Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2012, 00:20   #2851
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
I rechecked, you are right the follow me home function is available only if the auto light switch is on.
Hi m_upreti, Thanks to you to come back and confirm. I am glad I am not ageing as fast as I thought I was!
Old 6th May 2012, 15:11   #2852
Senior - BHPian

I own two Scorps as my signature shall denote. Never had this problem. Both the clocks accurate till the last second..

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post

Another question, the clock(in the odo cluster) always ticks a bit fast, say it advances 10 minutes or so every month. I'm the second owner, and its been like this since the past 4 years the Scorp is with me. Not a concern, but wanted to know if all Scorpios are like this.
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 20:54   #2853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi m_upreti, Thanks to you to come back and confirm. I am glad I am not ageing as fast as I thought I was!
You are most welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I own two Scorps as my signature shall denote. Never had this problem. Both the clocks accurate till the last second..
I would second that, my clock also has never lost time in the last 4 years. To think of that it is strange that a digital clock is losing time.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 07:47   #2854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another question, the clock(in the odo cluster) always ticks a bit fast, say it advances 10 minutes or so every month. I'm the second owner, and its been like this since the past 4 years the Scorp is with me. Not a concern, but wanted to know if all Scorpios are like this.
My 2006 CRDe is the same! Has always been.
Very irritating to see a digital clock so bad at keeping time!
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 08:00   #2855
BHPian

Same issue here too. Need to "re-sync" the clock every month or so. I see that it loses a minute or two every month....
chandras1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 11:46   #2856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
Same issue here too. Need to "re-sync" the clock every month or so. I see that it loses a minute or two every month....
This seems quiet strange, can it be something to do with the Battery ?
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 12:06   #2857
Senior - BHPian

Losing a minute or two a month is not bad; mine gains 5 to 6 minutes a month.
It's a pain to bring it to the correct time since the controls do not allow reverse movement!
Old 7th May 2012, 14:07   #2858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I would second that, my clock also has never lost time in the last 4 years. To think of that it is strange that a digital clock is losing time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
Quote:
This seems quiet strange, can it be something to do with the Battery ?
Thankyou for the replies. So some are keeping the time accurately and some are not. This must be a known issue to Mahindra. Though it is not a major concern, it is irritating. Mine is a 2005 Oct/Nov CRDe and probably gains around 5 or 6 minutes a month like anups scorp. I always set the clock two or three minutes back and adjust again when it gains more than 5 minutes on the actual time. It takes more than a month to gain those minutes.

Battery??? shouldn't the electronics take care of the few extra amperes? Well, I think stock battery rating is 65AH. My past three batteries have been rated more than that. Initially I had a 80AH battery which was followed by two 70AH batteries. Do you think this little difference can cause the clock to gain minutes? The clock on the ICE display is always accurate.

I hope the odo is not gaining a couple of KM every 100km or so. I should check that on next long drive.
Old 8th May 2012, 11:00   #2859
Senior - BHPian

My GLx came with the stock Exide battery that I changed to Amaron 80Ah and has continued with the same rating since I run a lot of accessories.

The Hawk has come with the stock battery and the same will be changed to 80Ah Amaron when the time comes.

Quote:

Battery??? shouldn't the electronics take care of the few extra amperes? Well, I think stock battery rating is 65AH. My past three batteries have been rated more than that. Initially I had a 80AH battery which was followed by two 70AH batteries. Do you think this little difference can cause the clock to gain minutes? The clock on the ICE display is always accurate.
Old 14th May 2012, 14:06   #2860
Senior - BHPian

Hi, my kid and his friends broke off the antenna while trying to climb the roof (broken through the metal base). Please suggest any better options than the stock antenna.
Old 14th May 2012, 14:15   #2861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, my kid and his friends broke off the antenna while trying to climb the roof (broken through the metal base). Please suggest any better options than the stock antenna.
If you have the money get yourself a Nagoya, the HAM types. The looks are to die for , albeit expensive. El cheapo antenna's start off from 250 bucks IIRC and is available at the local market.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 15:41   #2862
AVR
BHPian

Is there a good recommended fuel-additive for the 2.6 CRDe? Its done 80k and is way more harsh than my 140k TCIC Safari. I use a bit of 2T oil mixed with the Diesel on the TCIC but don't want to do that on the CRDe
Old 14th May 2012, 16:14   #2863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
If you have the money get yourself a Nagoya, the HAM types. The looks are to die for , albeit expensive. El cheapo antenna's start off from 250 bucks IIRC and is available at the local market.
Thanks, I guess I'll go for the El Chepo types, since even without the antenna the FM reception as good or bad as ever and I have plans to sell this car in the very new future

Last edited by m_upreti : 14th May 2012 at 16:33.
Old 14th May 2012, 20:01   #2864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Is there a good recommended fuel-additive for the 2.6 CRDe? Its done 80k and is way more harsh than my 140k TCIC Safari. I use a bit of 2T oil mixed with the Diesel on the TCIC but don't want to do that on the CRDe
I have used Wuerth and System-D on my mhawk. 2 cans of Wuerth diesel additive for 2 subsequent tankfull and then continue using System-D regularly. No problem for me as my car is only 18k kms and I started using them from 15k kms.

Not sure if they have improved anything in my car but just want to ensure that it stays the way it is now for long.
sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 09:23   #2865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
I have used Wuerth and System-D on my mhawk. 2 cans of Wuerth diesel additive for 2 subsequent tankfull and then continue using System-D regularly. No problem for me as my car is only 18k kms and I started using them from 15k kms.

Not sure if they have improved anything in my car but just want to ensure that it stays the way it is now for long.
You guys might want to read up from this post here (Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions), that it isn't recommended to use additives for CRDE engines.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks