Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2009, 23:04   #226
Senior - BHPian

I have the same problem. The clutch comes up slowly and the final pop up is accompanied by a noise "thuck".

A.S.S. says it is normal. I tried with 2-3 Scorps which were there for service, more or less similar issue. .

Another one with my Scorp, after dirving for some time the gear lever is getting unscrewed from the base, I have to keep a tab and tighten it up every now and then, lest it come in my hands while I am trying to change.

Will have it clecked in the second service on Tuesday. The issue has come up after the A.S.S. did up the packing around the gear lever as it was viberating too much and heating up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
My clutch after being depressed comes back slowly and I feel just before coming fully it takes a break. Is it what you are talking about?
Old 19th April 2009, 23:30   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
again quite strange!
i find the insulation in terms of engine noise, road noise & tyre noise to be better than both the innova & safari.
I think only to your ears other may differ on this so no point in these kind of comparisons,
Old 20th April 2009, 08:31   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I have the same problem. The clutch comes up slowly and the final pop up is accompanied by a noise "thuck".

A.S.S. says it is normal. I tried with 2-3 Scorps which were there for service, more or less similar issue. .

Another one with my Scorp, after dirving for some time the gear lever is getting unscrewed from the base, I have to keep a tab and tighten it up every now and then, lest it come in my hands while I am trying to change.

Will have it clecked in the second service on Tuesday. The issue has come up after the A.S.S. did up the packing around the gear lever as it was viberating too much and heating up.
no sir, its not normal.

gear lever getting unscrewed? i think its high time your car gets a thorough check-up so that nothing nasty occurs whilst driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I think only to your ears other may differ on this so no point in these kind of comparisons,
sure, when did i say mine is the final verdict!
those who own or have driven the trio may be in a better position to comment.
Old 20th April 2009, 10:18   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Bah, screw the innova and safari. I hate getting second best. I will figure out a way to just insulate this thing myself. And i am going to kill if a solution is not found for the clutch spring.
Ok So if you are interested in a DIY here is a my 2 Paisa bit.
In the mHwack I have seen there is no sound insulation sheet in the bonnet
( I do not know if this is true for all mHwacks or not)

(1) You can go to a Tata A.S.S and buy the Grey color sound insulation sheet meant for Safari bonnet and apply it in your vehicle , As the size is almost same it would be a straight fit.

PS : Do not use the usual ICE sound deadening material such as NoiseKill or Dynamite inside engine bay because they are bitumen based and IMHO will melt due to engine heat.

(2) Go for undrbody dynitrile rust protection tratment , it will reduce the road noise to some extent , 3M costs around 3500 Rs.

(3) See DIY threads in ICE section for door pad sound deadning , People have applied simple rubber sheets , Yogamats etc for cost effective sound deadning.
Quote:
Well those who sit in rear seat can also tell , I find my office pickup / drop Innova V a lot quieter inside the cabin and car like.

Last edited by amitk26 : 20th April 2009 at 10:22. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 20th April 2009, 11:02   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is that correct? Does it interfere with the scoop airflow?
My 2.6 CRDe has insulation applied on the underside of the bonnet.

Last edited by anupmathur : 20th April 2009 at 11:03.
Old 20th April 2009, 14:31   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I am not too sure Anup Ji , M&M sales person at vijay auto opened bonnet to show thick sheet metal of bonnet as a feature for demonstrating toughness of the vehicle during test ride of new Scorpio , The first thing I noticed was no Insulation sheet.

I am not too sure that if it was removed or not and if in the customer vehicles they provide it.
Old 20th April 2009, 14:46   #232
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Well those who sit in rear seat can also tell , I find my office pickup / drop Innova V a lot quieter inside the cabin and car like.
i have been in all the three vehicle and have test driven the new look innova and new look mhawk. imho the scorpio was the most silent. the only vibration i could feel was in the gear stick which even the innova has. but talking about silent of all, no doubt the scorpio.
Old 20th April 2009, 15:29   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am not too sure Anup Ji , M&M sales person at vijay auto opened bonnet to show thick sheet metal of bonnet as a feature for demonstrating toughness of the vehicle during test ride of new Scorpio , The first thing I noticed was no Insulation sheet.

I am not too sure that if it was removed or not and if in the customer vehicles they provide it.
This sheet is present in my car. And thus will be present in all Scorps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
i have been in all the three vehicle and have test driven the new look innova and new look mhawk. imho the scorpio was the most silent. the only vibration i could feel was in the gear stick which even the innova has. but talking about silent of all, no doubt the scorpio.
I have not test driven the Safari and the Innova. I think I will do this - this week end to get an idea. I really need to get the clutch spring figured out.
Old 20th April 2009, 19:17   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
he is kidding anup sir! every scorpio has an insulation in the bonnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
so amit, i am not the only one who thinks so. so my ears are not all that bad!

i almost travel on a daily basis in the scorpio, safari & innova. thats the reason i commented that the scorpio is the most silent. not to start any comparisons.
Old 20th April 2009, 19:57   #235
Senior - BHPian

Not Kidding see the demo white mHwack at Vijay Moters at Koramangla 80 feet road Bangalore , The sales pitch there is to show the sheet metal thickness to prove the point and there is no insulation sheet under the bonnet I could see the support members ( or whatever is correct technical term for extra metal peaces to make bonnet stiff) and air scoop from below.
Actually I went with a friend to whom I have suggested Scorpio SLE due to ABS and VFM.
Those who are in Bangalore can check out.

Quote:

he is kidding anup sir! every scorpio has an insulation in the bonnet.

so amit, i am not the only one who thinks so. so my ears are not all that bad!

i almost travel on a daily basis in the scorpio, safari & innova. thats the reason i commented that the scorpio is the most silent. not to start any comparisons.

Last edited by amitk26 : 20th April 2009 at 20:02.
Old 20th April 2009, 20:09   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

The idiots must have removed them...Vijai auto on K'mangala has shut down by the way...maybe they plucked out the insulation and sold it.
Old 23rd April 2009, 13:34   #237
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raj,

I told the A.S.S. guys the same.

My 2nd Service sheet reads the following

1. RPM Setting
2. Clutch Adjust
3. Tightened Gear lever

No change in the high engine revving
No Change in Clutch Behaviour
Gear leaver is now fine, earlier it was coming loose every few Kms.

Desperately looking for a buyer now . Also awaiting a quote from Mahindra Xmart, they had a look at the vehicle while on service on tuesday.

Quote:
no sir, its not normal.

gear lever getting unscrewed? i think its high time your car gets a thorough check-up so that nothing nasty occurs whilst driving.

Last edited by m_upreti : 23rd April 2009 at 13:37.
Old 24th April 2009, 12:10   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Best Floor Mats for Scorpio

Which are the best floor mats for the Scorpio? Can we have some pictures of the ones you guys are using? What kind of material is best suited for filthy shoes most of the time inside the car?

I have already managed the screw up the carpet in the car since I have been delaying the floor mats for quite a while.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:40   #239
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Go for the transclusent rubber mats they are the best (1900/2000 Rs. for the set). I couldnt get the same so had to make do with the black rubber mats (Rs. 2100), they have already started to tear up from the sides, but the original factory fitted mats and the carpet are good as new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Which are the best floor mats for the Scorpio? Can we have some pictures of the ones you guys are using? What kind of material is best suited for filthy shoes most of the time inside the car?

I have already managed the screw up the carpet in the car since I have been delaying the floor mats for quite a while.
Old 24th April 2009, 15:14   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi, Go for the transclusent rubber mats they are the best (1900/2000 Rs. for the set). I couldnt get the same so had to make do with the black rubber mats (Rs. 2100), they have already started to tear up from the sides, but the original factory fitted mats and the carpet are good as new.
Day light robbery mate. Are you buying from the ASS? I have these mats (clear transparent / smoke transparent / black) in all my cars and they cost not more than Rs. 700. Black (non transparent ones are cheaper and cost around Rs. 400 - 500 only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks