it happened again so that they can replace the motor under extended warranty.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 4th July 2012, 16:56   #2936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Tell me about it! I experienced it for the 1st time last weekend. The right rear power window was stuck [in the closed position] for almost 10 days and wouldn't wind down either with the front PW button or the rear. Took it to the ASC, and lo and behold it worked just fine. Up/down, with the front button, rear button, you name it. The technician looked at me as if I'd lost all my marbles. Thankfully, the Works Manager believed me and asked me to bring the vehicle back if it happened again so that they can replace the motor under extended warranty.

Cheers,
Vikram
I'm facing the same problem with my driver side window and you can guess how frustrated I was. Already placed the order to replace the motor but somehow Shireesh is unable to get me the part and waited for a month now. Although found a simple temporary fix to the problem, hold the power window button down and give a whack/smack to the doorpad and it starts rolling. Yeah, that works every-time, talk about Mahindra's electrical parts.

BTW, the stupid engine check light is gone switched off again today.
Old 4th July 2012, 17:18   #2937
BHPian

guys,
Power window stuck is a common problem nowerdays, specially with Mhwak scorpios.cause is beacuse of carbon dust accumulation from the brush of the motor.Some time when you hit the pads or close the doors harder, dusts falls apart and the same will work again.I have replaced the RHS front motor at Laggrere, ASC of India garage -bangalore.no need a proof of that , just a simple complaint is enough as M&M knows this matter 101% clear.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 11:27   #2938
Senior - BHPian

Posting this for a colleague who owns a 1-month old Scorpio. Yesterday while driving to work, he found that braking was not happening. Noticed that ABS light had come on and also got a voice msg informing about brake issue. Somehow he safely got off the road. Service guys were called and they came and found that there was a hairline fracture in the fluid line from which the brake-fluid had leaked. Given the fact that they came with the replacement tube, looks like this issue is common. But for the new version Scorpio, the tube dimension was different and so the vehicle had to be towed to their workshop. Supposed to be delivered today after repair.

Since there are too many pages in this thread, it is tough to go and look if similar issue was reported earlier. Has anyone seen this issue with their Scorpio ? During the research stage of his buying the car, we had ruled out Safari mainly due to niggles, which could be a pain during initial ownership. But looks like the Scoprio itself is not bereft of niggles when new.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 5th July 2012 at 11:29.
Old 5th July 2012, 11:49   #2939
BHPian

Noticed a new problem (Not really a problem) in my 4 day old scorpio. The wheel Alignment is proper but the steering is not straight. It is tilted to the left side. When I hold the steering straight, the vehicle veers to the right. Got to get it corrected it with the A.S.S.

Another issue is that the bonnet open level near the front grill is scraping the bonnet and there is a loss of paint, it has sharp edges and sometimes is difficult to open. There is also a big scratch near the front door trim. Failed to note it during the delivery . A Small bush in the right side front door is missing.

I'm planning a visit to the service center this saturday and hope to get these corrected.

Last edited by Jack Sparrow : 5th July 2012 at 12:09.
Old 5th July 2012, 16:24   #2940
BHPian

Hi,
Please see ****.
Regards,
Rajith
Quote:
Noticed a new problem (Not really a problem) in my 4 day old scorpio. The wheel Alignment is proper but the steering is not straight. It is tilted to the left side. When I hold the steering straight, the vehicle veers to the right. Got to get it corrected it with the A.S.S.

**** Dont take it to ASC they will mess up,Please take to MADHUS or SHIVAS wheel allignment, they will set right fast.

Another issue is that the bonnet open level near the front grill is scraping the bonnet and there is a loss of paint, it has sharp edges and sometimes is difficult to open. There is also a big scratch near the front door trim. Failed to note it during the delivery . A Small bush in the right side front door is missing.

**** ASC can help

I'm planning a visit to the service center this saturday and hope to get these corrected.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks