Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 09:16   #1771
BHPian

Fellow Scorpio owners just for the record the Recommended Tyre Pressure for the old scorpio ie Crde version with the same rims and tyre spec was front - 28psi and rear 30psi and with load rear was 32 psi... but in the refresh the recommendations have changed to 32psi all around.... and hope the the new engine is lighter than the old... so for the same tyre spec and wheel rims how can the recommendation change any clues...
Old 9th November 2010, 14:45   #1772
Senior - BHPian

My 2004 Scorpio's recommended tyre pressures are 29 psi (front) and 31 psi (rear). I fill 30 psi all around.

On my highway drive from Bangalore to Mumbai last week, I had filled 32 psi all around, the ride had felt a bit hard (I have a stiffened suspension). On the return drive from Mumbai to Bangalore I filled 30 psi all around, the ride felt a lot more comfortable.
Old 2nd December 2010, 00:03   #1773
BHPian

Horn issue SOS!!

Hi All,

I am visiting this thread after a while. Mine June 2009 SLE, I am in situation wherein I am not getting a breakthrough.

havin trouble with the horns - the Hi tone went dead a month ago, was living with the Lo tone. Last week that went dead too. the service station guys at (G3 Navi mumbai) declared the horns dead and to be replaced. But my luck run out there - the horns were not covered under warranted as it was above 1 year old and the irony was G3 did not have spares in stock. Time taken = whole day .

I had no choice but to go for a horns from the local market, picked up a pair of horns (Bosch) from nerul and got them fitted by myself (Time taken 30 mins). The horn worked good for 2 day - the past two days the fuse is blowing out, I tried 15 AMP, 20 AMP, 25 AMP (no luck) blows out in minutes.

I see that there is already a relay for the horn.

I am really confused now, cannot identify the problem.
do i need to replace the relay? or
go for higher fuse 30 AMP?
Could this be a wiring issue?

I have to make a trip to Goa next week. and to Bangalore the week after that. Please help and advise.
Old 2nd December 2010, 09:53   #1774
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio Check up camp in Pune

Sahyadri Motors, Pune is conducting a check up camp for Scorpios from Nov 29 - Dec 4. I'm not sure if this is only for Scorpios purchased from them, or for everyone. Interested folks may call up 26448011/22 for more details.

Disclaimer: I am not employed by Sahyadri Motors. I got an info SMS from them, and am just passing it on.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:39   #1775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_man View Post
havin trouble with the horns - the Hi tone went dead a month ago, was living with the Lo tone. Last week that went dead too.
The horn worked good for 2 day - the past two days the fuse is blowing out, I tried 15 AMP, 20 AMP, 25 AMP (no luck) blows out in minutes.

Could this be a wiring issue?
It's a wiring issue in all likelihood. There's probably a short circuit in the wiring between the relay and the horn. The wires might need replacement. Check for any abrasion on the wiring harness, where the insulation may have been damaged.

Also, bench test the old horns to see if they work.
Old 6th December 2010, 14:26   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I am visiting this thread after a while. Mine June 2009 SLE, I am in situation wherein I am not getting a breakthrough.

havin trouble with the horns - the Hi tone went dead a month ago, was living with the Lo tone. Last week that went dead too. the service station guys at (G3 Navi mumbai) declared the horns dead and to be replaced. But my luck run out there - the horns were not covered under warranted as it was above 1 year old and the irony was G3 did not have spares in I am really confused now, cannot identify the problem.
Hi,
just curious, how do you select low tone and High tone? my 2009 SLE there is only one horn/switch?

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 12th December 2010 at 14:48. Reason: Fixed the quote tags.
Old 6th December 2010, 16:01   #1777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
Hi,
just curious, how do you select low tone and High tone? my 2009 SLE there is only one horn/switch?
I have a mHawk VLX 2008, I am not able to trace any disction between the Hi or Low Tone

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 12th December 2010 at 14:48. Reason: Fixed the quote tags.
Old 6th December 2010, 16:39   #1778
BHPian

Thanks SS-Traveller the issue has been rectified. I spent 2 hours through the wiring and detected the problem. the nodes of the horn were touching the body.
Old 6th December 2010, 16:46   #1779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
Quote:
Hi All,

havin trouble with the horns - the Hi tone went dead a month ago, was living with the Lo tone. Last week that went dead too. the service station guys at (G3 Navi mumbai) declared the horns dead and to be replaced. But my luck run out there - the horns were not covered under warranted as it was above 1 year old and the irony was G3 did not have spares in I am really confused now, cannot identify the problem.
Hi,
The horns together sounds like an echo - it functions with a single switch where you have no control to choose which to blow. You can definitely distinguish the difference if one of the horn goes down. the high and lo tone played together increased the audibility. I hope i could clarify your query

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 12th December 2010 at 14:53. Reason: Fixed the quote tags.
Old 6th December 2010, 17:02   #1780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks SS-Traveller the issue has been rectified.
You're welcome. Glad to know it was a minor issue. I presume your old horns continue to work well?
Old 7th December 2010, 18:38   #1781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The horns together sounds like an echo - it functions with a single switch where you have no control to choose which to blow. You can definitely distinguish the difference if one of the horn goes down. the high and lo tone played together increased the audibility. I hope i could clarify your query
You are right, one of my horns went off for a few hours (probably because of a water splash) and the single horn sounded like the electronic horn I had in my bicycle during school days. I was almost ashamed to press the horn for those few hours
Old 11th December 2010, 16:01   #1782
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Thanks for the info, pals. I didnt know that by beast has two horns. Any idea why M&M Engineers would have thought of having two instead of a single but powerful horn?
Old 12th December 2010, 16:30   #1783
Senior - BHPian

Car horns always come in pairs - high & low, i guess the high & low have different sounds (maybe frequencies too!). Normally all cars come with two horns except i think maruti 800. Nowadays, even some bikes come with twin horns.
Old 12th December 2010, 17:08   #1784
Senior - BHPian

Tyre pressure increases with increase in temparature, which means that on long runs you will be running at higher pressure. Manufacturer's recommendation are for cold tyres.

Further as there is a variation in gauges, 2 to 4 PSI would not make much difference to the tyre. Yes lower pressure would flex the tyres more, but then high speed run would increase the pressure anyway.

What is dangerous is doing long high speed runs at excess pressure. In such cases tyre bursts are guaranteed, especially if the ambient is hot and road surface reaches 50+, as happens in northren India during peak summers. The tyre gets a bit soft, you have high pressure and a small stone chip will initiate a burst.
Old 13th December 2010, 15:38   #1785
Senior - BHPian

Facing some minor issues with my Scorpio for some time now, not very critical so didnt bother much till now:

1.The retaining mechanism of the music system (Nippon) of my Scorpio is damaged and as a result the Face Plate is not getting fixed in position and comes out.

2.The USB port of the music system also does not work

3.The auto lock function is not working, I hear the beep after 30 seconds of taking the keey out and closing the door, but the door is unlocked.

The A.S.S. will be arranging for the replacement base plate for the Music System from Nippon (300 odd Rs.) & fixing up time with the Nippon engineer to resolve the auto lock issue and confirm to me by tomorrow

Last edited by m_upreti : 13th December 2010 at 15:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks