Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2012, 10:44   #2866
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
You guys might want to read up from this post here (Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions), that it isn't recommended to use additives for CRDE engines.
CRDe or non-CRDe, additives are not necessary in an ideal situation where fuel quality is impeccable, which we all agree is not the case for Indian fuel. My ASC had recommended this at one time, though I never used it. However, I do use System-D occasionally (especially when filling from highway pumps), and the net result is a temporary improvement in performance, smoothness and FE. That does not mean that continuous usage will continue to improve performance/FE in a direct linear ratio.
Old 15th May 2012, 10:48   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
CRDe or non-CRDe, additives are not necessary in an ideal situation where fuel quality is impeccable, which we all agree is not the case for Indian fuel. My ASC had recommended this at one time, though I never used it. However, I do use System-D occasionally (especially when filling from highway pumps), and the net result is a temporary improvement in performance, smoothness and FE. That does not mean that continuous usage will continue to improve performance/FE in a direct linear ratio.
ss-t am being very honest here, used this System-D for close to 5k kms and trust me no changes in the way the SUV performs. The only difference I find is only when I drive with a light foot the mileage hovers around 13.xx with 100% AC, but then flooring the 2 tonner is an addiction. I am the types who give in to temptation without a 2nd thought .

I have stopped using it since it just dint seem to make any difference.
Old 15th May 2012, 11:16   #2868
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ss-t am being very honest here...
Wouldn't expect you to be otherwise!
Quote:
...used this System-D for close to 5k kms and trust me no changes in the way the SUV performs.
Continuous use makes no difference, but I find 0.5-0.75 ml/litre on every alternate or third tankful tends to pep up the engine, especially when the last fill is from a highway pump. Are your fills restricted to city only, or do you fill from highway pumps like I sometimes do?
Old 15th May 2012, 11:37   #2869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Wouldn't expect you to be otherwise!

Continuous use makes no difference, but I find 0.5-0.75 ml/litre on every alternate or third tankful tends to pep up the engine, especially when the last fill is from a highway pump. Are your fills restricted to city only, or do you fill from highway pumps like I sometimes do?
I do fill from both city and highway petrol bunks. On my highway runs (usually Blr-Mys) I fill from the same bunk always. SystemD never made a difference though.
Old 15th May 2012, 11:45   #2870
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I fill from the same bunk always. SystemD never made a difference though.
Riju, thou art exceptionally blessed about being able to fill from pumps that deliver unadulterated diesel! Lucky you...
Old 15th May 2012, 12:02   #2871
BANNED

Quote:
I do fill from both city and highway petrol bunks. On my highway runs (usually Blr-Mys) I fill from the same bunk always. SystemD never made a difference though.
Riju, Sys-D makes a difference of at least 1-1.5kmpl on Hariya, especially on the highways and hence I use it whenever I go outstation.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 12:52   #2872
AVR
BHPian

Ok. Let me try System-D for a couple of times and see if it changes anything.
Also, Has anyone noticed better smoothness by using Mobil Delvac MX instead of the MM dealer stuff? It showed marked improvement on the Safari so wondering if its the same for the CRDe.
Old 15th May 2012, 15:18   #2873
BHPian

I face this persistent issue with Power window , since last 3 months either 1 or sometimes upto 3 windows get jammed and am really frustrated .ASC guys are suggesting that nothing wrong with motor and the sensor is getting covered in dust hence the problem . Any pointers to this ,also has anyone experienced Doorstep Service my car is due for 30k service.
Old 15th May 2012, 22:13   #2874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I face this persistent issue with Power window , since last 3 months either 1 or sometimes upto 3 windows get jammed and am really frustrated .ASC guys are suggesting that nothing wrong with motor and the sensor is getting covered in dust hence the problem . Any pointers to this ,also has anyone experienced Doorstep Service my car is due for 30k service.
Mallikarjuna,

If you can roll up and down all the power windows twice or thrice every week they windows do not get jammed. This is a common issue with some Scorpio's and the above solution was what got passed on to me from a trusted mechanic on the floor.
Old 15th May 2012, 23:21   #2875
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
I face this persistent issue with Power window , since last 3 months either 1 or sometimes upto 3 windows get jammed and am really frustrated .ASC guys are suggesting that nothing wrong with motor and the sensor is getting covered in dust hence the problem .
Keep a can of WD-40 handy and spray it on the power window switches in such a way that it goes inside. That should keep the switches clean, however, do not spray too much of it.

Also, the next time your door pads are opened, take a look at the motor and its connections, there could be some loose contact somewhere.
Old 20th May 2012, 12:18   #2876
BHPian

Thanxs folks for the insight made me follow-up better with ASC guys , my scorp just completed 30k service .During service couple of issue were pointed out .

a) Front rightside Ball joint rubber Bush head is damaged which was causing squeaking noise , it needs to be replaced however it is not being changed under warranty ,my scorp is 1.5 yrs old and still under warranty dont understand . is this part not covered under company warranty?

b) There is a leak in the power steering hose , understand from service guys that this a problem with most recent scorp's and is being changed under warranty . Has anyone faced similar problem.

c) Rear suspension bush ( set of 8 bushes ) i dont know what's the correct tech name for this . This part needs to be changed in next 35k service ,since the bush is wearing off and play has increased .Again i have to pay and is not covered under company warranty.

I have taken 2yrs extended warranty but at this rate i dont know how useful it is when most parts are excluded . My previous experience with hyundai was they honoured each and every claim without question even me being the second owner .
Old 21st May 2012, 09:59   #2877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
I have taken 2yrs extended warranty but at this rate i dont know how useful it is when most parts are excluded . My previous experience with hyundai was they honoured each and every claim without question even me being the second owner .
You will need to fight for each part, I have had the same experience with the A.S.S. charging for most parts even under extended warranty. Ypu would need to be firm with them and escalate.

One example: They tried to pass off the ABS harness degradation as rat bite, while on physical inspection no such marks were found and ultimately they agreed on 50% cover under warranty.
Old 24th May 2012, 21:25   #2878
BHPian

Past few weeks, i hear noise from back side of Scorpio and same was checked with A.S.S but they just sprayed the boot door but i still hear the noise from left side when i cross humps.Its kind of dual sound - kat kat. Not so sure what's going on but if anyone has any istances of same nature then please do let me know so that same could be rectified.
Old 24th May 2012, 21:59   #2879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supratim07 View Post
...they just sprayed the boot door but i still hear the noise from left side when i cross humps.Its kind of dual sound - kat kat.
Ask the A$$ to replace the fibre support on the door bottom (both on door and body). If that does not stop the noise, the door will need to be raised and the hinges re-tightened.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 09:55   #2880
BHPian

A colleague of mine has a 2005 scorpio, first single owner. Lately he has been facing a weird problem. If the fuel tank has more than 30 litres of fuel, the vehicle runs well with no issues - on straight roads or otherwise. There are no starting troubles.

If the level drops to less than 30 litres in tank, and if the vehicle is moving, there is no issue.
However if the vehicle is stationary, then there is starting problem and requires the priming pump to be used to start the vehicle. This is quite consistent and mechanics have been unable to figure out the problem.

Any help from gurus here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks