Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 11:18   #2281
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Thanks, Spike.
How does one control the overflow? People will pump till they see an overflow.
Also, what about 'replenishing' old grease by forcing out all the old grease?
Would that be a valid procedure?
Use shorter strokes and not keep on gunning the pump while keeping pressed, that is what I think is correct. No need to replenish, just use fresh grease while filling.

Grease grade to be used :- Maximile LCG, NLGI 2/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Is greasing not required for a mHawk Scorpio? If it is required, at what km intervals should it be done and at what places?
Required if it has grease nipples, simple. .

Interval :- 6 months or every 10K Kms.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 12:22   #2282
BHPian

Thanks Spike,

I will be taking my Scorpio for Greesing today.

Battery - Since my battery is 3 yr old now I am planning on changing it before leaving.
My OEM Amaron battery lasted 5 yrs, and was changed while still going strong.The next one, also an Amaron Go90D26R (65AH) is almost 3 yrs old and still going strong.
In 8 years of owning the Scorpio I have had only 1 battery change, so I am going to stick with Amaron.

In some thread people recommended putting in a 75 / 80 Amp Battery. Does putting in a 75/80 Amp Battery affect the alternator in any way ?
I spoke to the people at Amaron, and they recommend that I stick to a 65AH battery (Model Go95D26R), and do not recommend any 75/80 AH battery.

Has anybody installed a 80 AH Battery and is it recommended. The local Amaron dealer told me about the Amaron Flo105D31R 80 Amp Battery for around 7,000. The 65 Amp Model will cost around 4,000. What should I go in for ?

Styler
Old 13th June 2011, 13:12   #2283
Senior - BHPian

Go for a higher rating battery only if you have additional accessories / greater electrical loads e.g. winch / heavy ICE etc, otherwise stick to 65Ah.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 13:51   #2284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Has anybody installed a 80 AH Battery and is it recommended....
I have installed an 80 AH battery in my Scorpio.
I would say a higher capacity battery is preferable considering that batteries get severely de-rated in cold climates.
I am also of the firm opinion that 65AH is too small a battery for a 2.6 ltr (or a 2.2 ltr) diesel engine! M&M fit a small capacity battery to save on costs!
There will be no adverse effect on the car, in any way whatsoever, if you fit an 80 AH battery.
anupmathur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 16:21   #2285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I have installed an 80 AH battery in my Scorpio.
I would say a higher capacity battery is preferable considering that batteries get severely de-rated in cold climates.
I am also of the firm opinion that 65AH is too small a battery for a 2.6 ltr (or a 2.2 ltr) diesel engine! M&M fit a small capacity battery to save on costs!
There will be no adverse effect on the car, in any way whatsoever, if you fit an 80 AH battery.

A higher rated battery has never created any problems till date. At the same time a higher rated battery would give more cranking power and assist in starting in cold climate - you can crank longer if the Scorpio refuses to start easily.

As long as the charging current is within battery's permissible limits there is no problems in a larger battery or a larger alternator
Old 14th June 2011, 11:14   #2286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Required if it has grease nipples, simple. .

Interval :- 6 months or every 10K Kms.

Spike
Thanks Spike for this info, can you also mention for mHawk any specific area that is important to be greased [mandatorily]. I feel A.S.S. misses it or neglects it and it turns out that we have to replace the parts. I have seen Ramki replacing one part of drive shaft.

Regards,
Scorpio Fan
Old 14th June 2011, 11:28   #2287
Senior - BHPian

^^ Ask them then, why is the Nipple provided in the propeller shaft?

Spike
Old 14th June 2011, 15:08   #2288
BHPian

I asked the service advisor at Bhasin Motors about greasing the shaft, and he said there are no nipples and we do not grease it. He said parts are simply replaced. I had replaced the 2 Cross in my drive shaft about 10k kms ago.
My trusted neighborhood mechanic has taken my Scorpio, and he told me that he will get it greased for me. I don't know what is the right thing though ?
Old 15th June 2011, 11:34   #2289
BHPian

OT: Whats the booking period for Scorpio SLE, one of my cousin is looking for it and he needs it in a months time. is it possible to get it in less than a month ?
Old 15th June 2011, 12:22   #2290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
I did shell out my hard earned money, but wasn't a happy customer when I walked out of their service center. Also getting serious doubts about their QC practices... :-(
Got a call from Area Customer Manager Mahindra & Mahindra after he'd taken a look at the above post. Just want to put in a word of appreciation to M&M customer service and a personal thanks to him and team-bhp.
Old 15th June 2011, 12:30   #2291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
OT: Whats the booking period for Scorpio SLE, one of my cousin is looking for it and he needs it in a months time. is it possible to get it in less than a month ?
The delivery period depends on several factors like:

1. Which colour your cousin has chosen. White is usually delivered the quickest, while Rocky Beige takes the longest. Silver and Black/Silver no idea.
2. Whether there are any vehicles available in the dealers stock yard or not.
3. Last but not the least, if you have any connections in M & M!

However, a month seems to be more than enough, specially for a dealer in a big city like Bangalore.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 12:40   #2292
BHPian

Just discussed with my cousin and he is now in a dilemma between SLE and VLX considering the features of VLX.

He is not much concerned about the color, he is OK if he gets white at the earliest.

Will we get automatic 4wd VLX with the same booking time as SLE and VLX[2WD]? read somewhere that 4wd has a longer Booking period.
Old 15th June 2011, 12:52   #2293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Just discussed with my cousin and he is now in a dilemma between SLE and VLX considering the features of VLX.

He is not much concerned about the color, he is OK if he gets white at the earliest.

Will we get automatic 4wd VLX with the same booking time as SLE and VLX[2WD]? read somewhere that 4wd has a longer Booking period.
The waiting period for 4wd is 6 weeks. But if you have any connections, chances are that you might get them in a month's time. Check with India Garage, I heard that they have a stock of 4wd which arrived last week.
Old 27th June 2011, 13:41   #2294
BHPian

It started giving starting problems with my 2005 Non CRDe Scirpio which has done about 1.2 L kms.

Before describing the problem, let me explain the things which are done to it recently. Before that it was running with out any problem.

I have given the vehicle for 1.2 L KM servicing at Trivadrum TVS, They have changed

1) Engine Oil HELIX HX7 Diesel Synthetic Oil,
2) 105 Quick Clean
3) 107 Oil Treatment.
4) Two Bearing Idler
5) Air Element.
6) ML BR Fluid.
7) Oil Filter.
8) Diesel Filter.

Then I came to Bangalore, the very next Day. After reaching Bangalore, I was facing a Krrr, Krrr sound while pressing the clutch pedal.

Again Given the Vehicle at Sireesh, and they have replaced

1.) Clutch Driven Plate (FB810)
2.) Clutch Pressure Plate (PRODN)
3). Clutch Release bearing
4.) Crank Shaft Bearings.

Then on-wards I feel the sluggishness while starting the engine, though the Engine fired in the first crank itself, (it required a long crank). I thought it was due to the weak battery and checked the battery. Upon checking they found that there acid level is too low and they topped up the battery.

The next day when i try to crank, the engine didn't fire at all, then I push start it with the help of my neighbors. Again I have taken the vehicle to the battery shop, They told me to replace the battery ( TATA GReen 1.5 year old ). But I was feeling that it was some due to thing else. I drove around 10 kms and back. Again i tried to crank the engine, after 4 - 5 hours. It started normally. From that day on-wards I am observing that if the Vehicle kept idle around 15-20 hours, It will not start even after several attempt. Even after trying 6-7 attempts, the engine is cranking but not firing. If i push start and leave the engine running for 1 min. and try to to restart, it will start normally with out any further cranking. That means the battery is still fine. ( Leaving the Engine running for a minute will not charge the battery too much, I believe). If i try to crank again and again, every time it will fire the engine with out any problem.

Recently I have observed some more things,

1.) Even if the engine revving hard, there is no black smoke coming out.

2) The Engine Idle RPM changes from 900 to 1K after leaving the engine on for 20 mins

3.) It is taking 20 mins to reach the optimum temperature (then the RPM reaching to 1K level too) Please see the attached Pic

Taken 1min after switching on the Engine. Please look at the RPM, Fuel Gauge, and the Temp Gauge.
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-27062011034.jpg

Taken 15min after switching on the Engine. Please look at the RPM, Fuel Gauge, and the Temp Gauge. ( now the Fuel is gauge is close to actual reading ) ie. when the tempratures reaches the optumun level the RPM goes up and the Fuel gauge showing the actual figure.
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-27062011036.jpg

Please advice me to identify the problem.
Old 6th July 2011, 09:09   #2295
BHPian

Speed Gladiator, the first thing I would still try is a new battery

Styler
Styler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks