Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 18:40   #2476
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
MhHWK ELECTRONICS GOING APES!!!
1. The microhybrid does not kick in.
Mine never worked from the start and it was rectified by replacing a clutch pedal sensor/switch.

Quote:
2. The hand brake warning voice over comes on when it wants,
The sensor for the hand brake lever is sensitive and lever needs to be pushed all the way down. Few times for me, the lever was like 1/2 cm up and the hand brake warning was given. The hand brake warning switch/sensor cold also require some adjustment in your case.

Quote:
3. Don't understand the rain sensor, read about how it works etc.
Rain sensor does have a mind of it's own. May have to do with the position of the sensor on the windshield. Many times the windshield is fully covered with water and the damn thing doesn't come on. As SS-Traveller said, I just use the swipe feature on the wiper stalk to get over this issue But yes, the auto wiper is very annoying, especially since there is no intermittent speed available in wiper control and you are forced to use the auto wiper.
Old 20th September 2011, 19:23   #2477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ASC's have no code of conduct, sales force do not know the S of Selling, C of the CRM, Q of quality service, C of Customer Satisfaction, T of training from what I have seen and heard. If only they can whip their ASC's into line, they can have us eating from their palms with open purse strings / cheques, wonder why someone up there do not see the road ahead or big picture.

There's something very wrong in the whole structure of the ASC; the sales force are not paid enough / low quality of people selected too / high people turnover, the Service Advisers lament about payment and delayed payments and don't seem to be attached to M&M or ASC, everyone is going through the motions but the bonding is missing. This is so different in contrast to Hundai, Ford or Maturi I have experienced!!!

. Just my take, would be interesting to hear other views.

--Ramky
=====
I have been harping about the attitude of the ASC since 2008 when I bought my Scorpio, barring one (which was a surprise) every visit has been a nightmare ending up in a heated discussion on the quality of work, overcharging, delayed deliveries, unavailability of parts. Almost every time I have had to escalate within M&M going to the level of the MD. But I guess a history dealing and taking the government, buyers and the rural folk for a royal ride (nothing against these groups) has made these people indifferent.
Old 20th September 2011, 19:35   #2478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I have been harping about the attitude of the ASC since 2008 when I bought my Scorpio, barring one (which was a surprise) every visit has been a nightmare ending up in a heated discussion on the quality of work, overcharging, delayed deliveries, unavailability of parts. Almost every time I have had to escalate within M&M going to the level of the MD. But I guess a history dealing and taking the government, buyers and the rural folk for a royal ride (nothing against these groups) has made these people indifferent.
I guess you must be right, it's probably cultural and counter-productive in the long run. When the tide turns, it would be difficult to hold on to customers and fiercely competitive markets have proven brand loyalties can disappear fast.

@4X4 Addict: Tnx for validating my fears, was thinking I am the only one. Sometimes the sensor needs torrents to wake up and sometimes it goes hyper on drizzles The wiper thing is a real pain without slow wipe on the stalk switch; using the wiper stalk is a let down, this auto is supposed to ease the manual work.

--Ramky
=====
Old 20th September 2011, 20:30   #2479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict
Mine never worked from the start and it was rectified by replacing a clutch pedal sensor...
LOL... I've had that clutch pedal switch replaced thrice already... Maybe I'll ask for a few spare ones too before I run out of warranty! Not that they're too expensive - about 350 INR each - but why can't the vendor make them better?!
Old 21st September 2011, 09:04   #2480
Senior - BHPian

My Scorpio performed beautifully on a trip to Madras and back last week. AC on all the time on account of a hot day. good speeds. good Fuel Efficiency - 12.6 kmpl overall. I did about 800 odd kms on the trip. As usual the engine felt lovely on the highway.
Yesterday in the morning on the office commute the AC worked very well but I thought it was beginning to falter a bit.
took it across to SKS Auto workshop on Hosur road and asked them to check.
The AC gas level has come down on account of some small leakage in the pipes somehwere is what his diagnosis is.
Also wanted an opinion on the clutch - 46000 plus kms done now.
The mechanics said there was absolutely no problem with the clutch but the spring and bushes need to be changed and lubricated for better tension.
Else no problems. I guess I should get the vehicle back later this evening all sorted.
Not bad for the bus - 3 years and 6 months into its life it has hardly given me any serious concerns.
Overall these mechanical Scorpios are super reliable. I am worried only when the M&M chaps venture into the unexplored realms of electronics!!
Old 21st September 2011, 09:24   #2481
BHPian

I have a encountered a problem this morning on 2004 Scorpio. It has been absolutely fine for the last 90K kms. It has been serviced with all filters changed and oil changed, including a new clutch assembly. The car started and the RPM was at 600rpm, before I could realize, it stopped and did not start again.

Do any of you face any similar problem or does anybody can gauge what could be wrong?

Thanks for any assitance
Old 21st September 2011, 09:34   #2482
BHPian

I have encountered a problem in the last 7 years of my 2004 Scorpio, Non CRDe,
It started, noticed the RPM low at 600, instead of the usual 900-950, before I could push the accelerator, it stopped and refused to start again. It is has been serviced just last week. The lights on dash are all working

Please do let me know if any of you have faced this problem or can anybody suggest what could have gone wrong and what to look for.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Old 21st September 2011, 10:17   #2483
Senior - BHPian

severely bad news on my Scorpio.
I believe the AC Evaporator has sprung a leak.
Hence the cost is going to be large
9750 for the part .
2000 odd for AC Gas refilling
2500 odd for labour

15 grand goes BOOM!

And I will get it back only tomorrow or day after as it is a major job.

All this because I just felt the AC was faltering!! Glad I checked in a timely manner though.

Since the vehicle is still covered by Extended Warranty I wonder if this problem will get looked after without me being out of pocket. Checking with the M&M guys they said to bring them the Extended Warranty Book. Apparently in some models of vehicles it is covered and in some models it is not covered.
I wonder how such a strange policy can be there in the first place!
Will update once the info is clear.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 21st September 2011 at 10:27.
Old 21st September 2011, 13:01   #2484
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
It started, noticed the RPM low at 600, instead of the usual 900-950, before I could push the accelerator, it stopped and refused to start again. It is has been serviced just last week. The lights on dash are all working
To begin with, the rpm meter in the dash need not be correct. It should be cross checked with a tool available at most ASCs and garages.

Adjusting the idling RPM, especially on non CRDes is easy. Please take it to any ASC and they will do it correctly and within 15 minutes. Try to avoid going to a local garage for the setting unless you know the place well.
Old 21st September 2011, 14:47   #2485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since the vehicle is still covered by Extended Warranty I wonder if this problem will get looked after without me being out of pocket.
Shankar,

it should be covered under warranty. The same thing happened for my car as well and I had the A/C evoparator changed free of cost.
It is a very laborious process!
Old 21st September 2011, 15:12   #2486
Senior - BHPian

Yep. UPDATE:

Checked this morning itself with the SKS chaps here (Service Centre) where I bought the Warranty.
And they have confirmed that it is indeed covered under the warranty.
So some money saved then.

But it is like you said a very laborious process and they will have the vehicle with them till tomorrow end of day at least. Maybe even till Friday 1st half.

So it is Auto Rickshaws for me for the next day or two!
It is times like this when I grumble about having sold the other car. But luckily times like these are relatively few and far between and serve also to give me a simple reality check in life, travelling by regular public transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Shankar,

it should be covered under warranty. The same thing happened for my car as well and I had the A/C evoparator changed free of cost.
It is a very laborious process!
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:40   #2487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So it is Auto Rickshaws for me for the next day or two!
Enjoy the blast of air(fresh or polluted) on your face!
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:47   #2488
Senior - BHPian

so the vehicle is getting back in an hour.
SKS Auto service has looked after me very well indeed I must say. They deserve appreciation.

The AC Gas charging is something I ve got to pay for - about 2500/-
Some other small jobs relating to clutch bushes and springs - about 750/-

The big expense of the AC Evaporator coil and its labour - 9750 + 2500 = is free of charge on account of Extended Warranty.

Best thing is that I will check the vehicle thoroughly and then pay the bill.

Good folks there I must say.

A good reason for restoration of faith in M&M Service and consumer attitude - in my experience SKS has consistently treated me very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Enjoy the blast of air(fresh or polluted) on your face!
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:44   #2489
Senior - BHPian

so theyve delivered the vehicle back to me. drives like a dream. ac works perfectly.
problems solved.

best part is that they ve asked me to pay up only later - Sat or Mon as soon as their extended warranty related internal processes are over and the bill is fiinally ready
they were good enough to NOT keep me waiting for my vehicle but rather, have deferred the bill payment!
this is excellent consumer care in my book.
good guys the M&M/ SKS Auto combo
Old 22nd September 2011, 19:41   #2490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
so theyve delivered the vehicle back to me. drives like a dream. ac works perfectly.this is excellent consumer care in my book.
good guys the M&M/ SKS Auto combo
Good for you, at least some one has appreciation for the M&M service

Quote:
The wiper thing is a real pain without slow wipe on the stalk switch; using the wiper stalk is a let down, this auto is supposed to ease the manual work. --Ramky
=====
The wipers indeed have a mind of their own, full downpour they would be moving leisurely across forcing on the use of the manual mode.
The rear wiper though manual has no options except a single speed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks