Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2012, 09:20   #2776
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Is yours a 4wd Scorpio? If not, where did anyone see torsion bars???
Mine is a 2WD. Are you telling me that there is no torsion bar in 2WD?

Also I am still not convinced that this is truely required. I will go to the workshop tomorrow and ask the folks to show me the problems before they start on the job for sure.
Old 19th February 2012, 09:38   #2777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
2WD Scorpio has coil springs in front and no Torsion bar. I suspect the either mean, 1) Stabilizer bar link bushes if it is the front suspension or 2) Panhard rod link bush for rear suspension.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 09:49   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
2WD Scorpio has coil springs in front and no Torsion bar. I suspect the either mean, 1) Stabilizer bar link bushes if it is the front suspension or 2) Panhard rod link bush for rear suspension.
I think you are right.

May be they have the same bushes that they use for both the types and have the same name/part number. But I want to be sure that these are dead/worn out. Do you know of a way to test them other then visible inspection?
Old 19th February 2012, 09:54   #2779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you know of a way to test them other then visible inspection?
I changed by stabilizer bar bushes. I used to here a low thud, thud noise when I went over rough roads. Find an uneven/rough stretch of road, roll down the windows, turn off the AC and see if you can hear a repetitive thud, thud noise from the suspension.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 10:52   #2780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's right, and 4x4addict has already explained it. Front & rear link bar/rod bushes do wear out with use, but usually not before 30-40k km (unless you are running offroad frequently).
Quote:
======================================
EDIT:
Quote:
May be they have the same bushes that they use for both the types and have the same name/part number. But I want to be sure that these are dead/worn out. Do you know of a way to test them other then visible inspection?
Quote:
I changed by stabilizer bar bushes. I used to here a low thud, thud noise when I went over rough roads.
Visual inspection is the best way. Rear link bushes wear out faster than front stabiliser bar bushes. Car feels as if it is wallowing more over undulations on a good road. Thud-thud only audible once the wear is severe. Costs about Rs.800-1000 to change the full set at each end (parts + labour).

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 19th February 2012 at 11:08.
Old 21st February 2012, 00:09   #2781
BHPian

My year old Scorpio's fornt left power window went kaput 3 days back. There were no sypmtoms earlier. It went dead all of a sudden.

Sent to VVC motors Mahindra Authorised service centre. Replacement was done under warranty within 4 hours.
Old 21st February 2012, 09:31   #2782
BHPian

Finally yesterday, my Scorpio went thru a major work.

4 x 2 bush changed for rear suspension setup
2 x 2 ball joint changed for front suspension setup
2 cross changed

I did check the parts before they were replaced. I also checked that the factory fitted cross never had a grease nipple but the replaced ones now have them.

Total cost 8355 all inclusive out of which labour is almost 3000.

Work was done in VVC and I am very satisfied by the attention to detail. Also service manager informed that they have ordered a hydraulic press machine which will help them to change bushes faster without sending them outside. This will save a lot of time and cost for all the customers.
Old 21st February 2012, 10:24   #2783
BHPian

Main belt and bearings

Was stranded after my belt cut very near to india garage,poonamallee bye pass early yday.
They replaced 2 bearings, and a new belt.Cost as under.

2 bearings- Rs 1100.0
belt- Rs 1120.0
Labor Rs 750.0
On road
asstnce- Rs 250.
total- Rs 3220.0

Is it correct folks?

cheers
Old 21st February 2012, 15:13   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
My year old Scorpio's fornt left power window went kaput 3 days back. There were no sypmtoms earlier. It went dead all of a sudden.

Sent to VVC motors Mahindra Authorised service centre. Replacement was done under warranty within 4 hours.
Quote:
Finally yesterday, my Scorpio went thru a major work.

4 x 2 bush changed for rear suspension setup
2 x 2 ball joint changed for front suspension setup
2 cross changed

I did check the parts before they were replaced. I also checked that the factory fitted cross never had a grease nipple but the replaced ones now have them.

Total cost 8355 all inclusive out of which labour is almost 3000.

Work was done in VVC and I am very satisfied by the attention to detail. Also service manager informed that they have ordered a hydraulic press machine which will help them to change bushes faster without sending them outside. This will save a lot of time and cost for all the customers.
Off the topic, How is the service of VVC motors? I'd like to know the feedback. My Scorpio has been serviced by AML Motors all the time. While they are good, they neglect the smaller things all the time almost always needing a second visit to get these fixed. They also have too many vechicles to service and so I think the focus shifted to quantity than quality. VVC has been calling regularly to get my scorp serviced by them. Since you mentioned you got the work done there, I'd like to know your opinion before trying them. Thankyou.
Old 21st February 2012, 17:52   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Off the topic, How is the service of VVC motors? I'd like to know the feedback. My Scorpio has been serviced by AML Motors all the time. While they are good, they neglect the smaller things all the time almost always needing a second visit to get these fixed. They also have too many vechicles to service and so I think the focus shifted to quantity than quality. VVC has been calling regularly to get my scorp serviced by them. Since you mentioned you got the work done there, I'd like to know your opinion before trying them. Thankyou.
I am very happy with VVC and stopped going to AML almost a year back.
sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 00:20   #2786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Off the topic, How is the service of VVC motors? I'd like to know the feedback. VVC has been calling regularly to get my scorp serviced by them. Since you mentioned you got the work done there, I'd like to know your opinion before trying them. Thankyou.
Service of VVC is awesome. I bought my vehicle from Automotive but right from the second service onwards i am sending my vehicle to VVC service station adjacent to N- convention centre near Hi-tech flyover. They have a very good system of being in touch with customers. They arrange free pick up and return of the vehicle. Due to lack of time, i always opt for their free pick up and drop back facility.

Few months back, i had a long scratch on my rear bumper and i called them for touch -up. The Body shop S.A. was very helpful. He sent their driver to pick up the vehicle and did a good touch-up FOC and dropped back the vehicle to my office.

I personally feel VVC's service is much better than Automotive. IMHO, perhaps Automotive is overloaded and they are not in a postion to give full attention to the customers.
Night_Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:53   #2787
BHPian

Thankyou both for the feedback. My last service experience at AML is next to pathetic and after spending around 20k bill, I didn't feel any kind of difference in the car after the service. Next service will be at VVC.
Old 25th February 2012, 19:43   #2788
BHPian

OT, but Just wanted to convey - Yesterday, 24/02/2012- there was thick smoke coming out from the engine compartment of a Scorpio, probably 3-4 years back Model.

Later by-standers opened the bonnect with crow bars forcebly. And there was huge fire in the Engine. I'd urgent work, so couldn't check, what happened. If any other members have seen this, they can update. This happened on Vyalikaval Main Road, near Police Station, BANGALORE.

Last edited by jaaz : 25th February 2012 at 19:45.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:22   #2789
BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio : Hazard light problem

Hello all,

My friend (who is not a member but regularly follows this forum) has a problem with his Scorpio. I am posting queries on his behalf. Any help would be appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------------
My Scorpio-VLX hazard lamps (side indicator blinkers) seem to have some problems off late. It started last week that while driving if there was a jerk (pot-hole or speed breaker) then these blinkers will blink a couple of times and then go silent. Now within a week it has become lot more sensitive, and these blinkers pretty much keep blinking all the time. I can not stop this blinking using hazard lamp switch. Also I have seen that my car’s anti-theft siren went off a couple of times during last week. There was no impact on the car, it just went off on its own. Don’t know if these two things are related. If anybody can suggest anything that I should try it would be of great help.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:59   #2790
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Hazard light problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
Hello all,

My friend (who is not a member but regularly follows this forum) has a problem with his Scorpio. I am posting queries on his behalf. Any help would be appreciated.

My Scorpio-VLX hazard lamps (side indicator blinkers) seem to have some problems off late. It started last week that while driving if there was a jerk (pot-hole or speed breaker) then these blinkers will blink a couple of times and then go silent. Now within a week it has become lot more sensitive, and these blinkers pretty much keep blinking all the time. I can not stop this blinking using hazard lamp switch. Also I have seen that my car’s anti-theft siren went off a couple of times during last week. There was no impact on the car, it just went off on its own. Don’t know if these two things are related. If anybody can suggest anything that I should try it would be of great help.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

This could be due to the loose wiring or the one of the wires touching the body. Get the wiring setup checked before its too serious.

Cheers,
Rajesh
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks