Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:11   #2836
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post

Also need some pointers on a small spare part. The doors have 2 types of small rubber buffers, one at the top corner (looks like an arrow head) and one at the bottom of the rear doors (cylindrical shape with rings on the body) only. They also have 2 very small rubber buffers (size of rubber on top of pencils) inside the diesel flap door. My understanding is that these are used to dampen the door contact noise and help preserve the paint also.

But every time during the washing, these usually come off and I cannot replace them as they are not available as spare parts with the service centers. Does have anyone any information on where these are available?

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post

I dont think that these are available outside easily.
You can get them at the body shop of the ASC. They have these small parts.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:33   #2837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per my understanding, we can get the extended warranty anytime before the original warranty expires which is good for 2 years. Let me know if I have mistaken.

Also need some pointers on a small spare part. The doors have 2 types of small rubber buffers, one at the top corner (looks like an arrow head) and one at the bottom of the rear doors (cylindrical shape with rings on the body) only. They also have 2 very small rubber buffers (size of rubber on top of pencils) inside the diesel flap door. My understanding is that these are used to dampen the door contact noise and help preserve the paint also.

But every time during the washing, these usually come off and I cannot replace them as they are not available as spare parts with the service centers. Does have anyone any information on where these are available?
Hi Sudipta,

These are difficult to get! I used the feviquick route to keep them to the car! The best place to get them is the stockyard! The PDI section will have these and have to manage to give extra's to you
Old 23rd April 2012, 22:26   #2838
BHPian

Hi guys I had a small query with regard to my Scorpio. I wanted to know to enable the follow me home lights on my VLX automatic. I am not able to figure out this feature, please help me out guys. Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd April 2012, 22:55   #2839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti

Hi, Scorpio will complete 4 years in Sep '12, I got the Battery (Ameron) checked recently at the local Exide outlet, and they certified it to be fine, so that rules out the battery, I am not able to fix time with the Nippon technician on account of time constraints so have started manually locking (this way it dosen't unlock automatically) and using the gear lock religiously.
Four years is about right in terms of the life of the OEM battery. Mine was changed at 3 years and 9 months just before I sold the Scorpio to my friend.
Old 24th April 2012, 07:42   #2840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblast101 View Post
Hi guys I had a small query with regard to my Scorpio. I wanted to know to enable the follow me home lights on my VLX automatic. I am not able to figure out this feature, please help me out guys. Thanks in advance.
This is enabled by default and should work without any human intervention. Take it to the service center and get them to check it. Mine Scorpio is an SLE and works well without any issues from day one.
Old 24th April 2012, 09:33   #2841
BHPian

Quote:
Did you check the user manual? There are a series of steps to be followed in combination with the switch in the glove box and ignition key. Could have posted the steps but mine is a CRDe and the steps for mHawk could be different. Check the user manual and you should find the steps.
Old 24th April 2012, 10:18   #2842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought Follow me home was enabled by default. Get it checked at the A.S.S. In my VLX it has been there sonce day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Four years is about right in terms of the life of the OEM battery. Mine was changed at 3 years and 9 months just before I sold the Scorpio to my friend.
The car battery seems fine, I replaced the security system remote batteries a month back at a local accessories shop, but both seems to have drained out, I need to get them replaced too.
Old 25th April 2012, 01:57   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblast101

This is enabled by default and should work without any human intervention. Take it to the service center and get them to check it. Mine Scorpio is an SLE and works well without any issues from day one.
Hi Jetblast,

If I remember it correctly, the follow me lamps will come on in mHawks if the Auto light switch is on. I might be wrong, but somehow remember it thatways!
Old 27th April 2012, 22:11   #2844
BHPian

Today I realised that the odo on my Scorpio CRDE is not working. I hardly look at the odo and do not know when this has stopped working. Number on the odo looks familiar, as if I'm used to it, so it could even be a month or fortnight since it stopped working, though I'm not sure. Everything else seems to be working.

What are the diagnosis points? what are the things I should be looking at?

10 days back the battery suddenly went dead(very weak cranking), was on a service battery for two days, then switched to a new Amaron. Driver was driving all these days, and today when I was driving I found the time to be wrong(not adjusted after the battery replacement). During the time adjustment I realised both my trip meters to be at 0, and this is when I realised that the odo is not working.

Are there any chances that the reason could be the old battery(I attempted couple of times to start though the cranking was weak and did not succeed)?
Old 28th April 2012, 11:02   #2845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Jetblast,

If I remember it correctly, the follow me lamps will come on in mHawks if the Auto light switch is on. I might be wrong, but somehow remember it thatways!
I am not sure if these two are related, however I wll double check since there have been ocassions when I have driven on high beam (which requires the auto light switch to be off) but follow me home has worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Today I realised that the odo on my Scorpio CRDE is not working. I hardly look at the odo and do not know when this has stopped working. Number on the odo looks familiar, as if I'm used to it, so it could even be a month or fortnight since it stopped working, though I'm not sure. Everything else seems to be working.
What are the diagnosis points? what are the things I should be looking at?
Similar thing happened with my MHawk, I initially thought it to be a wiring issue but the Odo itself had conked out and I had to get it replaced under warranty, the downdide was that the reading started from 0
Old 28th April 2012, 21:03   #2846
BHPian

Quote:
Similar thing happened with my MHawk, I initially thought it to be a wiring issue but the Odo itself had conked out and I had to get it replaced under warranty, the downdide was that the reading started from 0
My Scorp is long out of warranty, and I don't want to loose the 90k reading too, :(. Will take it to MASS coming week, will update.
Old 29th April 2012, 13:02   #2847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Scorp is long out of warranty, and I don't want to loose the 90k reading too, :(. Will take it to MASS coming week, will update.
I fully agree with you, Infact I would realised this only when I saw the Odo at 7 Km when I took delivery, but couldnt say any thing to the Service Manager since he had done a good job (he may have forgotton to mention that this would happen when he confirmed from me that if I was fine with the replacement of the entire cluster)
Old 30th April 2012, 11:31   #2848
BHPian

Quote:
I fully agree with you, Infact I would realised this only when I saw the Odo at 7 Km when I took delivery, but couldnt say any thing to the Service Manager since he had done a good job (he may have forgotton to mention that this would happen when he confirmed from me that if I was fine with the replacement of the entire cluster)
You mean the odo was not working from the delivery itself, at 7KM?

Here the update from me, my ODO is working normally, thank god.

The evening before I posted the concern, I attempted to adjust the time at a signal and landed at the trip meters and both A and B were 0. I did not adjust the time and drove home. Before switching off the engine I again looked at the odo and it was still the same and both trip meters still showing 0.

I adjusted the time while the engine is idling(for the turbo thing) and switched off the engine. Yesterday when I took the car out, odo is working normally as if it is trying to fool me saying "I never stopped", both trip meters started from 0 and now logging normally and so is the odo. I did not attempt to diagnose the problem or anything. Just adjusted the time before switching off the engine on previous drive. It is highly unlikely that I would accidentally reset two trip meters, odo was surely not logging the miles. Moreover the trip meters and odo remained unchanged between the signal where I first noticed and home. This distance was more than 10km.

Now only thing I can think of is that there is some kind of arrangement where the odo reading is stored and logging suspended if the battery is changed/removed. My assumption is that the logging starts again when we fiddle with the odo, change time etc. Previously when I changed/removed the battery, I'd adjust the time immediately and never faced this. Now since driver was at the wheel for 10 days, and I never bothered to adjust the time I faced this odo issue. There is no other logic I can think of.

Anyways, I'm happy that it started working. More than the cost of a new odo, the concern was loosing the 90k reading.

Another question, the clock(in the odo cluster) always ticks a bit fast, say it advances 10 minutes or so every month. I'm the second owner, and its been like this since the past 4 years the Scorp is with me. Not a concern, but wanted to know if all Scorpios are like this.

Last edited by asdfvinay : 30th April 2012 at 11:36.
Old 30th April 2012, 13:34   #2849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mean the odo was not working from the delivery itself, at 7KM?

Here the update from me, my ODO is working normally, thank god.

The evening before I posted the concern, I attempted to adjust the time at a signal and landed at the trip meters and both A and B were 0. I did not adjust the time and drove home. Before switching off the engine I again looked at the odo and it was still the same and both trip meters still showing

I think you got me wrong, it stopped working at 18500 K, when I got the car after replacement of the cluster it was at 4 (i mentioned 7 by mistake) due to testing.

Good that your odo is working
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 08:20   #2850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Jetblast,

I rechecked, you are right the follow me home function is available only if the auto light switch is on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks