Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 11:09   #2791
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Hazard light problem

Quote:
Hello all,

My friend (who is not a member but regularly follows this forum) has a problem with his Scorpio. I am posting queries on his behalf. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Prasad,
Culprit is any one of the door switches.99% it will be from bonnet switch.
Rgrds,
Rajith

Last edited by GTO : 12th March 2012 at 14:56. Reason: Fixing quote tags
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 12:39   #2792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
...blinkers will blink a couple of times and then go silent.
Was the car pressure-washed in the previous 1-2days before this trouble started? Likely to be a loose wire which is grounding / shorting somewhere, or water in one of the door/bonnet switches.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 13:08   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Culprit is any one of the door switches.99% it will be from bonnet switch.
You were right. It was the bonnet switch. My friend has temporarily disconnected it. He will get it fixed on his next visit to the service station.
Old 6th March 2012, 15:58   #2794
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Hi, I had a strange issue a couple days back .

While driving late night, the engine check light came on and wouldnt go off.

I was driving at about 90 KMH odd when I realise that this light was on, so I slowed down and parked and tried stop start a few times the engine check light just remained.

I opened the Bonnet and checked the oil / coolent levels etc., even opened the radiator (a little coolent spilled out) everything was fine.

Then I decided to limp back home slowly, aftter a 100 mts or so the light went off and I took a chance to drive back normally.

Any inputs on anything to be done.
Old 6th March 2012, 17:02   #2795
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti

Any inputs on anything to be done.
Which of the 2 check lights came on? Only way to check what is wrong is to scan for error codes.
Old 9th March 2012, 11:38   #2796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Which of the 2 check lights came on? Only way to check what is wrong is to scan for error codes.
The one with the Check symbol. The light came on again 2 days back and I have parked the car since then till I get time to go to the A.S.S.

Video here
Old 9th March 2012, 13:26   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
The one with the Check symbol. The light came on again 2 days back and I have parked the car since then till I get time to go to the A.S.S.

Video here VID 00003-20120307-2018.3gp - YouTube
Usually this happens if there is water accumulated in the fuel filter. Also clean the air filter. As SS mentioned, the A.S.S will connect a laptop and check for an error.

Do keep us updated.
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 13:50   #2798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Usually this happens if there is water accumulated in the fuel filter. Also clean the air filter. As SS mentioned, the A.S.S will connect a laptop and check for an error.

Do keep us updated.
Will check the fuel filter, but the water in fuel warning light is not there
Old 10th March 2012, 19:15   #2799
BHPian

Incompetent Service centre

Mod Note : Please do NOT use inappropriate, rude language on Team-BHP. We STRICTLY prohibit name-calling and advise you to read our rules before proceeding any further.

This February we had my uncle and aunt visiting from Sydney Australia after a very long time. They wanted to visit Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar and had reserved the last couple of days for this trip. On Sunday 12th of Feb we headed out for Panchagani in my Scorpio from Mumbai. Just after crossing Pune, the car wouldn't accelerate properly. I would floor the accelerator pedal but the RPM wouldn't increase. It would take a long time for the car to pick up speed. There was no way it could climb the ghats in this condition. So we called the Mahindra hotline and they had a service centre from Pune call us. Since it was a Sunday the car could only be fixed on the next day. So we altered our plan and turned around to go to Pune. I had no idea what was wrong with the car. To me it seemed like a clutch problem. Anyway our holiday plans were ruined because the relatives had a flight to catch and we had to return to Mumbai by Monday evening. Needless to say they didn't get to see Panchagani and everybody was disappointed big time. We had a reservation at a resort which we had to cancel.

So the next day we went to the Mahindra service centre in a place called Wakad. Wonderful staff and a great facility. They showed us to a waiting booth with A/c, sofas and a television. Served us tea and made us feel at home while they took the car on the floor. The problem I was told was due to a bad air filter. The filter was badly clogged and had infact broken into pieces. My car had done almost 35k KMs overall. When he checked my service history online, he said that my air filter has never been changed!! It was supposed to be replaced by 20k KMs. Apparently the incompetent fools at my local service centre had never changed the filter. I have been giving the car to them religiously every 5000 kms for servicing. Every time they try to sell me useless crap like 'lamination this' or 'rubber coating that'. But they never changed my air filter.

I have been very busy all this while. But I need to take up this issue with Mahindra. After spending a fortune on purchasing and maintaining my car, their incompetent dealers ruined my holiday and almost had us stranded on the highway due to their negligence. Trust me if this was the US, I would have sued the idiots at the service centre.

I'm planning to call Mahindra and report the SC. They had earlier tried to rip me off on another ocassion, however a call to the Mahindra hotline set them straight. Before I speak with M&M I want to understand if my engine could have possibly been damaged due to the air filter breaking into small peices? Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by GTO : 12th March 2012 at 14:58. Reason: Do NOT use inappropriate, rude language on Team-BHP.
Old 10th March 2012, 19:50   #2800
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Incompetent Service centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
...I want to understand if my engine could have possibly been damaged due to the air filter breaking into small peices? Any advice would be appreciated.
The air filter is made of foam, and even if one or two small pieces had been ingested into the engine, they would have been burnt up and spitted out of the exhaust. No worries about it.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 09:55   #2801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will check the fuel filter, but the water in fuel warning light is not there
The issue is resolved & the Engine Check light is gone now and working as desired.

There was a vaccum hose (???) which had a cut, it was replaced under warrenty. Thw A.S.S. charged Rs 1626.00 for checking the issue using the laptop.
Old 12th March 2012, 10:49   #2802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
It was supposed to be replaced by 20k KMs.
Is your vehicle a mHawk? If yes, then the air filter is supposed to be changed at 40k kms, not 20k. You can verify this in the maintenance schedule chart given in the service booklet [pages 22 & 23] or in the user manual.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 12th March 2012, 10:56   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
The issue is resolved & the Engine Check light is gone now and working as desired.

There was a vaccum hose (???) which had a cut, it was replaced under warrenty. Thw A.S.S. charged Rs 1626.00 for checking the issue using the laptop.
By any chance did you check how they connected the laptop to the car and what softwares did they use?
Old 12th March 2012, 11:28   #2804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
By any chance did you check how they connected the laptop to the car and what softwares did they use?
Unfortunately no, i had some work so had to leave the vehicle for a few hours at the A.S.S. while they worked.
Old 12th March 2012, 13:01   #2805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Is your vehicle a mHawk? If yes, then the air filter is supposed to be changed at 40k kms, not 20k. You can verify this in the maintenance schedule chart given in the service booklet [pages 22 & 23] or in the user manual.

Cheers,
Vikram
Hi Vikram,

Yes it is an Mhawk. In fact it was the service rep at Mahindra (Wakad) who told me that the air filter shold have been replaced at 20k kms.

If it's indeed 40k then my SC is not to be blamed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks