Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2011, 22:58   #2191
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Also read 4WD operating instructions in the owners manual once. (Just kidding!)
Saar, already rear it cover to cover the first night itself after the Tornado came home
Old 10th May 2011, 12:23   #2192
Senior - BHPian

Not a technical question but didn't want to start a new thread on it. Bangalore Guys, normally how much time it takes for the Registration Certificate Book/smart card to reach you after the purchase of the vehicle? For me it hasn't reached yet and it's almost 1.5 months now. I'm getting concerned that it might've got lost somewhere while being posted to my address. What do I need to do? I asked the showroom guys and according to them it typically takes a month or month and half max. Please help.
Old 10th May 2011, 13:33   #2193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Not a technical question but didn't want to start a new thread on it. Bangalore Guys, normally how much time it takes for the Registration Certificate Book/smart card to reach you after the purchase of the vehicle? For me it hasn't reached yet and it's almost 1.5 months now. I'm getting concerned that it might've got lost somewhere while being posted to my address. What do I need to do? I asked the showroom guys and according to them it typically takes a month or month and half max. Please help.
Dont worry, it does take that long. I got mine only after about 2 months or so from the purchase date.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 13:36   #2194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Dont worry, it does take that long. I got mine only after about 2 months or so from the purchase date.
So in that case what to do if I want to take my Scorp for out of State trips? Will the receipts be enough to saw to the other state police if they want check(read harass) me? I hope those receipts from RTO would be good enough docs to show them?
BTW, the RC book comes in normal Indian Postal service or some other service?
Old 10th May 2011, 13:39   #2195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So in that case what to do if I want to take my Scorp for out of State trips? Will the receipts be enough to saw to the other state police if they want check(read harass) me? I hope those receipts from RTO would be good enough docs to show them?
kaushik I don't think that there should be a problem ,as long as you have the receipts from the RTO. When I did my Vagamon trip after picking up the Scorp' I never faced any issues. Mind you, I hadn't yet received the Smart Card then.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 14:27   #2196
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I hope those receipts from RTO would be good enough docs to show them?
Receipts are sufficient till you get the RC book
After you get the RC book, the receipts are not required (eg: tax receipt).

The RTO will send it by Speed post (India Post). Not by private courier.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 05:06   #2197
Senior - BHPian

my 3 year old scorpio gave me a bit of a shock last week. I had a "body wash" done at a nearby garage and while this was being done I was unhappy to notice a mid sized rust spot which had appeared on the body of the vehicle where the rear luggage bay door closes flush with the body - just above where the rubber beading is placed.
Immediately phoned SKS the service centre and showed them the vehicle. they took instant action I am glad to say. Took photos and made a report. Then took the vehicle to their Hosur road body shop and gave it to them to get the job done.
the next day evening the vehicle was returned to me, in proper condition with the offending area completely scraped, primed and re-painted. all this was done free of charge under warranty as it is not supposed to happen in a 3 year old.

further I had the ORVMs changed to the newer wider ones which they have in the newer models of the Scorpio. These are much wider and offer better rear view visibility. I did not get the ones with the electric controls as this would have meant a lot of wiring work etc which I did not want to invest in but despite these being manually controlled they work better than the original, narrower mirrors. they seem also to shake and jiggle less when Im driving on the roads. Must do the other test - whether I can read the number plate of the vehicles coming up behind me while driving on the highway - to see if these new mirrors vibrate as much as the old ones did. the new mirrors cost about 1200 each. quite reasonable I thought.

also took the opportunity to have the main front ac vents changed to the more efficient type that they have on the newer scorpios. in effect they had changed the original vertical vents to horizontal ones in the 2007,2008 models and I wasnt as happy with the effectiveness of the air throw in these as compared to the earlier vertical vents. I believe they went back to vertical vents sometime in 2009/2010 and have continued with these ever since. So I got them to change my horizontal vents to these vertical ones and frankly these new ones are much better in terms of air throw. At approx Rs 800 or so it is worth getting this done too.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 11th May 2011 at 05:10.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:16   #2198
Team-BHP Support

A question for mHawk 2.2 owners.
How long is the standard warranty (kms and years).
Whats the duration (in kms and years) for extended warranty.

Lastly, till how many kms is suspension covered.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:56   #2199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A question for mHawk 2.2 owners.
How long is the standard warranty (kms and years).
Whats the duration (in kms and years) for extended warranty.
Hi TSK,

As I know, Standard warranty is 2 Year or 50,000 Km however you have an option of extending it by another 2 years or 1 lac km through the extended warranty program, Scorpio Shield.

On the suspension warranty, i do not know and others can chip in please!
Old 11th May 2011, 15:12   #2200
Team-BHP Support

So M&M gives only 50,000 kms warranty. Thats pretty surprising!
That said, do you know how many kms extra does the extended warranty cover?
Old 11th May 2011, 15:24   #2201
Senior - BHPian

Hi TSK,

I guess the extended warranty covers 2 years and an additional 50k KM. Guys, am i correct?
Old 11th May 2011, 16:08   #2202
Distinguished - BHPian

@tsk:

Standard 2Year/50K Kms
Extended Options:
3 Year / 75K for about 7000 Rs
4 Year / 100 K for about 12,000 Rs.

Nothing Beyond that.

I sincerely hope you are not considering a Scorpio. After getting used to the space/comfort of a Safari, you will be taking a step down. I suggest you spring for the W201/Aria/Merlin or if you can the Fortuner.
Old 11th May 2011, 16:13   #2203
Team-BHP Support

4x4 Addict., I have no intentions of buying the scorpio. It hardly comes with any warranty from my POV.
I was actually asking this as I am comparing suspension warranties offered by various manufacturers.
Old 11th May 2011, 16:26   #2204
Senior - BHPian

a query here:

the luggage bay in the scorpio is wide open and its contents are exposed to anyone who cares to simply peer inside through the window.
To avoid such things many imported and higher end SUV's offer the luggage bay curtain/ cover which is usually made of PVC or some other synthetic material.
This can typically be pulled into place and hooked on to the rear door or the sides of the luggage bay. When not in use it can be unhooked and simply released, whereupon it just retracts and rolls itself up seamlessly - rather similar in nature to the seat belt roller mechanism.
Is there any way that one can get this luggage bay curtain/ cover facility retrofitted into a Scorpio?
I am thinking this would be a very welcome addition to my Scorp especially since I ve recently removed the last 2 jump seats, thereby increasing my load bay area by a significant degree. However, now, the downside is that whenever I look at it, I feel very insecure about even the humble contents - i.e; the silly old tool bag and cleaning cloth etc which lie there and might at some time offer some kind of temptation to wanton evildoers - I would like to avoid this by trying to get the luggage bay curtain retro fitted.
Any ideas on whether this is possible at all and whether anyone on the forum has actually done it. A rough idea of the likely costs too, would be greatly appreciated.
Awaiting responses please.
Thanks in advance.
Old 12th May 2011, 16:49   #2205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
a query here:

the luggage bay in the scorpio is wide open and its contents are exposed to anyone who cares to simply peer inside through the window.
To avoid such things many imported and higher end SUV's offer the luggage bay curtain/ cover which is usually made of PVC or some other synthetic material.
This can typically be pulled into place and hooked on to the rear door or the sides of the luggage bay. When not in use it can be unhooked and simply released, whereupon it just retracts and rolls itself up seamlessly - rather similar in nature to the seat belt roller mechanism.
Is there any way that one can get this luggage bay curtain/ cover facility retrofitted into a Scorpio?
I am thinking this would be a very welcome addition to my Scorp especially since I ve recently removed the last 2 jump seats, thereby increasing my load bay area by a significant degree. However, now, the downside is that whenever I look at it, I feel very insecure about even the humble contents - i.e; the silly old tool bag and cleaning cloth etc which lie there and might at some time offer some kind of temptation to wanton evildoers - I would like to avoid this by trying to get the luggage bay curtain retro fitted.
Any ideas on whether this is possible at all and whether anyone on the forum has actually done it. A rough idea of the likely costs too, would be greatly appreciated.
Awaiting responses please.
Thanks in advance.
I have done something similar, but it's not easy to remove. Basically it's a hard 1 inch board covered with carpet type cloth, in the form of a shelf that covers all of the bay. So I have about 18 inches (about 3 inches above the wheel wells) of space below it for things that remain regularly in the car, and the top is used for any heavy luggage for long travels(it can take the weight unlike the cover you propose) this also makes it easy to access my toolkit without removing the luggage. Very useful and convenient

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks