Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2011, 12:56   #2521
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Thanks, by any chance do you have it for the engine bay fuse box also, the original print is all but washed away.
Have one isn't clear enough. Give time till tomorrow i will post it.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2011, 20:54   #2522
Distinguished - BHPian

What does one do with a squeaky front left seat that cannot be made to shut up since the last 40,000 km? The ASC guys finally had it with me today; I've been asked to write an email and escalate the issue with M&M directly, and that they cannot do anything more about it.

What does one do about a right front fog lamp that's not in stock? I was called on the phone and told that it was in stock one week ago, but since I was travelling, I couldn't have it installed. I am told today that all stocks are exhausted, and some 70 (yep, that's SEVENTY) fog lamps were replaced in the last week since stocks came.

Hmmm... remarkable!
Old 15th October 2011, 11:42   #2523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am seeing a strange issue for the last 2 days, on switching on the car(engine still off) the Tachometer needle is jumping wildly all over the place. Once the engine is started it works normally. Any ideas what could be the issue.
Posting of a video of the dancing tech. needle taken this morning, the ignishion was on but the engine was switched off. Any pointers.

Old 19th October 2011, 20:39   #2524
Distinguished - BHPian

I do not know whether this is any issue or any solution. Its some information about the Scorpio to be shared with enthusiasts. As we are aware M&M have very different technical specifications for defence supplies. The Army, Navy and Air Force orders vehicles to suit their nature of duties.
As we are seeing the Scorpio has become the official car of the Chief of the Air Staff. The Indian Navy is also getting Scorpios for its senior officials.
Today, I was following a black Air Force Scorpio.The Air Force Scorpios are black with silver cladding.Their Ambassadors were painted Air Force Blue.The Army had black Ambassadors while the Navy had white Ambassadors.
Air Force has perhaps changed over to the black colour. Back to the Scorpio, its number plate had "09" as the first two digits which indicate the year of manufacture viz. 2009.The Scorpio was the refreshed version as was evident from the cladding and other features. But to my surprise the Scorpio was badged Scorpio CRDe 2.6L, SLX, 4 WD.So here comes the refreshed bodyshell with the 2.6 CRDe engine.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 19th October 2011 at 20:49.
Old 19th October 2011, 20:46   #2525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
...the Scorpio was badged Scorpio CRDe 2.6L, SLX, 4 WD.So here comes the refreshed bodyshell with the 2.6 CRDe engine.
There was a short period of time when the Refresh body style was available with both the 2.6 and 2.2 engines. During this period (sometime in the first half of 2009) the Air Force procured a number of 2.6 4wd Refresh vehicles (IIRC 70-80 vehicles).
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 18:24   #2526
Senior - BHPian

Anyone have any contact no of SKS service center? I've been trying to call these two numbers (43477777 and 43477999) that I found on the net but no-one is picking up the calls except once. Even that time also when I asked the lady to connect me to service center but even after waiting for 5 mins no-one bothered to answer. I hope there service also is not lax like this. I wanted to give my Scorpio for service there (BG Road) as it's closer to my home but now I'm thinking it might be a bad decision :(
Old 21st October 2011, 12:08   #2527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Posting of a video of the dancing tech. needle taken this morning, the ignishion was on but the engine was switched off. Any pointers.
Since the Tacho works on signal from Alternator, I have a feeling that some stray current is coming in. Please check all wiring.

Cheers

Last edited by bblost : 2nd November 2011 at 13:52. Reason: removed video from quoted post. Thanks.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 12:51   #2528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Anyone have any contact no of SKS service center? I've been trying to call these two numbers (43477777 and 43477999) that I found on the net but no-one is picking up the calls except once.
A search for SKS in Justdial, Bangalore throws up this number: 66497254. Try it and see if you get through, else wait for someone else to reply to your post.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 21st October 2011 at 12:53.
Old 21st October 2011, 12:59   #2529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
A search for SKS in Justdial, Bangalore throws up this number: 66497254. Try it and see if you get through, else wait for someone else to reply to your post.

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks, but today morning I was able to get through their numbers that I've posted in my previous post. But they told me that they need to be informed a day before as per their procedure and so I had to take the vehicle to Sireesh instead. Man, the traffic is really horrible around 9.30am at BTM. So may be next time I'll give the car to SKS for service.
Old 21st October 2011, 15:47   #2530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Since the Tacho works on signal from Alternator, I have a feeling that some stray current is coming in. Please check all wiring.Cheers
Thanks for the advise MileCruncher will have it checked out over the weekend.
Old 21st October 2011, 20:40   #2531
BHPian

Hi,
I have a non-crde Scorpio Turbo 2.6Dx which has done 85,000 kms .
I have been changing Engine Oil, filters every 5000 kms at the authorized service center till 75,000 kms.
Today after it had run 10,000 kms since the last oil change, I decided to get the oil changed at the friendly neighborhood garage.

I went looking for Mobil Delvac MX as recommended in this and other forums. Somehow all the shops I visited had Mobil Delvac 1300 15-40 instead. They seem to not know about Mobil Delvac MX somehow. I have changed the oil to Mobil Delvac 1300 15-40. 6 Litres (5+ 1) costed me about Rs 1,250/= . Does anybody know what is the difference between Mobil Delvac MX and Mobil Delvac 1300 ? Has anybody used Mobil Delvac 1300 ?

Styler

Last edited by Styler : 21st October 2011 at 20:41.
Old 22nd October 2011, 12:34   #2532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Hi,
I have a non-crde Scorpio Turbo 2.6Dx which has done 85,000 kms .
I have been changing Engine Oil, filters every 5000 kms at the authorized service center till 75,000 kms.
Today after it had run 10,000 kms since the last oil change, I decided to get the oil changed at the friendly neighborhood garage.

I went looking for Mobil Delvac MX as recommended in this and other forums. Somehow all the shops I visited had Mobil Delvac 1300 15-40 instead. They seem to not know about Mobil Delvac MX somehow. I have changed the oil to Mobil Delvac 1300 15-40. 6 Litres (5+ 1) costed me about Rs 1,250/= . Does anybody know what is the difference between Mobil Delvac MX and Mobil Delvac 1300 ? Has anybody used Mobil Delvac 1300 ?

Styler
The Mobil USA page explains it all
Mobil USA | Heavy-Duty Engine Oils | Mobil Delvac Engine Oils

Seems that MX is a sub-set of 1300 (High Performance & Extra High Performance respectively)
Old 23rd October 2011, 10:37   #2533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The Mobil USA page explains it all
Mobil USA | Heavy-Duty Engine Oils | Mobil Delvac Engine Oils

Seems that MX is a sub-set of 1300 (High Performance & Extra High Performance respectively)
Thanks for the link. the Mobil Delvac 1300 Super is listed as Extra High Performance, compated to the Delvac MX which is stated to be High Performance. There would not be much difference though.

I have dirven the Scorpio a little after the Oil Change from the Mahindra Crown. I would say nothing spectacular, I just feel a marginal improvement in noise and vibration.

Styler

Last edited by Styler : 23rd October 2011 at 10:38.
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:49   #2534
Senior - BHPian

Its been 20 days since I bought the Scorp and I am already closing in on 2000 kms. While the engine is great and i have faced no issues with the gear shift either, one thing that is annoying me no end is the RATTLES!! the Scorp has already been to the Workshop once where they claimed to adjust the door catch for the passenger front door and (i kid you not!) the screws on the roof rail that was causing the rattles. IT was all quiet for 2 days and voila, the rattles are back in all their glory! damn frustrating.....and I have not yet mentioned the rattles from the rear seats which the workshop claims are par t and parcel of the package and not really solvable!

any pointers?
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:15   #2535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Its been 20 days since I bought the Scorp and I am already closing in on 2000 kms. While the engine is great and i have faced no issues with the gear shift either, one thing that is annoying me no end is the RATTLES!! the Scorp has already been to the Workshop once where they claimed to adjust the door catch for the passenger front door and (i kid you not!) the screws on the roof rail that was causing the rattles. IT was all quiet for 2 days and voila, the rattles are back in all their glory! damn frustrating.....and I have not yet mentioned the rattles from the rear seats which the workshop claims are par t and parcel of the package and not really solvable!
any pointers?
Don't worry you will learn to live with these small things while you enjoy the monester. The best way is to take a spanner yourself once in a while and tighten all the nuts and bolts (thats what I do)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks