Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2012, 19:07   #2746
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDIsamir View Post
One more thing you can try out.Hve you cleaned the Air Mass Sensor ?
The MAF has been cleaned twice at the ASC with petrol and kerosene. I have not added any additional carpeting on the floor. Also the issue is 2 sided, low top speed and more importantly low fuel efficiency.
Old 5th February 2012, 19:30   #2747
Senior - BHPian

Devdath, the intercooler inlet hose must not be in this condition. The oil traces seem very high to me, need pictures of the air cleaner service indicator and intercooler outlet hose.

Spike
Old 5th February 2012, 19:55   #2748
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Devdath, the intercooler inlet hose must not be in this condition. The oil traces seem very high to me, need pictures of the air cleaner service indicator and intercooler outlet hose.

Spike
Here you go. By the way, the intercooler outlet hose looks completely dry on the outside and so does the intercooler itself too. One of the pics however has slight wicking of oil as can be seen.

The complete air filter assembly is brand new and has done about 10k kms since installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-05022012320.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-05022012321.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-05022012325.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-05022012326.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-05022012327.jpg  

Old 5th February 2012, 20:20   #2749
Senior - BHPian

To be frank, it seems to me the oil marks are on the higher side and it is not normal for a CRDe scorpio. Even the intercooler outlet pipe has oil marks which is pretty high. Have you ever opened up the two pipes with I/C assembly at the ASC?

Spike
Old 5th February 2012, 20:49   #2750
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
To be frank, it seems to me the oil marks are on the higher side and it is not normal for a CRDe scorpio. Even the intercooler outlet pipe has oil marks which is pretty high. Have you ever opened up the two pipes with I/C assembly at the ASC?

Spike
Nope, not yet. Do you suggest I open the intercooler inlet and outlet pipes?
Open and check what/replace what?
Old 5th February 2012, 21:19   #2751
Senior - BHPian

Anyway you will need to open up these parts as they do not seem normal. There can be many reasons which can cause these symptoms to occur, will be only possible once the engine cover is removed and parts are inspected one by one.

Sitting here and guessing this may be or that may be faulty is like shooting in the dark, so I would refrain from doing that.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 23:48   #2752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

One thing that I noticed today when I had taken Hariya for his first wash after coming back from Lucknow. I hadn't driven him since then.

On the orange hose that goes downward from the tc, I had noticed slight traces of smoke (black hazy lines) on the pipe a few months ago. The traces however, did not increase or decrease.

Today, I noticed that the pipe had oil and consequently dust on it. Oil was not dripping and the pipe was not fully covered with dust but yes, it felt oily and dusty to touch. I m posting a few pics of the same if they help clarify the situation.

What is your take on this? Could this be one of the reasons? I still see no loss of pick up, black smoke or any other outwardly symptoms.
Mine also has the same looks with oil. Does not make any difference to power or FE.
Old 6th February 2012, 12:43   #2753
Senior - BHPian

Re: All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by asjcaner View Post
yeah that's true,many people are happy with the SUV
This includes me, despite the initial heartburns.
Old 10th February 2012, 02:52   #2754
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need one small info, do the current Scorpio VLX (automatic) comes with a different immobilizer than say SLE (or say last year's SLE i.e. mine). Cause one of my relative bought a VLX and when I asked them to change the code the Mahindra people told that these cars comes with different immobilzers and code can't be changed. Is it true or that the show-room guys are giving them wrong information? Please let me know as recently (3 months back) only their Bolero got stolen from their parking and I'm bit worried.
Old 10th February 2012, 05:06   #2755
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Guys, need one small info, do the current Scorpio VLX (automatic) comes with a different immobilizer than say SLE (or say last year's SLE i.e. mine). Cause one of my relative bought a VLX and when I asked them to change the code the Mahindra people told that these cars comes with different immobilzers and code can't be changed. Is it true or that the show-room guys are giving them wrong information?
The immobilizers which currently come as standard on all versions of the Scorpio do not require a code which needs to be changed. What the dealer has explained to your relative is correct.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 15:33   #2756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The immobilizers which currently come as standard on all versions of the Scorpio do not require a code which needs to be changed. What the dealer has explained to your relative is correct.
Earlier genetation (2010, non mighty muscular) it can be changed
Old 10th February 2012, 15:36   #2757
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Earlier genetation (2010, non mighty muscular) it can be changed
Exactly, which is why i used the term "currently".
Old 13th February 2012, 17:18   #2758
Senior - BHPian

1. Facing a strange problem with my car. From yesterday I've noticed it. What happening is that when I take a left turn at some speed(say 20-30kmph) the ABS light glows for few moments and the Voice Warning System starts telling "Attention" and then all become normal again. Is there any problem with ABS and if there is a problem then why is it happening only when I take a left turn? Any ideas? Should I take the vehicle to workshop for inspection?

2. Also, I'm getting calls from someone claiming to be Mahindra representative for renewal of my insurance. They seem to be pushing for HDFC Ergo insurance. My previous insurance was from Royal Sundaram and according to them Mahindra had lots of complaints about Royal Sundaram in last few years and hence they are not advising for Royal Sundaram. Is the call genuine? I mean, do Mahindra takes such steps or it is some external agency who is actually calling? Also if someone has recently renewed insurance for SLE 2011, then how much was the insurance premium amount you've paid and what was the IDV for your vehicle?
Regards,
Old 14th February 2012, 15:57   #2759
BHPian

Friends,

I took my car (vlx mhawk 2009) for the nation wide free camp that Mahindra is organising and the following are the remarks from the 75 point checkup.

1. Torsion bar bushes needs replacement
2. UJ Cross (02)
3. Forward lower arm ball joint needs replacement

I was really impressed by the detailed checks performed and then discussion over the findings. My car is done 16000 plus kms and would like to know if this is kind of normal. Also would like to know if there is a way to diagnose these problems from driving the car (and not by lifting and manually checking).

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th February 2012, 16:15   #2760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
2. Also, I'm getting calls from someone claiming to be Mahindra representative for renewal of my insurance. They seem to be pushing for HDFC Ergo insurance. My previous insurance was from Royal Sundaram and according to them Mahindra had lots of complaints about Royal Sundaram in last few years and hence they are not advising for Royal Sundaram. Is the call genuine? I mean, do Mahindra takes such steps or it is some external agency who is actually calling? Also if someone has recently renewed insurance for SLE 2011, then how much was the insurance premium amount you've paid and what was the IDV for your vehicle?
Regards,
Is the call genuine?
>>>> At least I haven't heard of a manufacturer making such calls for insurance renewal.

Also if someone has recently renewed insurance for SLE 2011, then how much was the insurance premium amount you've paid and what was the IDV for your vehicle?
>>>> Mine is a Feb 2010 SLE. I renewed the insurance last week with New India. IDV Rs.6.30L and premium Rs.13,600 with all standard coverages [not a bumper to bumper policy]. Standard deduction is Rs.1000, NCB was 25%.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks