Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 11:21   #2101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Hi All,

Regarding the system-D stuff, I was told by my A.S.C very assertively not to add any diesel additives to mHawk. Can any one who have been using this on mHawk engines please clarify?

Thank you in advance.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:55   #2102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi All,

Regarding the system-D stuff, I was told by my A.S.C very assertively not to add any diesel additives to mHawk. Can any one who have been using this on mHawk engines please clarify?

Thank you in advance.
Don't use it. Toyota gave Guderian a very good explanation as to why you should not use these or even premium fuels in your CRDI engines.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:54   #2103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi All,

Thank you in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Don't use it. Toyota gave Guderian a very good explanation as to why you should not use these or even premium fuels in your CRDI engines.
+1 to that.

Please don't use premium fuel also in the CRDI engine.
Old 25th April 2011, 13:33   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
red Liner any pointers as to why this isn't recommended? In the previous page I saw recommendations on adding System D to CRDI engines and here its the opposite.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 25th April 2011 at 13:34.
Old 25th April 2011, 13:44   #2105
Senior - BHPian

even I would like to know why I should not use it. I couldnt find the info that Toyota provided.

Ive been using this stuff off an on - I have so far only noted a positive effect in my 2.6 Crde. And the Service Manager at M&M SKS Auto did indeed recommend to me that I should use it, because it helps keep the injectors clean on account of our impure fuel. This was last October and since then I ve been on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
red Liner any pointers as to why this isn't recommended? In the previous page I saw recommendations on adding System D to CRDI engines and here its the opposite.
Old 25th April 2011, 13:48   #2106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
even I would like to know why I should not use it. I couldnt find the info that Toyota provided.

Ive been using this stuff off an on - I have so far only noted a positive effect in my 2.6 Crde. And the Service Manager at M&M SKS Auto did indeed recommend to me that I should use it, because it helps keep the injectors clean on account of our impure fuel. This was last October and since then I ve been on it.
ASC in Bombay always had a reservation against using both premium diesels as well as System D. Looks like each ASC has his own say and M&M has no stance on this matter. I have not seen any restriction on using either mentioned in the Owners' Manuals.
Old 25th April 2011, 13:55   #2107
Senior - BHPian

thank you Sir

But do you yourself find it to be advantageous? I'd like your views so as to help arrive at a decision whether to continue using this or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
ASC in Bombay always had a reservation against using both premium diesels as well as System D. Looks like each ASC has his own say and M&M has no stance on this matter. I have not seen any restriction on using either mentioned in the Owners' Manuals.
Old 25th April 2011, 14:04   #2108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
thank you Sir

But do you yourself find it to be advantageous? I'd like your views so as to help arrive at a decision whether to continue using this or not.
I use premium diesel and that has meant more power, better FE and cleaner injectors. If I go off refuelling premium diesel, I started having rough running (maybe due to choking of injectors). I have been using premium

I have never used System D, but plan to use it from here on regularly.

The fact that my engine is running well despite 2.68 lakh kms on it itself is testimonial that premium diesels may not be harmful to engines (at least not my non-crde engine).
Old 25th April 2011, 14:10   #2109
Senior - BHPian

I ve been using only the normal diesel in my Scorp. So far no issues. And since Oct I ve been using this additive too - only positives to report so far. However mine is the Crde engine so I would like to understand any disadvantages there may be, if at all, before continuing this usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I use premium diesel and that has meant more power, better FE and cleaner injectors. If I go off refuelling premium diesel, I started having rough running (maybe due to choking of injectors). I have been using premium

I have never used System D, but plan to use it from here on regularly.

The fact that my engine is running well despite 2.68 lakh kms on it itself is testimonial that premium diesels may not be harmful to engines (at least not my non-crde engine).
Old 25th April 2011, 14:53   #2110
BHPian

In line with the discussions going on - I've being using only normal diesel for my 2005 Crde Slx ( done 96k ). No issues - contantly returned with 10.75 to 11.5 mileage. No changes ( FE or smoothness ) with using premium fuel. No additives used nor proposing to use.

Reason for posting this -

Last 10 days, constant whirr sound from Belt / alternator area. With bonnet closed, the sound seems like a moan. Does not increase with rpm. local mechanic says idler bearing issue but i feel it could be alternator bearing. had changed idler bearing last october at 63k.

Please help in diagnosing.
Old 25th April 2011, 15:27   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrao View Post
In line with the discussions going on - I've being using only normal diesel for my 2005 Crde Slx ( done 96k ). No issues - contantly returned with 10.75 to 11.5 mileage. No changes ( FE or smoothness ) with using premium fuel. No additives used nor proposing to use.

Last 10 days, constant whirr sound from Belt / alternator area. With bonnet closed, the sound seems like a moan. Does not increase with rpm. local mechanic says idler bearing issue but i feel it could be alternator bearing. had changed idler bearing last october at 63k.

IF it is an alternator bearing problem, any expert mechanic will be able to feel the extra vibration in the alternator body. Take it to Mico Bosch service centre, they will be able to diagnose if it is the alternator or the fan bearing which is making the noise. I have changed alternator bearings thrice. Please do not delay this work - if the bearing breaks, then it can lead to the oil seal rupturing and causing major engine oil leak.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 16:01   #2112
BHPian

folks, need some help here:

my 2008 mHawk VLX has a strange problem. sometime when i hit a small hump or ditch/pot hole, the ABS light comes on and the voice assist says my Hand Brake is engaged. if i stop the vehicle, switch off the ignition and turn it back on, the issue disappears.

I am afraid that the SS will open the console area to check wiring & mess it up and hence have not had it attended to. if someone else has faced it or knows some solution, please assist. thanks a lot.
Old 25th April 2011, 17:15   #2113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Hope I am not coming late into this discussion !
- Years ago the Brand Manager - Scorp of M&M mentioned to me very clearly not to use premium diesels on my CRDe Scorp primarily for the reason of gumming. Also mentioned that since all the standard tests are carried out on the machine at the factory using 'normal' or non premium diesel the behaviour, including FE, on using premium additive laced diesel was not really known.
- Recommended that I use premium diesel once in a quarter or so.
- That was then in Oct 2005. In the last year of my ownership of the Scorpio CRDe I merrily switched over to HiSpeed from BPCL - possibly didn't retain the Scorp for long to run across any deleterious effects. But the engine was very smooth and FE improved by almost 1 KMPL.

- Came my TFort and a strict warning from the ASC - not to use premium diesel. Not very convinced I finally spoke to the Head of IQC of TKML in B'lore who asked me not to take the TFort anywhere near premium diesels.
- Reason being that the Pilot Injector nozzle of the CRDe system gets clogged.
- This, I presume, is because the addtives have higher molecular size and could jam the superfine nozzle apertures.

My TFort is therefore growing up on a diet of 'sada' diesel !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha'Red View Post

my 2008 mHawk VLX has a strange problem. sometime when i hit a small hump or ditch/pot hole, the ABS light comes on and the voice assist says my Hand Brake is engaged. if i stop the vehicle, switch off the ignition and turn it back on, the issue disappears.

I am afraid that the SS will open the console area to check wiring & mess it up and hence have not had it attended to. if someone else has faced it or knows some solution, please assist. thanks a lot.
Hi, Had another Scorp friend who reported the same issue. Was told that it was a sensor related issue. Ask your ASC to check and 'WD 40' the sensor before they open up the entrails.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 26th April 2011 at 00:22. Reason: Merged posts. Please use edit option for posting within 30mins. Thanks.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 17:20   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha'Red View Post

Maybe the sensors have gone bad, why dont you get them checked.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 17:25   #2115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrao View Post

Hi, Most likely to be a idler bearing issue if there is no increase in vibrations. Alternators are fairly robust. Had a 2005 CRDe - never touched the alternator or starter in more than 110K KMs.
Some batches of M&M's idler bearings and other components like clutch slave cylinders/brake slave cylinders/ clutch release bearings seem to have short lives - going by my experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks