Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2011, 13:20   #2011
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

HVK,

Glad and happy to hear that your ride's issue is finally sorted out. Very valuable inputs from your end on general 'trouble shooting' done by our Mechanics.

Happy Motoring!

Regards.
Old 9th April 2011, 08:47   #2012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Oops that's scary and to me I don't even have the option of reversing as that would mean banging the basement wall. I guess we can use WD40 or something like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Oh, that is bad news. I do not oil it, but use it every time I park the car, whether inside my house compound or outside. What oils do you use? In fact, I always have nightmares wondering if the lock will give up on me one day! How did you manage to unlock it finally?
There was a small oil tube provided with the lock but i never used it so when I took it out that night it was semi solid. After struggling had a brain wave to use some lubricant so used the engine oil from the dip stick and it worked. After that experience I am using a Sewing Machine oil (got it from a neighbourhood tailor)
Old 11th April 2011, 12:41   #2013
NFS
BHPian

Seniors,

My Sarge after a 615 kms drive from Chennai - Palakkad, shows the OIL Pressure Lamp with the VMS telling "Oil Pressure is Low". Reported this to Mahindra Care, being Sunday ITL Motors Palakkad representative sent me a Junior Mechanic after 3hrs of waiting. The Junior checked the Dip stick and verified there is enough amount of Oil and declared this could be a faulty sensor at play. Today (Monday) I drove the vehicle over to the dealership as requested. Service guys took around 2hours to remove the sensor (complaining the engine heat and less space). The latest finding is that the oil is not reaching the sensor (I am not sure why). The investigation is on to look for oilline blocks? What could be wrong?

Will keep you posted as and when I know more. @Spike arrestor, any leads or clues?
Old 11th April 2011, 12:51   #2014
Senior - BHPian

Is the sensor OK? Reason can be anything from a clogged oil filter / oil cooler / oil strainer / relief valves stuck / clogging in the line etc. Let them check the oil flow circuit.

Spike
Old 11th April 2011, 13:33   #2015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Is the sensor OK? Reason can be anything from a clogged oil filter / oil cooler / oil strainer / relief valves stuck / clogging in the line etc. Let them check the oil flow circuit.

Spike
Would not such a block in the oil circuit damage the engine due to low/non existent lubrication? Reminds of the case of a forum members Safari, which required an engine change after it seized due to faulty/malicious service at the Authorised Service Centre.
Old 11th April 2011, 13:45   #2016
Senior - BHPian

^^ Let us see what the analysis says about this case. What went wrong and why needs to be ascertained first.

Spike
Old 11th April 2011, 13:48   #2017
Senior - BHPian

Got 15K service done,this weekend.
and got the oil changed as well.
this time they used Mahindra Maximile Crown,instead of Supreme.
grade was 15W40,how good or bad is it as compared to Supreme?
Old 11th April 2011, 15:36   #2018
NFS
BHPian

Quote:

Spike
It has been 5 hours of troubleshooting and the supervisor tells me he has not found any problems to their surprise. Does it take so long to identify this or is it that ITL is learning the troubleshooting on my Scorpio? I am really not sure. Oh my god, really wish there is something they could identify sooner.

With the sensor removed they checked of oil is splashed out when idling. No OIL. Revved a little bit and the oil splashes out. Cleanup the oil spil, they changed the oil filter and checked to see nothing changed. Finally picked up the service manual and they are now going by the troubleshooting methods mentioned in it. So not sure of how long it would take. Man this is killing me now! They confirmed no damage to engine has happened (not sure how they can say so). Also during the 615 kms run if oil pressure was low, I should have got some indications (nothing I saw till the nextday morning).
Old 11th April 2011, 15:57   #2019
Senior - BHPian

Are you at ITL Motors, Calicut? Or is this a newly setup dealership in Chennai? I am aware of India Garage, MPL Saligramam and the one at Ambattur (in Chennai) .

Spike
Old 11th April 2011, 17:46   #2020
NFS
BHPian

Quote:
Are you at ITL Motors, Calicut? Or is this a newly setup dealership in Chennai? I am aware of India Garage, MPL Saligramam and the one at Ambattur (in Chennai) .

Spike
ITL palakkad is where I am. Status as of now: removed oil sump, forced air into the stainer - checked oil leaks - none found - removed cooler - forced air - no leaks - only thing left out is to see what is going on with Oil pump - they do not have a spare here - getting it from Thrissur - will run into tomorrow I think.

Will PM my phone number.

Last edited by NFS : 11th April 2011 at 17:47.
Old 11th April 2011, 19:13   #2021
NFS
BHPian

after all these ordeal the service manager asks me if I could source the OIL pump for them! Poor service Mahindra Very very poor!

It is not an old outdated model, nor its is some rare part that we are looking for. Oh man, I should write to Mahindra (already reported to Customer care)
Old 11th April 2011, 20:10   #2022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
after all these ordeal the service manager asks me if I could source the OIL pump for them! Poor service Mahindra Very very poor!

It is not an old outdated model, nor its is some rare part that we are looking for. Oh man, I should write to Mahindra (already reported to Customer care)
Not surprising for M&M, even smallest parts like switches are not available and procuring takes ages leading to regular followup and multiple trips to the A.S.S..
Old 11th April 2011, 23:01   #2023
Distinguished - BHPian

The right rear door PW switch of my Scorpio is not working. It does not lift up the PW.The window is static in the present position and its good that the glass is in the closed position.The other three switches are in fine working condition.
What could be the cause of this one switch not working?
Old 11th April 2011, 23:04   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Not surprising for M&M, even smallest parts like switches are not available and procuring takes ages leading to regular followup and multiple trips to the A.S.S..
Happily, there are many "accident" vehicles which are a good source for such "non-essential" parts. I have got things like filler caps and switches that way. My friend recently waited almost 6 months to get a dashboard panel (damaged in an accident) which was not in stock (because it was a particular shade)
Old 11th April 2011, 23:54   #2025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The right rear door PW switch of my Scorpio is not working. It does not lift up the PW.The window is static in the present position and its good that the glass is in the closed position.The other three switches are in fine working condition.
What could be the cause of this one switch not working?
Step 1: Bang the door hard with your fist from the inside and try. Sometimes the motor just needs a little nudge.

Step 2: Check at the service center if there's any dust inside the switches. Clean it up, try again.

Step 3: They will open the entire door panel from inside and check the motor itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks