Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 14:16   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
... I will speak to them and ask them to check the switches. One last try with them.
Do get the tailgate switch checked too!
My Scorpio came with the tailgate switch 'reversed'! i.e. when other four doors would lock this one would unlock, and vice versa!!
Old 27th September 2010, 18:39   #1682
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Do get the tailgate switch checked too!
My Scorpio came with the tailgate switch 'reversed'! i.e. when other four doors would lock this one would unlock, and vice versa!!
Oh man, almost all sort of issues have been introduced by them apart from what comes with the car as an add-on. Whenever I come back from a service I could find a new issue popping out, even if they say that they only did a water wash. I had to go to the service center at least 2 times after each service. Sometimes I get tired of doing so, and leave the complaints aside.

I got the mail back from customer care, a call from local service manager and an SMS to confirm their service quality (Y/N). :-)
I need to take the car to them again.
Old 27th September 2010, 19:16   #1683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys.
I wrote to the customer care too, and keep you posted about the progress - if there is really any. m_upreti, Thanks for sharing the detail. If Email doesn't help I will PM you for further details.

Problem of the Day: I found Cruise control stopped working, all switches became dead, I am not sure when did it stop working, since I didn't get a chance to use after July. I drove the car on the 4 lane for 200 kms today, with no use of Cruise control. :-(
Quote:
Oh man, almost all sort of issues have been introduced by them apart from what comes with the car as an add-on. Whenever I come back from a service I could find a new issue popping out, even if they say that they only did a water wash. I had to go to the service center at least 2 times after each service. Sometimes I get tired of doing so, and leave the complaints aside.

I got the mail back from customer care, a call from local service manager and an SMS to confirm their service quality (Y/N). :-)
I need to take the car to them again.
I can understand what you are going through, I have been through the same path, rather on it, paying the price of buying M&M, whose service / component standards date back to the Jeep days where there were no electronics in the Jeeps only some electricals.

I always wish that I had retained my Wagon R (5 years of flawless service, total 6 visits to the A.S.S. for servicing) or bought another Maruti.

But since we are in it, it is best to grin and bear and hope that this trip solves some of the issues without bringing in new ones.

Last edited by m_upreti : 27th September 2010 at 19:18.
Old 27th September 2010, 22:14   #1684
Distinguished - BHPian

@agbenny:

When I had some issues with my dealer in Chennai, I escalated to Mahindra through the customer care email on the mahinda Scorpio website. Within a few days, I had a call from the service manager who resolved the issue. Please escalate to Mahindra and they will take care of it.

Please don't bother with any after market options. There is no need for that. You only need to light the fire under the dealers backside.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:08   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@agbenny:

When I had some issues with my dealer in Chennai, I escalated to Mahindra through the customer care email on the mahinda Scorpio website. Within a few days, I had a call from the service manager who resolved the issue. Please escalate to Mahindra and they will take care of it.

Please don't bother with any after market options. There is no need for that. You only need to light the fire under the dealers backside.
You are absolutely right, the A.S.S. people seem to be so much understafferd and overworked, only escalations work,but to be factual the quality of work despite that is not up to the mark.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:16   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@agbenny:

Folks,
First bought my bolero sportz in 2003 and eventually upgraded to scorpio in 2005 .The MPL workshop near porur used to have a board with red and green light switches and you should press them if satisfied -green and if not red.Once i prssed red as the water wash was bad and there were 4 guys -all seniors to attend to me.
From 2006 when scorpio started selling well they have become overworked and half of their workforce is gone to logan.I stopped using A.S.S for past 3 years almost.
Spares are far cheaper outside,get a decent mechanic to do the job.My version does not have electronics like todays version henc, the job is simpler.

cheers
Old 28th September 2010, 16:59   #1687
BHPian

Finally purchased the two year extended warranty for my Scorp today. Paid the money and was told by the ASC that the warranty certificate will be sent in about 7 days.
Old 28th September 2010, 17:15   #1688
BHPian

forget the certificate in 7 days, they will send you the photo copy of the form that will be sent to M&M, I am yet to receive the certificate yet after 8 month!!

I am having problem with driver seat, when ever I break it makes a noise, been to service center numerous time, nothing seem to be working, now they have ordered the rail on which the seat is fixed, and waiting for the spare.

-Pramod
Old 28th September 2010, 17:55   #1689
BANNED

I only have the receipt for the extended warranty payments, They never sent me any certificate or letter so far. (13 months after purchase).
But I hope it should not be a problem, as they didn't charge me for the issues I raised las week. I hope they have it in their internal database.

I see a huge number of Scorpios handled in CBE A.S.S. (They have separate workshop for Bolero, Logan and commercial vehicles), sometimes, even parking within their premises become a problem. They badly need another workshop unit or another A.S.S + Sales.
Old 28th September 2010, 18:19   #1690
BHPian

Guys I love the Scorpio. It's fun, versatile and a stunner to look at. However the after sales is crap! I agree with M -Upreti that the ASC's are overworked. That lady promised to e-mail me a warranty voucher today and I still haven't received it. Customer service at ASC's is crap! Perhaps Mahindra should double the number of ASC's which would make them more competitive and hence customer friendly! Are there any M&M folks on this forum?
Old 29th September 2010, 13:42   #1691
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
However the after sales is crap! I agree with M -Upreti that the ASC's are overworked. That lady promised to e-mail me a warranty voucher today and I still haven't received it. Customer service at ASC's is crap! Perhaps Mahindra should double the number of ASC's which would make them more competitive and hence customer friendly! Are there any M&M folks on this forum?
There are lots of M&M marketing and R&D employees on this forum though I have not seen any changes happening due their presence or reading these threads is something which I have to say.
Old 29th September 2010, 13:57   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally purchased the two year extended warranty for my Scorp today. Paid the money and was told by the ASC that the warranty certificate will be sent in about 7 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
forget the certificate in 7 days, they will send you the photo copy of the form that will be sent to M&M, I am yet to receive the certificate yet after 8 month!!
Quote:
I only have the receipt for the extended warranty payments, They never sent me any certificate or letter so far.
Quote:
Guys I love the Scorpio. It's fun, versatile and a stunner to look at. However the after sales is crap! I agree with M -Upreti that the ASC's are overworked. That lady promised to e-mail me a warranty voucher today and I still haven't received it. Customer service at ASC's is crap! Perhaps Mahindra should double the number of ASC's which would make them more competitive and hence customer friendly! Are there any M&M folks on this forum?
This is one issue that I have not faced , the Service Manager, gave me the extended warrenty booklet as well as a signed and stamped printed certificate (computer print out) the entire process was painless and got over in about 15 mts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
There are lots of M&M marketing and R&D employees on this forum though I have not seen any changes happening due their presence or reading these threads is something which I have to say.
Every one has become a part of the system, the company is doing well, people are still buying whatever is dished out, and once sold, who cares since a minute percentage of buyers are aware and fight about their rights, so for them there is a preferential treatment as and when they escalate. So the company still saves substantially by servicing the disgruntled few instead of improving the over all setup.

Last edited by m_upreti : 29th September 2010 at 14:00.
Old 29th September 2010, 16:29   #1693
NFS
BHPian

Glued to this thread for a long time now, I am a prospective Scorpio VLX 4x4 buyer and looks like these comments here are really making me think twice. Respected BHPians, what do you advise? try my luck after spending around 12L with these Auth. Service Stations?

Are we saying that Scorpio is a good vehicle, but it is only the Service which is poor?
Old 29th September 2010, 17:21   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Glued to this thread for a long time now, I am a prospective Scorpio VLX 4x4 buyer and looks like these comments here are really making me think twice. Respected BHPians, what do you advise? try my luck after spending around 12L with these Auth. Service Stations?

Are we saying that Scorpio is a good vehicle, but it is only the Service which is poor?
NFS I am not a Scorpio owner but this thread just means that Scorpio owners are active on this board in good numbers and nothing else. It is just a perspective.

About an year back there were only some 4-5 Scorp owners active on T-BHP and they all claimed bullet-proof reliability mutually admiring each others ride.Sample size was too small and it looked as if all is well and then someone started this thread.
It is not that quality or A.S.S has gone down since this thread is started just that information is collated at one place and people are better informed.

Think about it if there are no problems you won't need service stations.
I bet if some 40-50 Innova owners become active and start a thread you would have very similar thread.
Old 29th September 2010, 17:45   #1695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post

Hi NFS, I have a mixed bag of emotions with my Scorpio after an ownership of 2 years + now. It is an excellent vehicle, I was unfortunate enough to get a one which had an issue in almost all parts. But probably I am one of thse finecky type of owners who would rush to the A.S.S. at every aditional squeak, but given the experience small squeaks have lead to major issues.

There is no doubt about the power, street presence and comfort of this vehicle if you would like to look down (physically not figuratively ) on your sedan counterparts on the road.

I almost sold it couple of months back and I was getting an excellent price
but the family (wife and 3.5 yr old) couldnt bear sitting in a sedan (which i could afford aka. SX4, Linea, ANHC, Verna, Manza), so my better half suggented an excellent alternative "Sell this Scorpio, if you think it is troublesome and buy a new one"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
NFS I am not a Scorpio owner but this thread just means that Scorpio owners are active on this board in good numbers and nothing else. It is just a perspective.

About an year back there were only some 4-5 Scorp owners active on T-BHP and they all claimed bullet-proof reliability mutually admiring each others ride.Sample size was too small and it looked as if all is well and then someone started this thread.
It is not that quality or A.S.S has gone down since this thread is started just that information is collated at one place and people are better informed.

Think about it if there are no problems you won't need service stations.
I bet if some 40-50 Innova owners become active and start a thread you would have very similar thread.
Rightly said Amit, when we started there were a very few Scorpios around here, most of them the sturdier old gen since they have much less electronic gadgetary, with the advent of the MHawk & then the Mighty Muscular the numbers have swelled and so have the discussions and issues are being shared freely for inputs and advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks