Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:59   #1606
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
When I switched on the ignition, the VMS started shouting saying, “Oil pressure is low” and the oil warning light was ON. Opened the bonnet and checked the oil level, and it looked fine (they had just replaced the oil after the 20K service). When I start the engine, the oil warning light goes away. I called up the service guy and he asked me to use it as usual if the light is going away after the Engine start. I’m now concerned as the VMS yells at me every time I switch on the vehicle. Any guesses? I didnt touch it after that
Did they reset the VMS after they fixed your issue? If yes, cleaning the sensor once too would help.
Old 4th September 2010, 09:51   #1607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
This was in Nagpur. After heavy showers there is water logging on many road stretches for a few hours.
Hmm... ok. Now we have a closer fix on your location!

Once you manage to dry out the moisture in the reflector, use it again as usual and see if the problem recurs. An easy way to dry it up would be to remove the bulb and blow hot air from a hair dryer into it for a few minutes.
Old 4th September 2010, 12:37   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Did they reset the VMS after they fixed your issue? If yes, cleaning the sensor once too would help.
This isnt fixed yet. M&M is directly investigating this in last two days. They say it isn’t a problem with sensors and the message goes off after starting the Engine. Their theory is that something has changed the logic of VMS and the problem is specific to VMS. They also told me that VMS is an accessory and I shouldn’t be concerned about the same, until I told them it didn’t come free with the Scrop.
Old 4th September 2010, 12:45   #1609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

Once you manage to dry out the moisture in the reflector, use it again as usual and see if the problem recurs. An easy way to dry it up would be to remove the bulb and blow hot air from a hair dryer into it for a few minutes.
But make sure it's the domestic hair dryer, not the professional blower normally used at most Accessory shops. Using the professional Blower will damage the plastic headlight.
Old 4th September 2010, 16:16   #1610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This isnt fixed yet. M&M is directly investigating this in last two days. They say it isn’t a problem with sensors and the message goes off after starting the Engine. Their theory is that something has changed the logic of VMS and the problem is specific to VMS. They also told me that VMS is an accessory and I shouldn’t be concerned about the same, until I told them it didn’t come free with the Scrop.
These guys are more interested in pushing the issues under the carpet, you will nedd to persue them and push them to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

I have fixed up with the A.S.S. to have the some niggling issues in my Scorpio fixed on Monday (as of now 16 and counting - already have it in the excel, will check every possible part of the vehicle and make the list as exhaustive as possible).

I will also be going in for an extended warrenty and need to renew the insurance also.
Old 4th September 2010, 19:52   #1611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
But make sure it's the domestic hair dryer, not the professional blower normally used at most Accessory shops. Using the professional Blower will damage the plastic headlight.
Thanks again SS-Traveller and anshuman:As the Scorpio was parked in the garage for the whole day today, I detached the headlight bulb along with the rubber bush. The headlight was allowed to naturally dry-it has dried finally!
But now for applicability of Murphy's Laws'
-If any problem leads to solutions, instantly other problems crop up!
-Things are not as simple as they seem to be!
To my dismay I found the two fog lamps also moisture filled.
Tomorrow is Sunday and I shall apply the same therapy for both the fog lamps too.
Old 6th September 2010, 10:49   #1612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Last evening it was rainy here and while parking the SUV at home, I noticed water vapour condensed on the inside of the front left headlight, seal beam.The right seal beam was quite OK and clear.

Fellow teambhpians immediately told me to check up the headlight for any crack.

I had clicked the pictures yesterday at dusk.Today morning, while carefully seeing the headlight,I found a hairline crack on its upper part- now marked the crack within the ellipsoid and between the two parallel lines.
There was however no impact or hit of any kind anywhere.Even my parking is secure in the garage at home. At office the SUV is parked in a safe parking place too!
Attachment 416796
Any idea as to what could have been the cause? I am also checking up with the dealer for a replacement.
Wow, I found that too, just an hour ago, and was wondering how it happened. Need to check that during lucch. Sigh..How many bits of issues...
Old 6th September 2010, 16:26   #1613
Senior - BHPian

Got the Mahindra Shield (Extended Warrenty) today for 12999.00 still struggling with the Insurance companies for the renewal.

The car is at the A.S.S. today for various issues.

True to its metal the Scorpios self heal technology is at work and my list of 17 items got reduced by 2 when the AC which was struck on Demister setting decided to heal itself and started working, the same was the fate of one horn which was not working till yesterday night, decided to start working this morning.

The list goes as below:

1. Vehicle Wobbling & Shuddering at high speeds
2. Front right wheel squeaking intermittently
3. Brakes are locking and tires squeal on hard braking even at low speeds
4. One horn not working
5. Driver side window refuses to open sometimes
6. Passenger window side switches do not work at times
7. Front passenger door opener is very stiff and requires strength to open
8. The AC vent is struck on the demister setting
9. AC cooling is not proper
10. Rear wiper not working properly, blade is dragging on the glass
11. All the seats are squeaking12All the 5 doors are very stiff
13. Gears are very heavy and require effort to engage
14. While changing gear from 1st to 2nd sometimes it is not slotted properly
15. Low fuel average
16. Unburnt diesel can be smelt and vehicle is emitting heavy smoke at times17Auto lock not working when the key is not in the ignition.
17. Auto lock not working when the key is not in the ignition.

Plus I have asked them to take care of the following:

1. Replace the ORVM screw covers on the inside as they are falling off one by one (I have kept them but they are so loose they keep on falling out)

2. Rubber bush missing on the left passenger door

3. Rear wiper nut cover missing.

4. Front water spray nozzle misaligned.

5. Rusting on the seat base behind the rear seat

6. Rusting on the inside of the left passenger door.

7. Scratches on the front and rear bumper.

Will get the delivery tomorrow, keeping the fingers crossed till then.

Last edited by m_upreti : 6th September 2010 at 16:33.
Old 6th September 2010, 18:45   #1614
BHPian

front suspension overhaul

Having detected a leaky front shock absorber - went in for a front suspension overhaul yesterday ( sunday ! ) - had a ASC mechanic come over to our house with genuine spares. The lathe shop was nearby.

scorpio SLX CRde 2.6 turbo, 2005, done 78 k kms.

Spares list and price

Ball joint Kit - Rs. 1800.00
Suspension bush kit ( 20 pcs ) - Rs. 1500.00
Link rods - 600.00
Shock sbsorber - 2 ( monroe ) - Rs.1600.00
Tie rods - Rs. 800.00

Lathe charges - Rs. 300.00
Labour - Rs. 1500.00

Total : Rs. 8100.00

Other jobs done : changed engine oil after 8 k kms.
Maximile premium : Rs. 1000.00
Oil filter - Mahindra Genuine - Rs. 100.00
Fuel filter - Bosch - Rs. 1500.00
Labour - Rs. 250.00

Door setting, headlight focusing, air filter and Blower cleaning was done free of cost. The air filter sensor was choked and was cleaned with petrol.

Wheel alignment was done today morning.

Noticed marked appreciation in pickup and engine smoothness. The steering is a bit hard, but guess would ease after a couple of days.

This exercise has however not solved the minute body vibration at 1500 - 1700 rpm range. Happens at still position also - so not a tyre issue. The engine bedding / foundation bushes look good / not cracked ( changed at 50 k ) - still do i need to open and check ? The engine itself is good - smooth, no excessive black smoke ( tested in neutral at 5 k rpm ). Gives back 10km in city and 13 km in highways at a modest 90 kmph. What could cause this vibrations - turbo ? any bearings ?

Please suggest.

Last edited by roamingrao : 6th September 2010 at 19:02.
Old 6th September 2010, 19:40   #1615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrao View Post
This exercise has however not solved the minute body vibration at 1500 - 1700 rpm range. Happens at still position also - so not a tyre issue. The engine bedding / foundation bushes look good / not cracked ( changed at 50 k )
I have exactly the same issue (again, a minor vibration) in the same rpm range, in my non CRDE 2004 Scorpio.

I started observing this after my engine mounts were changed, after which the overall vibration levels reduced a lot, but the rpm specific vibration at 1500 rpm remained, so it seems more prominent.

Just loosening all the mounts and re-tightening them in a different sequence might help (I saw this in some other website on diesel cars, don't remember which one). I want to try this out during my next servicing
Old 9th September 2010, 17:01   #1616
BHPian

@m_upreti:
3-There is a known manufacturing defect with the break liners. I was in fact, one of the first victims of this and was finally taken care by replacing the break liners. A.S.S wont tell you this but they would have already replaced the liners free of cost.

5&6- Another manufacturing defect with the power window motor. Ask them to replace the motors, though A.S.S will try to convince you saying it was lose connection. One bad day, it will permanetly fail.

@roamingrao, mooza:
It is a known problem in all Scorps. Even the mHwaks. I'm not sure if there is a solution for this.
Old 9th September 2010, 17:49   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@roamingrao, mooza:
It is a known problem in all Scorps.
Thanks Casper Rider, at least we are now relieved that the engine won't fall apart

Does your vehicle have this vibration in the same rpm band ?

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th September 2010 at 02:23. Reason: Fixed the quote signs.
Old 9th September 2010, 18:26   #1618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
roamingrao : Oil filter - Mahindra Genuine - Rs. 100.00
Fuel filter - Bosch - Rs. 1500.00
Oil filter looks very economically priced
But seems to be made up in the Fuel filter. Very high.

Did you replace both fuel filters ? enging side and tank-side ?
Old 9th September 2010, 18:51   #1619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3-There is a known manufacturing defect with the break liners. I was in fact, one of the first victims of this and was finally taken care by replacing the break liners. A.S.S wont tell you this but they would have already replaced the liners free of cost.
You sure its only the brake liners ? To me it looks like a brake master cylinder issue and this btw was after some drilling session at the ***. Apparently my self healing scorp' dint show the brake lock up issue while at the ***.
Old 9th September 2010, 19:17   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Oil filter looks very economically priced
But seems to be made up in the Fuel filter. Very high. Did you replace both fuel filters ? enging side and tank-side ?
Pardon me, I'm not aware if there's a tank side fuel filter. Probably not, as i remember the mechanic mentioning only a float ( during tank clean up )

The only replaced fuel filter ( genuine Bosch pack ) was at Rs. 1444.69 last March at an ASC. The price must have gone up now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks