Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2011, 12:56   #2356
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This is the indicator i was referring to :

Attachment 590738

I also noticed today that when i press the horn for an extended beep, the sound is not consistent, and varies. Signs pointing towards a weak battery, perhaps?
Apart from what SS-T wrote, you should also check the belt. I think the issue may have been caused by the belt slipping on the pulley and not passing the motion to the rotor shaft in the alternator. Ideally the moment you start the engine the light should go off.

Cheers
Old 10th August 2011, 19:34   #2357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post

Ak916,

I think you had been taken for a ride, which ASC are you going for the Service ? seat covers and warranty void !!!

Raghu..
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post

About the void seat warranty and the seat covers allegedly responsible for this, tomorrow they may say that if non- family members are seated on the seats, the warranty becomes void!
The front suspension link rod change also shows the ASSC's doubtful integrity. It will be better to go to a better outlet the next time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
What rubbish! Raise a complaint on email with the M&M customer care people, asking for your money back.

Link rods don't need changing, the bushes wear out and can be changed individually. And that too, not at 20k km (unless you've been constantly off-roading!).

Something very fishy at this ASC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Ak, which service center is this? As the others have mentioned, escalate this issue to M&M customer care, you would definitely get your money back. Also, please list the name of the dealer here, so others can be better informed of their practices.
Hello all,

I got the car serviced at India Garage, Mahadevpura (Near ITPL), Bangalore.

The "hospitality manager" I spoke to confirmed mahindra has authorized them to charge 360/- (not 200/- as i mentioned earlier) to tighten the seats and that this is very "normal". I am going to speak with Mahindra about it and will let you guys know.

My bill @ 20k service was -

Maxsmile Crown 6LT - 1287/-
fuel filter cartr - 1426/-
oil filter element - 132/-
GPS - 2700/-
ENGINE FLUSHING - 682
ATT SEAT WORKS - 360
VAT - 398/-
TAX - 385/-

Please let me know what seems odd in teh above bill... the only fishy item is the engine flushing, i suppose.

P.S: Car washing was not done since it was raining and I was also not keen on waiting for the rain to subside. They told me that car washing is not included in the above bill and if i was to get it washed, they would charge me extra!
Old 10th August 2011, 19:43   #2358
BHPian

Ak916,

Yes, Engine Flushing is one thing which they added as usual, and next is the GPS , i hope this is the "must pay" 20k service amount ....

you could have avoided this ... IG Whitefield and Vic Layout ASC is normally a good place to service the Scorp , let me know in case u need any help there. i usually go to Vic Layout .

Raghu..
Old 10th August 2011, 19:45   #2359
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys.
Got it serviced and bill came out to be 2387INR.
Oil was changed at 15K since i am sticking to 10K oil change interval.
Diesel filter was the only part that was replaced,cost me 1500 bucks.
The service advisor was recommending,de carbonization,i strictly told him to not to do so.
It was raining so didnt get it washed.
GPS cost without washing was 500 bucks?????
How come you guys paid 2700?????

Last edited by akshay4587 : 10th August 2011 at 19:47.
Old 10th August 2011, 19:47   #2360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
The "hospitality manager" I spoke to confirmed mahindra has authorized them to charge 360/- (not 200/- as i mentioned earlier) to tighten the seats and that this is very "normal".
Your vehicle is under warranty, and if seats start to loosen and fall off, you are not expected to pay for tightening them. Ask the hospitality manager to show you a written notification from M&M before you pay up such ridiculous charges.

Quote:

GPS - 2700/-
ENGINE FLUSHING - 682

ATT SEAT WORKS - 360
VAT - 398/-
TAX - 385/-
Er... what's GPS?

And which M&M notification asks the ASC to do engine flush? Go ask the hospitality manager that, and ask him to pay you your money back!
Old 10th August 2011, 19:53   #2361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your vehicle is under warranty, and if seats start to loosen and fall off, you are not expected to pay for tightening them. Ask the hospitality manager to show you a written notification from M&M before you pay up such ridiculous charges.

Er... what's GPS?

And which M&M notification asks the ASC to do engine flush? Go ask the hospitality manager that, and ask him to pay you your money back!
GPS=General Paid Service.in this context
Not global positioning system
Old 10th August 2011, 19:58   #2362
BHPian

Akshay,

The bill looks good and fair. i said Rs. 500, if you are NOT changing the Engine Oil and Filter, just top ups.

Regds
Raghu.

Last edited by vraghuz : 10th August 2011 at 20:00.
Old 10th August 2011, 20:07   #2363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Ok, understood.

Paid service rate recommended by M&M for Scorpio is Rs.1600 including washing, and Rs.1200 without washing. At least that's what I pay at Koncept Auto, New Delhi.

Does that say something about India Garage?

My 20k service cost was Rs.4395 including oil & oil filter change, diesel filter change and paid service including washing. That corresponds pretty well with akshay4587's amount of Rs.2387 excluding oil change and washing.

Incidentally, all ASCs have this 'OR' game that they play - engine flush, decarb, underbody coating, polishing, upholstery cleaning, diesel additive - if you refuse to have these added, they scratch the item out and write OR, i.e. owner refused. These are all so-called value-add items that the service advisor is supposed to make you pay for so that the ASC can make some quick bucks. None of these are recommended procedures from M&M.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 10th August 2011 at 20:09.
Old 10th August 2011, 20:10   #2364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, understood.

Paid service rate recommended by M&M for Scorpio is Rs.1600 including washing, and Rs.1200 without washing. At least that's what I pay at Koncept Auto, New Delhi.

Does that say something about India Garage?

My 20k service cost was Rs.4395 including oil & oil filter change, diesel filter change and paid service including washing. That corresponds pretty well with akshay4587's amount of Rs.2387 excluding oil change and washing.

Incidentally, all ASCs have this 'OR' game that they play - engine flush, decarb, underbody coating, polishing, upholstery cleaning, diesel additive - if you refuse to have these added, they scratch the item out and write OR, i.e. owner refused. These are all so-called value-add items that the service advisor is supposed to make you pay for so that the ASC can make some quick bucks.
I got it Serviced from Goel motors Mohali.
And they quoted 800 for Paid service with washing and 500 without.
Since it was raining i didnt get it washed.
How come the other Aftersales are charging double\thrice the amount?
they did whatever is needed in a service for 500 bucks?
Old 10th August 2011, 20:19   #2365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

I got the car serviced at India Garage, Mahadevpura (Near ITPL), Bangalore.

The "hospitality manager" I spoke to confirmed mahindra has authorized them to charge 360/- (not 200/- as i mentioned earlier) to tighten the seats and that this is very "normal". I am going to speak with Mahindra about it and will let you guys know.

GPS - 2700/-
ENGINE FLUSHING - 682
ATT SEAT WORKS - 360
VAT - 398/-
TAX - 385/-

Please let me know what seems odd in teh above bill... the only fishy item is the engine flushing, i suppose.

P.S: Car washing was not done since it was raining and I was also not keen on waiting for the rain to subside. They told me that car washing is not included in the above bill and if i was to get it washed, they would charge me extra!
Quote:
Not global positioning system
General Paid Service includes Washing! It seems that this workshop is a major con job and they require a customer like me to set their act straight.

And please do not, I repeat DO NOT get engine flushing/ decarbonising done at anything before 1 Lakh Kms. The engine oil in a diesel engine does the job quite well!
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 20:53   #2366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Goel motors Mohali.
800 for Paid service with washing and 500 without.
Hmm... this is interesting! Variable charges at different ASCs... needs some enquiring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
General Paid Service includes Washing! It seems that this workshop is a major con job and they require a customer like me to set their act straight.

Quote:
And please do not, I repeat DO NOT get engine flushing/ decarbonising done at anything before 1 Lakh Kms. The engine oil in a diesel engine does the job quite well!
Let me extend that - do not get engine flush / decarb done. Period. Change the engine oil at shorter intervals (8-10k km), and you won't have carbon buildup to any appreciable extent even after 1L km.

OTOH, flushing an engine can lead to engine damage. Have fun reading this:
Auto Care & Maintenance Advice: Bonehead Award: Engine Oil Flush Machines
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 20:55   #2367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I agree

Quote:
Hmm... this is interesting! Variable charges at different ASCs... needs some enquiring!

Let me extend that - do not get engine flush / decarb done. Period. Change the engine oil at shorter intervals (8-10k km), and you won't have carbon buildup to any appreciable extent even after 1L km.

OTOH, flushing an engine can lead to engine damage. Have fun reading this:
Auto Care & Maintenance Advice: Bonehead Award: Engine Oil Flush Machines
This is why i am sticking to 10K oil change interval.
Old 11th August 2011, 00:48   #2368
BHPian

I had to leave to kerala right after i took delivery of my scorpio after the above mentioned 4th service. I will talk to mahindra and see what they think of it. I am also interested to see the fine print of the warranty... I took an extended warranty as well.

Since I have put on weight since the time i bought the car, I hope it hasnt ended up rendering the warrantly on the ecu, engine and GB void.
Old 11th August 2011, 08:59   #2369
Distinguished - BHPian

Service charge tooo high

Quote:
ak916 ... mahindra has authorized them to charge 360/- (not 200/- as i mentioned earlier) to tighten the seats and that this is very "normal".
And next time you could it your self and make it free for yourself

Quote:
ak916 GPS - 2700/-
Way, way too high. High even if washing was included.

Quote:
ak916 P.S: Car washing was not done since it was raining and I was also not keen on waiting for the rain to subside. They told me that car washing is not included in the above bill and if i was to get it washed, they would charge me extra!
They are ripping you off with these - high GPS, no washing. Washing as an individual item would cost about 350/-

If ever you dont get your washing done, but have paid for it, insist on getting that noted in your bill. Else they will make you pay for it when you go back to get your "pending" job done.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:07   #2370
BHPian

Hi guys, can anyone let me know how to adjust the engine idle speed of a Scorpio. Is it a DIY job.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks