Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 22:37   #1891
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Had a bit of a heart stopping experience with my Scorpio on Friday. I was driving early in the morning and with the roads all empty appx. 80 KMPH speed, nearing a crossing I slowed down to about 60 before realising the Mahanagar Gas had dug up and filled half the road bang in themiddle of the crossing and about a couple of feet of yellow pipe was sticking out from the road probably to connect with the rest of it once the other part of the road was dug up and pipe laid. I gave a slight flick (left and straight) on the steering to avoid the pipe (still about 60 KMH).

The scorpio behaved very wierdly instead of coming on stright it did a snake routine and wobbled very dangerously, thankfully the road was empty and with the help of clutch brake gear combinaton I was able to bring it under control.

Issues: The steering is suddenly feeling verly light and a small pot hole is enough to jar the steering out of control, consequently I am conciously gripping the steering hard and with both hands now to avoid any issue.

Any ideas or pointers on what could be wrong.
The Toe settings could have gone wrong, check at an algnment shop.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:07   #1892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
The Toe settings could have gone wrong, check at an algnment shop.
Thanks 1100D, can you elaborate a bit on this. It would be easier to explain to the Garage guy.
Old 17th February 2011, 21:54   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
How old is your battery? Is it getting charged properly? Check battery and alternator condition first.

Spike
Thanks Spike, The battery is only a year old and I checked the fluid levels. Its a TATA green sealed battery and I have found no issues with the speed at which the starter is rotating normally (no lack in voltage/current detected). Its just taking longer, like about 6 sec instead of the usual 2.
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:16   #1894
Senior - BHPian

For the past week or so I am feeling a lot of feedback coming from the road on to the steering.

Any ideas what could be wrong.
Old 23rd February 2011, 14:43   #1895
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
For the past week or so I am feeling a lot of feedback coming from the road on to the steering.

Any ideas what could be wrong.
Get the steering column checked. If it has worn out, you would need to replace it.
Old 23rd February 2011, 15:02   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Prior to doing all these first check if all the mountings are tightened & torqued properly this includes steering mountings, I shafts etc. Also check if your wheel balancing weights are in place.

Spike
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:16   #1897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Get the steering column checked. If it has worn out, you would need to replace it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Prior to doing all these first check if all the mountings are tightened & torqued properly this includes steering mountings, I shafts etc. Also check if your wheel balancing weights are in place.Spike
Thanks Devdath, steering column shound have worn off, the car has rin just about 15400 Kms.

Thanks Spike, I think I need to leave it at the A.S.S. for the full checkup. Unfortunately having no time to do it on weekdays.
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:35   #1898
BHPian

Temperature Gauge not working

Hi Guys,

For the last few months I had been observing that the temperature gauge in my 2005 Scorpio was showing an erratic behavior-sometimes displaying the appropriate engine temperature & at other times completely idle (cold engine). I showed it once at the M&M, the service guy diagnosed as an earthing problem & somehow corrected it. It worked for a few days & now its stopped working completely. I wonder why?

Any ideas what could be the problem?
Old 24th February 2011, 17:44   #1899
BHPian

Re: Temperature Gauge not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Hi Guys,

For the last few months I had been observing that the temperature gauge in my 2005 Scorpio was showing an erratic behavior-sometimes displaying the appropriate engine temperature & at other times completely idle (cold engine). I showed it once at the M&M, the service guy diagnosed as an earthing problem & somehow corrected it. It worked for a few days & now its stopped working completely. I wonder why?

Almost a day & no response!! Come on guys... please suggest..
Old 24th February 2011, 18:31   #1900
Senior - BHPian

From your side, you can check if the coolant temperature sensor (inside the engine bay) is connected properly. Most probably there must be a loose connection or something must have conked off. Get it checked through a competent electrician.

Spike
Old 24th February 2011, 23:10   #1901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Temperature Gauge not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Hi Guys,

The temperature gauge is not expensive, best is to change it. I had a similar problem that got solved that way although initially it turned out to be a loose contact.

Last edited by hvkumar : 24th February 2011 at 23:14.
Old 25th February 2011, 11:48   #1902
BHPian

@SPIKE ARRESTOR, @hvkumar - thanks for the suggestions. I will get it checked & perhaps replaced.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:19   #1903

My Scorpio Crde (48 k),

there has been a sudden increase in the vibration and noise inside the cabin.
I experience this the most when the vehicle is idling at the signal.

My FE is the same and has not been affected.
My tyres have worn out and are due for a change.

Besides the scheduled maintenance by the book, What should i check for during this maintainance. I have an AMC (with a mahindra auth. service station) with two contractual services left before this July.

advise
Old 18th March 2011, 15:53   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevendee View Post
My Scorpio Crde (48 k),

Besides the scheduled maintenance by the book, What should i check for during this maintainance. I have an AMC (with a mahindra auth. service station) with two contractual services left before this July.

advise

I think you should change the engine foundation and gear box foundation, that is the reason for the higher levels of vibration and noise. This change is not on the service manual, but ideally done every 50,000 kms since the rubber also will be hardened up by now. There are 3 pieces of rubber, 2 for the engine and 1 mount for the gear box and the work should not take you more than 1-2 hours. Do not be deterred by the ASC who will say, "Not required, saar", they care least for comforts.

You are also due for replacement of all suspension parts - including the steering tie rod ends.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:58   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevendee View Post
My Scorpio Crde (48 k),

advise

Please check the engine mountings (Foundation). This should solve the issue

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks