Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 15:28   #241
Senior - BHPian

I think you are right, I have been had real bad, thats the reason I stopped at the mats, no other accessories fom the A.S.S., as a result the car is still with the factory fitted thingis except a gear lock, no decent acc. shop in my area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Day light robbery mate. Are you buying from the ASS? I have these mats (clear transparent / smoke transparent / black) in all my cars and they cost not more than Rs. 700. Black (non transparent ones are cheaper and cost around Rs. 400 - 500 only.
Old 24th April 2009, 15:37   #242
Senior - BHPian

i have got free transparent mats from the dealer. apart from that, i opted for floor lamination which covers the entire floor with a sheet of plastic.
Old 24th April 2009, 15:57   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i have got free transparent mats from the dealer. apart from that, i opted for floor lamination which covers the entire floor with a sheet of plastic.
Is that just like a plastic sheet? Seems like a good idea. How much did this cost you?
Old 24th April 2009, 16:00   #244
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raj, Can you tell more about this Floor Lamination, sounds interesting and a good way to protect the carpet.

How much did it cost you.
Quote:
Old 24th April 2009, 16:03   #245
Senior - BHPian

yes red liner & upreti, its just like a plastic sheet tightly press fitted onto the floor, like you get in normal lamination.
it was done at the mahindra dealer (global gallarie, thane) when the car was bought & it costed me around 2500-3000.
Old 24th April 2009, 17:49   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Which are the best floor mats for the Scorpio? Can we have some pictures of the ones you guys are using? What kind of material is best suited for filthy shoes most of the time inside the car?
These mats are being used in my scorpio since 2004, they are washable. The top layer is kind of hard velvety material and the bottom layer is kind of plastic like rubber with spikes which does not allow water to ruin the OE flooring of the scorp.

Some pics of the mats(without washing , hehehe)

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-mat2.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-mat.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-24042009851.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-24042009850.jpg

Current status of the OE flooring of my scorp:
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-24042009846.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-24042009848.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-24042009849.jpg
Old 27th April 2009, 12:31   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Venky, read your owner's manual carefully - there WILL be a mention of this somewhere. They don't put stickers on the dashboard anymore but they still mention it.

The initial lot of turbo diesels (most manufacturers) had a sticker on the dash or the door (inside) advising you to idle for at least 30 seconds after starting and before switching off.
The initial lot of MPFI petrols (most manufacturers) had stickers cautioning you against using the accelerator while cranking.
I am talking about the Safari's having to idle for 30 seconds to a minute on cold start - and before switching off for good at night. Is this the case with our mHawks?
Old 27th April 2009, 12:36   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am talking about the Safari's having to idle for 30 seconds to a minute on cold start - and before switching off for good at night. Is this the case with our mHawks?
Red, call it 'good practice' or whatever but yes, this is a routine that is best performed.
It has always been recommended for petrol engined cars too. The turbo in modern cars is a rather delicate piece of machinery and can suffer unduly if this procedure is not followed.
Old 27th April 2009, 13:55   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is required in all turbo vehicles and not 30 sec just on cold start , It is every time before you move or shut down your engine. i think earlier Scorpio OVRMs used to have this sticker.
The reason I heard is that Turbo bearings are lubricated by engine oil so while starting idle time is to lubricate the bearings and while shuting down engine you need to give some time for cooling off. Due to high RPM turbo becomes red hot, If the oil supply is cut then turbo bearings may Jam due to cocking.
I saw one Turbo Timer in Korea once which can be fitted as an aftermarket accessory but at that time had no Turbo Engine so did not purchase, will try to search whenever I go there again.

Quote:
yes red liner & upreti, its just like a plastic sheet tightly press fitted onto the floor, like you get in normal lamination.
it was done at the mahindra dealer (global gallarie, thane) when the car was bought & it costed me around 2500-3000.
2500 Rs !! Correct me If I am wrong but the plastic sheet covers the floor carpet by default from factory until the showroom guys tear it apart. We still have it in our old Corsa and in Safari I asked them not to remove any plastic from carpet. Only fallback is the mat slips a bit
Old 27th April 2009, 13:58   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post

I've had this clunk sound from the clutch pedal for long and have now got used to it. Everytime I bring up this issue during servicing, the mechanic applies some oil/grease and says - 'sookha chal raha tha, greasing kar diya'. And I live with it..It is the sound from the pedal spring.

Dear,

I also got this but changed the spring & yes it is not that costly. Immediately solved the issue
Old 27th April 2009, 14:50   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
I also got this but changed the spring & yes it is not that costly. Immediately solved the issue
What model year is your Scorpio, SamtheLeo?
I drive a 2006 Scorpio and have never faced this issue.
Old 27th April 2009, 16:12   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Dear,

Had this persistant problem with clutch noise, was going apes with this unnerving noise, has been living with it from the time I bought it, July, 2007. Last month told the ASC guys, enough is enough, you change this or else I am going to create another scene in your show room....... it worked!!!

This problem has disappeared, ASC told me the new spring is pretty good and solves the problem...... so far so good; its a great relief not to get this squeak.

===
Old 27th April 2009, 16:43   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
2500 Rs !! Correct me If I am wrong but the plastic sheet covers the floor carpet by default from factory until the showroom guys tear it apart. We still have it in our old Corsa and in Safari I asked them not to remove any plastic from carpet. Only fallback is the mat slips a bit
LOL! its not a thin plastic sheet which can be torn off. its a thick plastic sheet which covers the entite floor like a lamination. its not present in the corsa or safari.
Old 27th April 2009, 17:06   #254
Senior - BHPian

[quote=badboyscad;1275343]These mats are being used in my scorpio since 2004, they are washable. The top layer is kind of hard velvety material and the bottom layer is kind of plastic like rubber with spikes which does not allow water to ruin the OE flooring of the scorp.

Some pics of the mats(without washing , hehehe)

Attachment 128999

/quote]
these mats are really good I am also using the same got FOC from dealer after a little hassle only negative point is that these are for urban settings not good for muddy areas.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:11   #255
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ramkya, I did the same when the A.S.S. called me for a feedback about the last services. The clutch release has an issue yet they dont acknowledge it, saying it is normal.

They wanted me come back to the A.S.S. I refused so thay have picked the car today from the office & promised that everything will be taken care of this time.

Persistant issues:

1. Clutch release
2. High RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Had this persistant problem with clutch noise, was going apes with this unnerving noise, has been living with it from the time I bought it, July, 2007. Last month told the ASC guys, enough is enough, you change this or else I am going to create another scene in your show room....... it worked!!!

This problem has disappeared, ASC told me the new spring is pretty good and solves the problem...... so far so good; its a great relief not to get this squeak.

===

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks