replaced parts in my VLX). I am not sure in the last 2 visits why I was
told that the issue is not there.

2. RPM: The Service Supervisor tells me:
At 80 on 5th Gear will be 2500 RPM
At 110 on 5th Gear will be 3000+

Gurus any comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi Ramkya, I did the same when the A.S.S. called me for a feedback about the last services. The clutch release has an issue yet they dont acknowledge it, saying it is normal.

Persistant issues:
1. Clutch release
2. High RPM
Old 30th April 2009, 17:56   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
What model year is your Scorpio, SamtheLeo?
I drive a 2006 Scorpio and have never faced this issue.
Dear Anup,

My Scorpio is also July 2006 & around 45 k - 50k i felt this issue & Koncept Automobiles in Noida instantly changed & solved the issue costed what 20 - 30 rs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Update:

1. Clutch Master Cylender replaced under warrenty (joins the long line of
replaced parts in my VLX). I am not sure in the last 2 visits why I was
told that the issue is not there.

2. RPM: The Service Supervisor tells me:
At 80 on 5th Gear will be 2500 RPM
At 110 on 5th Gear will be 3000+

Gurus any comments.
I drive a Scorpio SLX July 2006 & RPM which you mentioned some matches the RPM which I notice while drving except that

At 90 - 100 5th Gear it will 2500
110 -120 will take to 3000

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th April 2009 at 18:08. Reason: Use multi quote please
Old 30th April 2009, 18:32   #258
Senior - BHPian

Thanks SamtheLeo, but mine still seems to be on a higher side. Also considering the fact that I drive a MHawk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
I drive a Scorpio SLX July 2006 & RPM which you mentioned some matches the RPM which I notice while drving except that
At 90 - 100 5th Gear it will 2500
110 -120 will take to 3000
Old 2nd May 2009, 16:41   #259
Senior - BHPian

Hai Scorpers,

A squeak for your brain from my Scorp - July 2007 CRDE, 35K km.

My front fender is fixed with bolts (4?) under the number plate, I guess this is the case with most scorps. Every once in a while, say about 2-3 K kms or after driving over rough terrain, the bumper starts squeaking slightly, if unattended to, the noise progressively goes up and reaches audiable levels inside the cabin. These nuts become loose; when tightened at the ASC, the noise disappears.

Are there any other nuts or bolts other than these that holds the bumper to the car? Is anyone else experiencing the problem, do you have unsettling noises from the front bumper?

Thanks in advance for your help,

--Ramky
======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 2nd May 2009 at 16:56.
Old 3rd May 2009, 17:33   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Are there any other nuts or bolts other than these that holds the bumper to the car? Is anyone else experiencing the problem, do you have unsettling noises from the front bumper?
Ramky, I've not checked the number of nuts, but if tightening these 4 solves the noise problem ask the service centre guys to fix them with Loctite Studlock or similar 'locking' compound. This will prevent them from loosening again.
Aren't there any spring washers used with these nuts? Those would also solve the problem.
Old 4th May 2009, 06:58   #261
Senior - BHPian

the squeak comes from a worn out bush - even i faced this but got the bush changed and the noise disappeared completely

it might be a good idea to spend about 10grand and change the entire clutch assembly of the regular 2.6 Crde Scorp to the newer one which they use in the 2.2 Mhawk. It has benefited a friend of mine. But he had it done after doing more than 50K kms on his 2.6 Scorp.

POssibly one can do about 35k Km and then consider this step. I am certainly thinking on those lines so I shall probably give it one more year all going well.

Quote:
Had this persistant problem with clutch noise, was going apes with this unnerving noise, has been living with it from the time I bought it, July, 2007. Last month told the ASC guys, enough is enough, you change this or else I am going to create another scene in your show room....... it worked!!!

This problem has disappeared, ASC told me the new spring is pretty good and solves the problem...... so far so good; its a great relief not to get this squeak.

===
Old 4th May 2009, 07:34   #262
Senior - BHPian

How many people have been facing this clutch spring noise?
Am I lucky it hasn't surfaced on mine, or is it to do with the difference of being a 4WD?
But that is a nice tip, Shankar. Go in for the 'new' clutch assembly. It's a direct fit?
And where have you been all this while? A huge trip somewhere?
Old 4th May 2009, 09:18   #263
Senior - BHPian

hi pal
not really - just been lurking on the sidelines these last 2 months and observing things rather than participating.
Yes I understand it is a direct fit and apparently being a more "heavy duty, upgraded tech" unit, it will give one that much better service. Im seriously considering this now. This squeak squeak sound happens owing to the bush which gets worn out owing to city driving (higher use of clutch in traffic ridden cities with constant stop-start points like Bangalore). Also, the spring can be greased during service to stop the squeaking.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
How many people have been facing this clutch spring noise?
Am I lucky it hasn't surfaced on mine, or is it to do with the difference of being a 4WD?
But that is a nice tip, Shankar. Go in for the 'new' clutch assembly. It's a direct fit?
And where have you been all this while? A huge trip somewhere?
Old 4th May 2009, 10:24   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes I understand it is a direct fit and apparently being a more "heavy duty, upgraded tech" unit, it will give one that much better service. Im seriously considering this now.
That sure is tempting, but I'll wait. In any case the clutch on my car should come up for renewal much earlier than normal as the missus tends to ride the clutch when she drives around in the city!
I'm almost hoping now, aren't I, LOL!

But I've never had the faintest sound from the clutch pedal.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:31   #265
BHPian

I am getting lots of vibration now in my mHawk, the internal rear view mirror is vibrating and making a lot of irritating noice, this is very prevalent when I try to accelerate and it vanishes as I cross the speed of 80kmph, I am nearing to the third service , it been a long time I have take the vehicle for any long drive, still lurking at ~14K on odo, any suggestion and comment what might be casuing this excess vibration, this was surely not there before, the last tour I have done is pench jungle, and lots and lots of dust have gathered, Is this dust causing something and will cleaning airfilter have any impact!!

-Pramod
Old 4th May 2009, 15:10   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I am getting lots of vibration now in my mHawk, the internal rear view mirror is vibrating and making a lot of irritating noice, this is very prevalent when I try to accelerate and it vanishes as I cross the speed of 80kmph, I am nearing to the third service , it been a long time I have take the vehicle for any long drive, still lurking at ~14K on odo, any suggestion and comment what might be casuing this excess vibration, this was surely not there before, the last tour I have done is pench jungle, and lots and lots of dust have gathered, Is this dust causing something and will cleaning airfilter have any impact!!

-Pramod
There could be many reasons for this:

1. You could be stressing the engine out by running at low rpm on higher gears. This causes a visible shudder and if you are regularly doing this, the shudder will increase as you knock your engine about more.

2. The air filter could be clogged - thus the air-diesel mixture is less - giving the engine less of an edge when firing up quick.

3. Your mirrors could be loose - thus you notice a visible shudder more frequently.
Old 4th May 2009, 16:19   #267
Senior - BHPian

hi
in my case I ve always noticed that the internal RVM tends to vibrate - low speed, high speed, medium speed notwithstanding.
While one can see the vehicle behind etc in the rvm, one cannot read the registration number unless it comes quite close.
This is the case with the standard ORVMs as well.

I have mentioned this fact before in some of my earlier posts - it is a common problem with both Bolero and Scorpio.

However, in your case, I think redliner has diagnosed the problem well - worth giving his input a thorough check with your garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post

-Pramod
Old 4th May 2009, 17:28   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
There could be many reasons for this:
Point 1 is not valid for me, I tend to change the gear on the higher RPM rather than on lower RPM, Point 2 might be the case, 3, I checked the Mirror and the attachment seem to be OK, but may be point 2 and 3 combined, I still have 400KM before go for 3 rd servicing, if the problem gets worse I may go for early service.

-Pramod
Old 6th May 2009, 18:18   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
the squeak comes from a worn out bush - even i faced this but got the bush changed and the noise disappeared completely

it might be a good idea to spend about 10grand and change the entire clutch assembly of the regular 2.6 Crde Scorp to the newer one which they use in the 2.2 Mhawk. It has benefited a friend of mine. But he had it done after doing more than 50K kms on his 2.6 Scorp.

POssibly one can do about 35k Km and then consider this step. I am certainly thinking on those lines so I shall probably give it one more year all going well.
@ Shankar: Mine has done 35 K kms in 20 months, of this 25K is highway and about 10 K in town a little bit of riding the clutch, I tend to change gear more number of times than ride the clutch.

After the replacement of the spring, the clutch noise has disappeared, not problem, all bliss... touch wood.

@ Anupji: Will try the Lock Nut compoung and will check the sprintg washers and see the results.

@Pramods: The vibrations on the RVM and OVRMS are not pronounced enough as Sankar says in my scorp; I can read number plates of the cars behind me. The small vibes I have are on the lower gears not much of a problem.

If vibrations are pronounced and in all gears as Sankar says, it would be good to check it out with the ASC.

I think it's Ok to expect a little bit of vibrations on a diesel truck, though the Scorp CRDe is one of the most refined and smoothest at this price in Indian market now.
======
Old 6th May 2009, 22:13   #270
Senior - BHPian

in my scorp driving at 100-110 in 5th gear on a good highway I still see slight vibrations on ORVM and Inside RVM - cannot read the number plates of cars behind me till they come quite near.
always found this problem - even in my old Bolero.
must check...

Quote:
@ Shankar: Mine has done 35 K kms in 20 months, of this 25K is highway and about 10 K in town a little bit of riding the clutch, I tend to change gear more number of times than ride the clutch.

After the replacement of the spring, the clutch noise has disappeared, not problem, all bliss... touch wood.

@ Anupji: Will try the Lock Nut compoung and will check the sprintg washers and see the results.

@Pramods: The vibrations on the RVM and OVRMS are not pronounced enough as Sankar says in my scorp; I can read number plates of the cars behind me. The small vibes I have are on the lower gears not much of a problem.

If vibrations are pronounced and in all gears as Sankar says, it would be good to check it out with the ASC.

I think it's Ok to expect a little bit of vibrations on a diesel truck, though the Scorp CRDe is one of the most refined and smoothest at this price in Indian market now.
======

Most Viewed