Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2012, 11:23   #2896
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

There is one small niggling problem left in my Scorpio. When we take out the ignition key, sometimes the circular lock does not eject. And when it does not eject the Stereo is still getting power. If by chance we leave the stereo on and the lock does not eject and switch off power to it then it drains the battery. The service center people say the only solution is to change all the 3 locks which costs 2500 + 1000 labor. I told my neighborhood mechanic to clean it and see but that didn't resolve the problem.
Does anybody have an easy solution to this problem ?

Styler
Old 18th June 2012, 12:15   #2897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
When we take out the ignition key, sometimes the circular lock does not eject.
Not an uncommon problem. Seen it in a few other cars as well as my own Scorpio. Pull the key out rapidly, the lock activates. Pull it out slowly and gently, and it doesn't. Cures for a few days with use of WD40 or Zorrik99 in the keyhole. Comes back again, even with a new lock. Not worth changing the whole lock barrel every time - it's easier to live with it.
Old 18th June 2012, 12:19   #2898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
There is one small niggling problem left in my Scorpio. When we take out the ignition key, sometimes the circular lock does not eject.
Hi Styler, I have had a similar issue with my Scorpio. They told me that full set has to be replaced etc..

I bought a can of key lubricant available in hardware shops or you can use WD40 also. Sprayed it in and kept putting the key in turning power own, turning off and removing they key. Repeated this a bunch of times and it was better.
Old 18th June 2012, 12:29   #2899
BHPian

It is comforting to know that there are a number of us with slightly old vehicles living with this problem
Thanks SS-Traveller & 4x4addict for the advice. I will try the WD40 lubrication and see if it makes it better.
Thanks once again.
Styler
Old 18th June 2012, 13:53   #2900
Senior - BHPian

I'm facing a strange issue with the Engine Check light. This light is coming on and off from time to time. Sometime it'll get switched even after a cold start and sometimes it switches on after driving for a few kilometers. But then it goes off after another few kilometers of drive. I've taken the car to the workshop and they tried to diagnose the problem with the computer but they were unable to find the exact error code as the light went off by that time (or is that mean that error got cleared). They've told me to get the car there when the Engine check light is still on. Same thing happened today morning also but by the time I reached the workshop, the light got cleared again. I'm facing no issue with driving of the car neither there is any kind of difference that I'm feeling when the light is on. I'm bit at loss on what to do next. The car is due for 20k service and I'll probably tell them to check specifically for this issue. Any pointers would be really helpful.
Old 19th June 2012, 14:30   #2901
BHPian

Hi Everyone, i have 2 news for everyone.
1st the good news is attached. New scorpio owners won't find the boat affect that we all face with their new suspension setup.Just saw a new scorpio while undergoing my 2nd free service and walla this new scorpio was going to get washed and as cusious i went to see some visible changes from side.While enquring i came to know its a new vehicle from Nasik and no one new about the suspension change. They know now.I am not too techinical about it but the setup looks similar to Xylo rear suspension setup.

2nd one is that Mahindra has asked all new Scorpio from Oct 2011 to Jan 2012 to get one of the clutch cable bushing to be changed immediately as its prone to failure resulting in leakage and clutch breakdown.Couldn't take snap of 25paise size rubber bushing but its worth for everyone to check them in A.S.S.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-new-scorpio-suspension.jpg  

Old 25th June 2012, 18:05   #2902
BHPian

My 2005 Non CRDe Scopio (Done 1.35L Kms). has recently developed a new issue. After driving some kms, a noise is started coming from the engine bay. It is like a rock or some hard substance got stuck inside a motor. I have identified that it is coming from the Vacuum distributor. This noise lasts till 1 min even after switching off the engine. What should I do for get rid of this. Will this lead to any other problem, Gurus please help.
Old 26th June 2012, 15:50   #2903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I'm facing a strange issue with the Engine Check light. This light is coming on and off from time to time. Sometime it'll get switched even after a cold start and sometimes it switches on after driving for a few kilometers. But then it goes off after another few kilometers of drive. I've taken the car to the workshop and they tried to diagnose the problem with the computer but they were unable to find the exact error code as the light went off by that time (or is that mean that error got cleared). They've told me to get the car there when the Engine check light is still on. Same thing happened today morning also but by the time I reached the workshop, the light got cleared again. I'm facing no issue with driving of the car neither there is any kind of difference that I'm feeling when the light is on. I'm bit at loss on what to do next. The car is due for 20k service and I'll probably tell them to check specifically for this issue. Any pointers would be really helpful.
I had similar issues, the light would come on / off at all times. I had to leave it at the A.S.S. for a day for some detailed testing and fix.

Suggest that you do the same, since there might be a chance you face a sudden breakdown.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 20:07   #2904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
kaushik strange that they said that the error code got cleared. Unlikely that it would happen at-least from my experience after connecting the OBD scanner to the Serial port.
Usual suspects are the Fuel injectors and the EGR valve is dirty/clogged when the engine check light comes on. Since your Scorp is under warranty get these two checked.

I have read somewhere on the forum a post by spikey that the Scorpio has a history with the EGR valve.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 12:32   #2905
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

With the onset of monsoons in I am having an issue with the leaking windshield.

The Windshield was replaced last year under insurance after it was damaged.

Under heavy rain water is streaming in inside the vehicle across the windshield, though the water inflow is small still it is concerning as it will damage the interiors very fast.

Pls advise the solution / quick DIY which will solve the issue.

Since I do not have time to visit the A.S.S. due to work commitments this morning I did a DIY of sticking strip of double tape masked by black electrical tape (will share the pics tomorrow) over the beading on the outside in the hope that it will hold for some time.
Old 27th June 2012, 13:12   #2906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supratim07 View Post
Hi Everyone, i have 2 news for everyone.
1st the good news is attached. New scorpio owners won't find the boat affect that we all face with their new suspension setup.Just saw a new scorpio while undergoing my 2nd free service and walla this new scorpio was going to get washed and as cusious i went to see some visible changes from side.While enquring i came to know its a new vehicle from Nasik and no one new about the suspension change. They know now.I am not too techinical about it but the setup looks similar to Xylo rear suspension setup.
Yes, M&M has silently modified the suspension of the Scorpio to control the bounce and rolling motion. This has been told to me by someone working in M&M.
Old 27th June 2012, 13:17   #2907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi,

With the onset of monsoons in I am having an issue with the leaking windshield.
The Windshield was replaced last year under insurance after it was damaged.
Undoubtedly a bad job in sealing the corners.

Quote:
Pls advise the solution / quick DIY which will solve the issue.

Since I do not have time to visit the A.S.S. due to work commitments this morning I did a DIY of sticking strip of double tape masked by black electrical tape (will share the pics tomorrow) over the beading on the outside in the hope that it will hold for some time.
Get some silicone gel and the gun.Something like the one in this picture, usually available at local hardware stores. Will set you back by a few hundreds and yes you can use it at home for other DIY jobs. So doesn't go waste if you are left with some of it.Apply and seal the leak ensure you don't over do it.

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-stoneneutralsiliconesealantgs823.jpg
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 13:37   #2908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Undoubtedly a bad job in sealing the corners.
Get some silicone gel and the gun.Something like the one in this picture, usually available at local hardware stores. Will set you back by a few hundreds and yes you can use it at home for other DIY jobs. So doesn't go waste if you are left with some of it.Apply and seal the leak ensure you don't over do it.
Thanks a lot, let me try this out. But it is not only the corners, the issue is the entire top portion of the windshield, in the last nights heavy rain there were 5 streams running from the top on the inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-1.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-2.jpg  

Last edited by m_upreti : 27th June 2012 at 13:49.
Old 27th June 2012, 14:31   #2909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot, let me try this out. But it is not only the corners, the issue is the entire top portion of the windshield, in the last nights heavy rain there were 5 streams running from the top on the inside.
I'd advise you to visit a Windshield Experts outlet at the earliest to get your problem solved. At the most, they might charge you labour for removing and properly re-fixing your vehicle's windshield. Call them and check.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 27th June 2012, 14:37   #2910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I'd advise you to visit a Windshield Experts outlet at the earliest to get your problem solved. At the most, they might charge you labour for removing and properly re-fixing your vehicle's windshield. Call them and check.Vikram
Thanks Vikram, I would have liked to do that, however, the nearest outlet from my place in Navi Mumbai is almost 40 Km away, I guess I will have to make do with the DIY for now and probably take out time over the weekend to go to the A.S.S. to have it refitted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks